• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PART 6...BELT DRIVE PICS!!!... 2013 POLARIS RMK.. COMING IN JUST 2 DAYS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phatboyfilms

Oct 7, 2008
For the "glad I didn't upgrade last yr" guys.......l say, man I'm glad I didn't wait to buy a pro..

2011 & 2012 pro's have been the funnest sled I've ever ridden. 2 yrs of the best riding I've ever had. 2013 looks to be even better, but that in no way makes 2011-2012 turds.... Glad to see Polaris really trying to improve and not sitting fat & sassy falling sleep.

Can't wait to c what else they have up their sleeve, but if I was "stuck" with a 2011 Pro, I'd still be grinning ear to ear..

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
I just got out of the bathroom, what did I miss!!!!:face-icon-small-sho

Um....I'm going back to the bathroom with these pictures...I'm going to be awhile!:nono: LMAO...

S
Dec 20, 2007
2012 with 36 miles and a BD intercooled turbo is going to be up for sale. Im ready to swap to the 13 and its not even orderable yet? Cool sled lots of trick parts there to ponder. Right on Polaris.

S
Dec 20, 2007
Not any different if your chain breaks. At least if your belt breaks it doesn't have much if any chance of completely locking the driveline up and ejecting you rapidly fast.

Maybe if you ride yours on the pavement it could buck you off but locking the track up in the snow isnt automatic ejection in most cases. Im not one bit nervous about the brake location.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Maybe if you ride yours on the pavement it could buck you off but locking the track up in the snow isnt automatic ejection in most cases. Im not one bit nervous about the brake location.

I had a 2002 Mountain cat lock up the chaincase and it was painfull. I had some serious bruising on the ribs and chest. Had I been going faster I probably would have been thrown into a tree.

Yeah the sled doesn't stop instantly but it is quick enough that you can get hurt pretty bad, not to mention the damage to the sled.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
You'be never been tossed over the bars or off the side just from hitting the damn kill switch? Instant track lock up is far worse lol.

Now, I don't think the belts will be a strength or safety issue what so ever. But I'm sure they will come covered to keep fingers and other flying debris out of them.

08Alaska800

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
A few years ago, every Mountain Max in our group at some point broke a chain. It would explode the case and eject the rider right over the handle bars.

M

metallicat

Nov 27, 2007
Rugby, ND
WOW!!!

Well, i know a guy that knows a guy and i have tomorrow's big update a little early.........................

:director:

A FACTORY PLACE TO MOUNT YOUR MUFFPOT!!!!

:high5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features