• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PART 9... 2013 POLARIS RMK... now released.

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Is it sour grapes I am hearing??? Seemed no one was complaining earlier this week. Still an incredible sled, with GREAT updates. Oh well, some people aren't satisfied with anything.:face-icon-small-hap

Sam

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
Wow looks absolutely assume but some seem disappointed in no motor changes. I think people are to hung up in the hp power number. This sled sure works good in 2012 and even lighter in 2013 I'm impressed. I will be sticking with my 2012 for a few more years. I just tend to keep sleds when I buy a new one maybe 2014 or more likely 2015 for me.

good work Polaris!

R

RmkMtnRider

Nov 26, 2007
Boise Idaho
Honestly I'm glad they didn't put more power into it. Because then we would probably be back to the problem with the dragons... Stick with what's working until you have a 110% sure alternative. They lost a lot of buyers with the dragon screw up.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
just b/c they didn't say anything about more power doesn't mean there isn't any. i know that sounds kinda hokey but the motor is built by fuji. they refined the porting, nothing huge, and mapping. the new motor will be making 5-8 more hp. they did the same with the 2012s. never claimed any hp increase but there is a clear difference between a 11 and a 12. the 12s run smoother and stronger mainly due to the injector change and a better map. some really cool stuff on the new sled, but....

if the price is really $14,500 that is f'in crazy! $2500+ more than a 2012! for what? running boards (my 11 has airframes with are still better), a seat (not sold on it as it limits storage where there isn't any in the first place), thottle block change (again the 11 already has that), a belt drive (that once the hype is over, as cool as it is, the efficiency difference is very small compared to a chain setup), and the weight loss (which is nice of course but not worth that much extra). if the price is really that high, polaris screwed up and is not going to sell nearly as many as they could have if they would have kept it under 13K. i already told the wife i was planning on snow checking one but not at that price. i would be much more inclined to pick up a left over 12. that way everything is nice and tight and new without the obsene price. come on, that is more than an etec which has significantly more power and much more technology with the DI... (too bad the chassis isn't as good, although it is much better than with the early xp) time will tell. we will get more info after the dealer meeting. i was really hoping for more detailed pics.

pv

Last edited:
B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
They made some very nice changes, but I see no reason to sell a 2011 for the 2013 Sled. Thanks Polaris for not making it that hard on me to buy the 2013 sled. I have lost 5lbs by hitting the gym, and plan to loose 10 more.....there is my 15lbs in weight loss. lol

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
Honestly I'm glad they didn't put more power into it. Because then we would probably be back to the problem with the dragons... Stick with what's working until you have a 110% sure alternative. They lost a lot of buyers with the dragon screw up.

So your saying they detuned the pro to make the liberty 800 last:boink: hahahah JK man

M

mtibby800

Nov 28, 2007
Idaho
For those of you wondering I got several items of information from a reliable source in regards to the belt drive and the new running borads.
Polaris has been running the belt drive now for 3 years and have over 10,000 miles on it.
Polaris is working on a kit to change out the '11 & '12 models to the belt drive.
The running boards will also apparently fit the '11 & '12 model Pro's as well.

Hope that helps.

V

veritascs

Mar 11, 2011
Bozeman
ever-flow.net
For those of you wondering I got several items of information from a reliable source in regards to the belt drive and the new running borads.
Polaris has been running the belt drive now for 3 years and have over 10,000 miles on it.
Polaris is working on a kit to change out the '11 & '12 models to the belt drive.

Hope that helps.
I hope u aren't wrong.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa

Hope that helps.

This may be my way to go until they have a few more ponies under the hood.

Premium Features