• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PART 6...BELT DRIVE PICS!!!... 2013 POLARIS RMK.. COMING IN JUST 2 DAYS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S
Dec 26, 2011
MN
agree, can't read the whole thread, obviously I could pay to be a member but I'm not on the site enough to justify it for me, I'm not a guy that can afford a '13 pro rmk, but it sure is fun to read about

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
You would think they would save the biggest news for last though? I don't think narrow bars tops a belt drive.

I guess Team Tied could be a possibility.

I still think a small HP increase may be the final upgrade. :face-icon-small-hap

Or a TSL like Cat did!!! That worked out great! :face-icon-small-dis

I bet you're right.....something like direct injection or some additional power...another 8-10 should be easy..???

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
agree, can't read the whole thread, obviously I could pay to be a member but I'm not on the site enough to justify it for me, I'm not a guy that can afford a '13 pro rmk, but it sure is fun to read about

The same stuff MH is posting can be found on Facebook, just need to "Like" Polaris Snowmobiles.

M7DingBat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2009
Alaska
I've never snow checked a sled....how do I do this, and why can't I do it now...or now...or how about right friggin' NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the guys in my office think that I just found out my old lady is preggers or something. They don't understand how I can be so excited over a "machine"! :shocked: :face-icon-small-con

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
Or a TSL like Cat did!!! That worked out great! :face-icon-small-dis

I bet you're right.....something like direct injection or some additional power...another 8-10 should be easy..???

Lol, well it seemed like a good idea... in theory.

Direct injection @ 160ish HP would just be icing on the cake. If that was the case I think I would seriously consider having to buy another new sled next year. :shocked:

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
completely different application on the harley. not sure where you ride but i haven't seen any belt drive harley's in 3 feet of powder for hours on end? i didn't say there was a guaranteed issue with the open belt drive but it is a decided possibility. day after day of ice and snow getting chewed up by the belt could eat it up pretty quick. time will tell. hopefully i will be proven completely wrong. luckily, history is on our side, since it wouldn't be the first time... just ask my wife! :)

pv

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
it won't be direct injected. i'm thinking about 5 hp increase.

pv

lorne1176

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2010
Red Deer, AB
Great now I have to check another new Pro for next year and I'm not even done installing the turbo on my 2012. My wife isn't gonna be happy.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Great now I have to check another new Pro for next year and I'm not even done installing the turbo on my 2012. My wife isn't gonna be happy.

You better quit while you are ahead.
Jerk that turbo off and put in a box...until October when your 13 comes.

LOL

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I wouldnt' worry too much about the carbon fiber frame members if they are done right. Obviously, many people have had issues with the carbon fiber bumpers on the 11and 12 models. However, I have had several carbon fiber mountain bikes and I have abused them without breaking anything. It can be done and here's hoping that they learned their lesson with the bumpers and have the right design for the application.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I know, just like reading all the rumor talk about what will be news tomorrow??? Turbo would be BA but kinda doubt it IMO.

I think all these threads are fewer than 75 posts...so you should be able to see all of them if you are a basic member.

OR you can camp out on the treadmill and see all of them come through.

Last edited:

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Damn, i just bought a CFI for my IQR mod sled im re-rebuilding this summer. I've never owned a brand new sled but i think its time. Polaris is looking more and more like a winner! Can't wait to see the what else they have to offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features