• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Part III ... some new carbon parts... 2013 POLARIS RMK.. COMING FEBRUARY 10th, 2012 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
CONTINUED FROM PART II CLICK HERE http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300308

xpicture.php,qalbumid=2709,apictureid=25502.pagespeed.ic.oXp633kIPU.jpg

I assume when it says shorter, they are referring to the length of the seat, not the height? Any reason this seat won't retrofit the 11 and 12 sleds?

Yes... when they refer to "shorter" they are talking about the length of the seat.

Yes it should retrofit... I don't know if the seat support is any different ... but is is also moved closer to the fuel tank.

xpicture.php,qalbumid=2760,apictureid=25525.pagespeed.ic.YIfsrKhsom.jpg

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
That's funny ...... the fact that Yamaha does't even have a passing thought in your scenario!!!

They call Yamaha the fourth manufacturer for a reason, My preference is Polaris, SkiDoo, Arctic Cat, and then Yamaha. My hope is the first two never f__k up bad enough for me to have to resort to the other two.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
MH, you sure seem to get these posted up here quicker than Polaris does on FB.

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
You coming to the dark side? :pop2:

I need to test ride first but if the handling and ergonomics agree with me, yup! I'm also test riding the PC M8 and 1100T on this set of days off. The race is on!!! From what I've read and been told by riders of the Pro chassis, I think I'm gonna like it. So far from what I've seen in this thread, I'm pretty excited about the 2013 model. I'm sure when I see the full release on the 10th I might not even need to ride it lol.

Now if the engine explodes on me next year, I am installing a Suzuki 800 into the Pro Ride chassis. Can the Pro Ride Chassis handle that much torque and HP in the stock chassis or are extra braces needed? :)

Last edited:
D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
From the other thread.

Edit: Other thread got split so everyone can see. Guess my post is no longer useful... or this thread for that matter.

Edit again: Lol, what the heck... now my post is in this thread. I'm just gonna remove my quotes as they are no longer needed.

Last edited:
C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Of course it's all speculation at this point, and crazier things have happened...

But I would hope to think of all the things that would be possibly over-engineered from at least a safety standpoint would be the running boards. If they did fail you would have to assume it they would bend and deform before actually breaking. Probably why we haven't seen a more aggressive snow evac pattern to date.

Maybe they should just send one out to me to test out. With my sub-par riding skills and our hopeless lack of snow I am sure I could find a way to put them to the test.:face-icon-small-hap

they should send me one. I have broken the cast aluminum support on my 2011 assault from a hard landing, welded it, and it broke again. bend both the bords before that. Went through two chaincase's ( to be fair one has been PROVED ot be a dealer instal error) and i bent my rails, had to rebuild osme of the moving parts in the rear skid, and everything ( and i mean everything) is worn out on my rear skid. i have 1400+ miles on my sled and it spent the first 3 months of the season at the dealer.

If anyone is listening at polaris, they call me product tester. My friend gave me a t-shirt that says " i void warranties" I would gladly demo the sled for free for the rest of tthe season! :face-icon-small-coo

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Based on what info or engineering principal Clarke?

based on the fact that there isn't much meterial leading to the outside part of the bored (where i put my feet when i ride). Now take take in some phisics and think of 220 pound riders landing hard and bottoming out their sleds, it looks week to me.

This is the solution my friend came up with for the 2011-12 pro's. Hasn't bent yet, and lighter than the bords we cut off. Very responsive, with no give. you can jump up and down on one bord wiht no flex. I noticed today riding that the sled was more responive to "foot english" I have some hard abuse on these with no problems so far. they are built out of croamolly, which is what polaris should be using to build all of it's steel parts. It is lighter and stronger... and CHEEP as well. Yea carbon fiber is cool, and titanium makes people think they are getting close to being in a space ship, but it's not something the general snowmobiler needs, wants, or can afford. The pic below is the running bords i am talking about. I don't have any pictures ready, but now they are powdercoated and have replacable SS traction screws.

attachment.php

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
I like the shorter seat. My goliath feet and a shorter seat would be a good combo. Definitly need to try to do something with my seat, or just put one of those on my '12.

I'll wait for the second model year of a new engine before I buy another new one.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Seat support

Notice only one bolt per side shaved .6 oz. :)
Polaris needs to start using stainless acorn nuts looks way cleaner.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Seat support......

As noted above. One mounting bolt.

Also looks as tho its more upright, and the mount to the underside of the seat also looks different. Hopefully the front seat mount on the tank hasn't changed, and if it hasn't, it should be able to be installed on '11-'12!

Now I'll be wanting to compare to a skinz or other aftermarket as I'm sure the $ from the dealer will be comparable, if not higher.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
I split this thread into parts so that ALL our members can read and participate in this thread.

I also merged all the posts from m8sandman's thread here to keep it all in one place but still have the info for all.

Enjoy!!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Photo Re-Cap for those that are just chiming in.

Here are the photos that have been posted to date... A little higher resolution than the Polaris' Facebook page.

Look for some cool lightweight stuff later this morning. Nice "eye candy"

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Photo Re-Cap for those that are just chiming in.

Here are the photos that have been posted to date... A little higher resolution than the Polaris' Facebook page.

Look for some cool lightweight stuff later this morning. Nice "eye candy"

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Looking real close where the boards meet/mount to the tunnel sides, looks like it's gonna be a hassle for aftermarket to come up with mounting other options. Hopefully the OEM boards will be much stronger, or it could be a troublesome wait on getting stronger options available. Hopefully I'm wrong!

What's next for news!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features