• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PART 5...BELT DRIVE PICS!!!... 2013 POLARIS RMK.. COMING IN JUST 2 DAYS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
Maybe they should wait one more year for the HP increase so the rest of us who just bought newer sled don't take such a big hit trading it in. Nobody is gonna want a one or two year old Pro when the new one is so awesome. So wait one more year and give it lots more power.

So you're against a new sled being "too good" because of a lower trade in value? You're in the wrong sport.

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
Thats the only down side, dragons now worth zero, 2011 and 2012 pro's worth maybe 5000.00 if that....lmao These sleds are just like last years computer or smart phone, 15 grand one day, nothing the next
Figure slp stage 4 gets 20 more hp, I rode it its makes a huge difference, it would be nothing for polaris to get +20 out of the current motor, and with all the bitching about the power I would expect to see a hp gain this year.

Its been proven that the max air the 11 and 12 will flow without a turbo is around the 170hp mark. 170hp in this new one will be the funnest sled ever!

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
xpicture.php,qalbumid=2762,apictureid=25527.pagespeed.ic.lUp4gsCojj.jpg

Anybody else thinking mounting bracket for intercooler :p

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Yeah, having been in motorsports all my life i really have to say that sledding is by far and away the cheapest bang for the buck of pretty much any motorsport activity.....hell you cant even touch a nice sequential gearbox for 20k nowadays...12-15k for a sled is actually a smokin deal even if trade in is zero I want the best higest performace sled they can build.....end of story

sunvang,factory turbo would be to much to even hope for......lol

Last edited:
D
Mar 10, 2009
I wouldn't exactly say you "have to" do any of that lol....the sled gets around pretty damn good even with a stock track.....

The same way I didn't "have" to go from a stock track to a 174x3" but it is better.

I just hope they put enough tunnel clearance to make it happen as is.

I

IQRTurbo

Dec 2, 2010
Central MN
I know there are a lot of you doubting a manufacturer will release a factory 2 stroke turbo but I am going out on a limb and calling it for Friday.

Look at every upgrade so far for the '13... all things that the aftermarket has been developing, testing and perfecting for years. I see the turbo as a way for the factory to build a clean, reliable power addition without the expense of building an entire new engine as an Limited Edition for those who want the power replaced that we all lose to the effects of elevation. I am not thinking a big boost as the aftermarket has done but a small turbo (5 or 6 psi) to build quick sea level HP at elevation to satisfy the "average" consumer. Through closed loop programming to monitor and calibrate on the fly it is possible to build low boost reliable pump gas power to fill the needs of the "average" rider. There will always be a place for the aftermarket to tweak the stock "safe" systems and bigger boost applications for the rest of us.

With all the weight loss so far, hanging a non intercooled turbo on would still yield a lighter sled than a stock 11 or 12 pro! Even if it does not happen this year I still believe it is right around the corner. Lets see what happens. Either way I will be on a boosted '13 next year! Thank you Polaris, and welcome back to the top.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
you may be right, I hope so. Real world even a 4-5 pound super small quick boost turbo would knock it out of the park......

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
Updating and continually improving there line be it an ATV or Snowmobile knowone can touch polaris.Every year since their razor has been out they have listened to the public and added huge improvements and new models .Same with the pro fixing the few issues from the 2011 to these new advances in tech that are going to be released on the 2013.Yeah it sucks for us on the resale but I sure do like the major strides forward from polaris.I think only BRP has the size and balls to catch up as their ATV line is right up there with the best.But that said they need an all new Mountain sled not some reworked XP.I currantly have 171 miles on my 2012 due to low snow so no I will not be trading just dreaming.Good on you POLARIS theres a reason there is 2 Polaris sleds in my garage

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Great now I have to check another new Pro for next year and I'm not even done installing the turbo on my 2012. My wife isn't gonna be happy.

You better quit while you are ahead.
Jerk that turbo off and put in a box...until October when your 13 comes.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features