• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Part II ... 2013 POLARIS RMK.. COMING FEBRUARY 10th, 2012 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
im not sold on the bords IMO i think they will break.

That all depends on what alloy they chose to extrude the running boards out of, and the post extruding heat treat and aging process they went with. Hopefully they were smart enough to chose an alloy and heat treat that will bend before breaking and cheese grating your calf when it goes through.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
im not sold on the bords IMO i think they will break.

Of course it's all speculation at this point, and crazier things have happened...

But I would hope to think of all the things that would be possibly over-engineered from at least a safety standpoint would be the running boards. If they did fail you would have to assume it they would bend and deform before actually breaking. Probably why we haven't seen a more aggressive snow evac pattern to date.

Maybe they should just send one out to me to test out. With my sub-par riding skills and our hopeless lack of snow I am sure I could find a way to put them to the test.:face-icon-small-hap

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I'm sure the aftermarket companies will be shaking there head because they're going to have to spend alot of $$ on RD to bring some new improvements to the table! This is all good. Pushing the sports to the next level... AGAIN :face-icon-small-coo

a-arms should transfer to the '12s if they're the same length, wonder if they'll be for the Pro only or for all RMKs (assaults and std)

Boards are awesome for a stock sled but $500 can get you a similar setup on your '12

seat: take it or leave it. once again, cool to have stock but dont really see it as a necessary thing to push me off my 12 to a 13...

keep it comin Polaris!:whip:

They will still have plenty of running boards to sell for the older sled and the ski-doo's, yamahas, and Cats.LOL.

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
This is a sled that we (everyone I ride with) said we wanted out of the box...Mod from the factory....No turbo: boo-hoo, oh it's not ported with a pipe or programmer- give me a break!

Simple "improvements" for my specific riding...type and elevation….Hell Yeah!

to quote someone "Gas and Oil is all I need".

2013 Polaris Pro RMK....BOOM! That’s how I roll....:devil:

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
This is a sled that we (everyone I ride with) said we wanted out of the box...Mod from the factory....No turbo: boo-hoo, oh it's not ported with a pipe or programmer- give me a break!

Simple "improvements" for my specific riding...type and elevation….Hell Yeah!

to quote someone "Gas and Oil is all I need".

2013 Polaris Pro RMK....BOOM! That’s how I roll....:devil:

totaly agree.at 12000 for a sled these days the last thing i want to do is spend more money on after market products.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
will the boards hold up with a 400 pound rider jumping off a cornise?

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
With the improved Polaris being introduced and ski-doo we anticipate will follow shortly after with a new platform kinda makes arctic cat the short fat kid with long arms and greenie hanging out his nose with A.D.D at the back of the bus. "Hi.:wave:. i have a new belt, my friend has a Polaris. i saw a rock. do you like snow"?

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
With the improved Polaris being introduced and ski-doo we anticipate will follow shortly after with a new platform kinda makes arctic cat the short fat kid with long arms and greenie hanging out his nose with A.D.D at the back of the bus. "Hi.:wave:. i have a new belt, my friend has a Polaris. i saw a rock. do you like snow"?

That's funny ...... the fact that Yamaha does't even have a passing thought in your scenario!!!

S

Skeld

Mar 6, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I assume when it says shorter, they are referring to the length of the seat, not the height? Any reason this seat won't retrofit the 11 and 12 sleds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features