• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PART 9... 2013 POLARIS RMK... now released.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Good god people....

The price will NOT be announced till March.
Anything you hear is all speculation.

Don't even look at that 14k rumor. That is the VALUE of the prize. Not the price is the sled.

[/B]

Haha.

WOW, why so expensive. :face-icon-small-ton

Nice sled, from what I've seen the power is closer to the other 800's than most think. I bet they are all within 10HP of each other.
I wish my Doo was that light! Poo has some good things going on, a far cry from a few years back on the mountain sled...good job Poo!

Y

yooper 8

Apr 14, 2008
Question for '13 test pilots. Has anything been reworked with the drivers? I am a long time doo guy and I plan on spring checking a '13 Pro RMK. Rode a '12 Pro for a week at Togwotee, and loved everything but the ratcheting, especially when hitting something under the snow while at WOT.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Question for '13 test pilots. Has anything been reworked with the drivers? I am a long time doo guy and I plan on spring checking a '13 Pro RMK. Rode a '12 Pro for a week at Togwotee, and loved everything but the ratcheting, especially when hitting something under the snow while at WOT.

Drivers are the same configuration... but the new shaft will not ice up anywhere near what the previous one had the capacity for.

Most of the rentals I've been on ratcheted because the rental company did not keep up with maintenance and tension the track properly since new.

I did some good "diggers" and the sled did not ratchet...

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
On the 13 this weekend, I came down on some really hard snow with heavy throttle and also in road moguls (where I have experienced the most ratcheting) I got NO ratcheting on the 13 Saturday.

Y

yooper 8

Apr 14, 2008
Drivers are the same configuration... but the new shaft will not ice up anywhere near what the previous one had the capacity for.

Most of the rentals I've been on ratcheted because the rental company did not keep up with maintenance and tension the track properly since new.

I did some good "diggers" and the sled did not ratchet...

Thanks Mountainhorse and Scott. We all appreciate your reports and answering all the questions. Coming to Polaris next year. Can't wait!

P

Peevo

Feb 2, 2010
Sweden

My pro ratcheting sometimes, one of my friends never.

He tensioned the track when it was new after almost every ride. A lot of work but no ratcheting at all.

A dealer told me if it happens once it will happen again and so on.

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
All MSRP discussion has been moved here
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301300

TO BE CLEAR.....

The price shown in the CONTEST is the value of the Prize altogether including the sled, accessory "goodies"

There will be no pricing or MSRP released until the dealer meeting on March 5th.

Plain and simple... the MSRP will be significantly lower that the value declared for the entire contest prize package.

Oh, good hell. You love removing posts don't you. :face-icon-small-dis

While you are at it can you remove this one of yours? It seems to be speculating on MSRP.

D
Oct 17, 2011
Mountain Sleds will never come with a "motor" as the batteries or the power cord will render it useless. LOL

"Engine" is the correct term as "Motor" by definition is electric, but I'm just messin' with ya.

Yep. That is why we ride MOTOR cycles, and nascar is a MOTOR sport. The term Motor can be used for either an electric or internal combustion.

Just messin also,

D

sledking

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Central MN
Engine?

To get somewhat back on track..lol..looking at the polaris website I noticed that when it showed the engine it semi-direct inject?? I havent noticed that before being said in previous years? Maybe I missed it idk. But just thought it would be something to bring up?

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I hope Fugi doesn't make the cranks for the new Polaris Pro as when they used to make XLT cranks they were all garbage. I went through 3 crank then sold the sled with the 4th one while it still ran.
I hope they stick with built in the USA.

R

ragingwong

Sep 17, 2008
williams lake bc canada
we had a 95 xlt for a number of years over 5000 miles when we sold it to a kid we know,he took out the speedo did some mods and has been riding it for 3 winters , no crank problems

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
95&96 XLT had good motors, 97 and up didn't. I also had tripple pipes and it was a blast but sled was always down. Good thing I like my Polaris sleds. Just saying just cause they have a good product one year doesn't mean it won't go downhill for the next.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
panel out

The POLARIS motors are still made in Osceola Wi... USA... including the 600 and 800 DC-CFI-2 engines used in the RMK's. (Yes... at the Osceola plant... not closed for the engine production)

The cranks, which used to be made by Mape (Italian but mfg in USA) were changed to another mfg. The "new'" cranks have been run in ALL the 2012 600 IQR's (exact same crank, 70mm stroke) as well as a large percentage of the 2012's... I have not heard of any troublesome situations with these 2012 cranks.

The same Cranks used in 2012 will be installed in the 2013... so NOTHING NEW in that department... Well, maybe new since your 15 year old XLT :face-icon-small-win

Last edited:
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I guess I don't follow racing and the 600 IQR's. If the 600 uses the same crank throw as thte 800, what is the bore? Is it possible to overbore it and make a reliable engine?

M
Mar 7, 2008
just b/c they didn't say anything about more power doesn't mean there isn't any. i know that sounds kinda hokey but the motor is built by fuji. they refined the porting, nothing huge, and mapping. the new motor will be making 5-8 more hp. they did the same with the 2012s. never claimed any hp increase but there is a clear difference between a 11 and a 12. the 12s run smoother and stronger mainly due to the injector change and a better map. some really cool stuff on the new sled, but....

if the price is really $14,500 that is f'in crazy! $2500+ more than a 2012! for what? running boards (my 11 has airframes with are still better), a seat (not sold on it as it limits storage where there isn't any in the first place), thottle block change (again the 11 already has that), a belt drive (that once the hype is over, as cool as it is, the efficiency difference is very small compared to a chain setup), and the weight loss (which is nice of course but not worth that much extra). if the price is really that high, polaris screwed up and is not going to sell nearly as many as they could have if they would have kept it under 13K. i already told the wife i was planning on snow checking one but not at that price. i would be much more inclined to pick up a left over 12. that way everything is nice and tight and new without the obsene price. come on, that is more than an etec which has significantly more power and much more technology with the DI... (too bad the chassis isn't as good, although it is much better than with the early xp) time will tell. we will get more info after the dealer meeting. i was really hoping for more detailed pics.

pv

Rode the 2012 and 2013 pro 155, side by side. 4 of us had two 2012's and two 2013's and switched back and forth. Couple guys actually like the 12's better, I liked the 13. Great riding sled. I could see myself getting one....if the price were reasonable. No way would spend that kind of money if that is the price. No way, not even close to that. For price of two new pro's looks like I could have 4 good used 2010-11 M8's and there ain't that much difference to justify that cost IMO.

toddb

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2010
Chanhassen,MN
Question: If the belt breaks how do you stop the sled. The brake rotor is on the top not on the bottom were the driver is.

Premium Features