• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Part II ... 2013 POLARIS RMK.. COMING FEBRUARY 10th, 2012 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
Great stuff. I can't wait until you start dumping you current sleds for a 2013. I'm looking for an orange 163 for $8,500. Come on you know you can't keep that old outdated one when the '13 is going to stomp your outdated 2012.

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Screw the Fox Evol's. A Raptor or an Exit shock will ride better and require less screwing around than with air shocks. Yes the Fox are better than the Walker Evans shocks, but so are the stock Cat and Doo coil overs.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
All new lower control arms... With Pics!!

Ok... and on the menu for today...:director:

A healthy serving of..... All new, lighter, stronger control arms!!

The new design features a 3 piece bonded Aluminum/steel hybrid construction.

Although I don't have any official word from Polaris yet on this.. It looks to me like the design will be repairable.

This thing is shaping up pretty nicely!! :face-icon-small-coo

picture.php

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
I rode with Keith Curtis last week in Togwotee, and the only thing he would say
is that the new 13's are even easier to boondock.
I can't imagine this platform can get easier to ride..??
Can't wait..

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
None of the upgrades look too expensive yet... If there is a bet drive I'm sure that will push the price up a grand. Hopefully they can keep retail relatively close to what the 12s were. Looks like same spindles and skis, plastics, bars, etc. I just hope they didn't go too light!

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
None of the upgrades look too expensive yet... If there is a bet drive I'm sure that will push the price up a grand. Hopefully they can keep retail relatively close to what the 12s were. Looks like same spindles and skis, plastics, bars, etc. I just hope they didn't go too light!

What in the belt drive system is that much more expensive to manufacture than the current chain drive. It actually looks simpler to me. Look at all the little tiny individual pieces it takes to assemble a chain. Gears? Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK

There is no reason for a belt drive to be much more expensive than the chain case. All the parts are currently readily available for retail sell for less than $200 EA. Which really isn't that outrageously more than the stock powdermetal gears and HYVO chain and are very comparable when buying the better quality billet gears. When you consider the weight difference the extra $300 bucks seems worth it to me. Twenty years ago and even ten years ago the technology wasn't there to handle the shock loads a sled can put on the belt but with the new Gates PolyChain Carbon belts and Hard anodized billet aluminum sprockets It is my belief that this technology is finally worthy of my trust. Whether the '13 Polaris comes with belt drive or not, my personal sleds will be sporting my home grown belt drive. For the $600 dollars in parts how can a guy say no? For what the aftermarket guys want for their belt drive kits, you can get every gear ratio you could ever want. Just My $0.02

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
this was on the facebook add....read closely...sounds like there is more lightweight parts coming.....(rear skid arms maybe?)

POLARIS SNOWMOBILES

Introducing All-New Lower Control Arms, available exclusively on the 2013 Polaris Pro-RMK. Tonight’s Superbowl Sunday clash will feature QBs with two of the best Pro arms in the NFL – now check out the arms on the latest Pro: Enjoy a 2 lb. total weight savings for the pair, with forged aluminum ends structurally bonded to steel tubing. This is the same lightweight, rigid technology that has been used in aerospace for years and was first introduced on the Pro-Ride chassis in model year 2011. How do you think even more lightweight, rigid components will improve the ride & handling of the current Pro-RMK?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
ALL NEW SEAT AND OVERHEAD OF THE RUNNING BOARDS.... Check it out!!

:ranger: The third installment of pics is the new Mountain Friendly PRO RMK Seat.

For those that like the mobility of not having to clear the living room couch when hopping from side to side on the sled... I like the looks of it! :face-icon-small-coo.

This is a contributor to a ligher package as well at 1lb weight savings. It will all add up... cant wait to see what the final official number is.

I had a similar seat that I paid big $$ for in the aftermarket... now standard issue...

You people that like to ride like Dan Adams ... eat your hearts out!!

I like the looks of the running boards in the overhead shot... I really appreciate the design and the creative use of a one piece extrusion that will, I'm sure, add rigidity to an already very responsive sled.

picture.php

Last edited:

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
This thing is shaping up to be an incredible sled! Can't wait to see what else is coming! I haven't ever wanted to snow check more than this year! Sick I'm pumped. Lol

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
This is actually kinda cool how Polaris is announcing all the updates.
I'm assuming they are leaving the best & biggest for last so I'm pretty excited to see how this all plays out.

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
:face-icon-small-hapall i can say is awsome:face-icon-small-hapway to not lay down,your enginering department is rockin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features