• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI... NEW PRO RMK PRODUCTS FROM C3 ... 2013 BELT DRIVE GEARING, CF CHASSIS FOR PRO

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I had a good long conversation with Kevin at C3 PowerSports.

We had a great conversation about the PRO RMK and what he was thinking of bringing to market.

First thing we talked about was the 2013 belt drive system and the lack of ratio choices.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE COMMENTS ABOUT THE DESIGN OR INTEGRITY OF THE FACTORY QuickDrive BELT SYSTEM IN THIS THREAD...That would take this off track.

They will be offering a belt drive upgrade that gives users the ability to choose their gear ratio on the final drive of the sled... Handy for those running different tracks, turbos or just want to run a more optimal ratio for riding of their choice.

This upgrade is to allow for Final-Drive Ratio changes on the sled.

The system will consist of CNC machined upper and lower sprockets in a ratio of your choice that are TYPE III hard anodized (tough stuff)... Gates Poly Chain GT Carbon 8mm pitch/36mm wide belt... And a tensioner system to set proper belt preload and allow for the use of different ratios.

The machined sprockets are very close tolerance CNC and will require little to no break in of the belts.

They are also looking into the use of urethane sheathed sprckets that

The Gates Carbon GT belts are the best/toughest in the industry and the Retail price of the belts is about $90 each. (less than half of the Polaris belt)

Target price for the system will be around $800 for the full kit to convert your

NOTE: To those wondering, The stock QuickDrive belt use a Polaris-proprietary 11mm tooth spacing, so it will NOT be possible to reuse any of the stock pulleys or belt.

Next... C3 is currently working on a full, one piece, carbon fiber chassis for the PRO RMK.. This will integrate the tunnel and bulkhead into one strong, lightweight part. Weight reduction is projected in the 20-30 lb range. Unlike the Cat and Doo chassis, the PRO RMK chassis will NOT have the integral fuel tank.

Also currently in production is their Carbon Fiber gas tank for the PRO RMK said to drop weight by over 5 lbs in this chassis.

I will work on getting more photos and pricing information from them.

Nice to see some CF stuff finally coming up for the most popular Mountain chassis out there.

For more info, call Kevin at C3.

http://www.c3powersports.com

logo.jpg

K
Oct 11, 2012
Jackson Hole, WY
Great company, great products..

Friend of mine did the C3 belt drive swap on his 13 Ski Doo XM and it has been great for him thus far..
As for the whole Carbon Chassis that will be interesting to see without a doubt, I already know it will only be a dream for me as carbon fiber is incredibly expensive, but nonetheless is proven durable..

Last edited:
A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Any updates on the chassis / fuel tank?

B
Sep 30, 2012
C3 Kit

Any Idea when the belt drive will be availible? The Tensioner is appealing, Pending what the 2014 has under it, this might be a Summer Upgrade.

Premium Features