• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PART 9... 2013 POLARIS RMK... now released.

B
Jan 16, 2010
Northern Utah
Yea all this talk about the price is retarded.

As far as upgrading from an 11 or 12 to the 13 I don't see the point. Next year I think they will be dropping a motor upgrade to put them over the 160hp mark to shut the Cat and Doo crowd up. I own an 11 and I'm not jumping to a new sled until they do a motor upgrade.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Yea all this talk about the price is retarded.

As far as upgrading from an 11 or 12 to the 13 I don't see the point. Next year I think they will be dropping a motor upgrade to put them over the 160hp mark to shut the Cat and Doo crowd up. I own an 11 and I'm not jumping to a new sled until they do a motor upgrade.

Mountain Sleds will never come with a "motor" as the batteries or the power cord will render it useless. LOL

"Engine" is the correct term as "Motor" by definition is electric, but I'm just messin' with ya.

S

Steve86

Nov 28, 2007
Rathdrum, ID
1st year sled for some pretty major upgrades, That new drive system could take some time to get perfected. Stick with 11 and 12's that are proven.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
1st year sled for some pretty major upgrades, That new drive system could take some time to get perfected. Stick with 11 and 12's that are proven.

Such the pessimist, ten years ago the technology was such that the shock loads that a sled can put on it's drive train would shred the best belt of the day. With the newest generation of Gates GT Carbon it is a thing of the past.

Again just my opinion but the readers need to see both sides.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Mountain Sleds will never come with a "motor" as the batteries or the power cord will render it useless. LOL

"Engine" is the correct term as "Motor" by definition is electric, but I'm just messin' with ya.

the bright side is that wilderness is closed to motorized vehicles my sled is "enginized" so Im good.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
the bright side is that wilderness is closed to motorized vehicles my sled is "enginized" so Im good.

Good point! I bet a good lawyer could pull that off for us. Re-open all kinds of closed areas after showing that the greenies don't know anything! Can not even use proper english to define their intentions.

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
mo·tor /mōtr/Noun: A machine, esp. one powered by electricity or internal combustion, that supplies motive power for a vehicle or for some other device.

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
mo·tor /mōtr/Noun: A machine, esp. one powered by electricity or internal combustion, that supplies motive power for a vehicle or for some other device.

They must have revised the dictionary recently due the rampant misuse of the word; "motor" by the younger generations.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Good god people....

The price will NOT be announced till March.
Anything you hear is all speculation.

Don't even look at that 14k rumor. That is the VALUE of the prize. Not the price is the sled.

[/B]

Haha.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
From here out... any MSRP posts will be moved to another thread if you post them up.

I have gone over this thread very carefully but i am not clear on one thing. Is $14,500 the price of the sled or is that the price of the sled and trip? $14,500 seems kinda high for a sled alone but no one will just come out and say it!

All MSRP discussion has been moved here
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301300

TO BE CLEAR.....

The price shown in the CONTEST is the value of the Prize altogether including the sled, accessory "goodies"

There will be no pricing or MSRP released until the dealer meeting on March 5th.

Plain and simple... the MSRP will be significantly lower that the value declared for the entire contest prize package.

Last edited:

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
All MSRP discussion has been moved here
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301300

TO BE CLEAR.....

The price shown in the CONTEST is the value of the Prize altogether including the sled, accessory "goodies"

There will be no pricing or MSRP released until the dealer meeting on March 5th.

Plain and simple... the MSRP will be significantly lower that the value declared for the entire contest prize package.

WHY ARE YOU YELLING ERIC?!?!?! :director: LOL :face-icon-small-hap

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
HUH?...WHY ARE WE ALL YELLING NOW?

morning Eric....still waiting for all those killer pics/vids ride reports...bwaahahaha

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
wth...14500 for a sled.....hahahahahaha...i just wanted to be the first retard to get off track again...you can delete the post if ya want..

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
They didn't go back to Fuji for the motor assembly, Fuji is only supplying the cranks. They won the bid, it is as simple as that. Polaris provides the specs and put out bids for components. Low bidder who meets the specs wins. Same as Ford, GM, Toyota, etc., etc.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
They didn't go back to Fuji for the motor assembly, Fuji is only supplying the cranks. They won the bid, it is as simple as that. Polaris provides the specs and put out bids for components. Low bidder who meets the specs wins. Same as Ford, GM, Toyota, etc., etc.

thanks for the info. that makes more sense with the conflicting info i had heard from very reliable sources. that's kinda a bummer though, was hoping if fuji was building the motors the tolerances would be a little tighter. oh well, it's not like the pro motors have been having that many issues. hell, i didn't even have issues with my dragon.

pv

R

RmkMtnRider

Nov 26, 2007
Boise Idaho
So your saying they detuned the pro to make the liberty 800 last:boink: hahahah JK man

From my understanding.. correct me if I'm wrong, but that is actually what they did in a way.. If i remember right the pros had less hp than the dragons in specs.. Just seemed like they had more due to weight loss.

Premium Features