• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Matrix - Minor annoyances/Tips and tricks

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
1/2”-3/4” of added preload is the standard I’ve used.

2 clicks stiffer on WE basic clicker shocks.

2 clicks stiffer high and lo on Khaos shocks.

Mid setting on qs3’s with similar spring preload add as WE shocks.

Nothing but improvements in the handling department after those adjustments.
What benefits do you see?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
What benefits do you see?
One shock is handling the changing load in a sidehill instead of transferring load to the other shock through the swaybar which introduces all the friction / pivot points of the entire other side of the sled.

Considering race guy’s get the inside of their shock bodies DLC coated to reduce friction and notice better suspension action????

A direct input from the shock on the uphill side of the sled is going to react the quickest.

Crossing old tracks gives less steering bump steer.

Beyond the fact that there’s no benefit to a sway bar off trail. You get a very minimal weight loss……

(other than the convenience of the fact it’s already installed at the factory and many guys ride a sled completely box stock.) ^^^ nothing wrong with that but it’s not for me.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
One shock is handling the changing load in a sidehill instead of transferring load to the other shock through the swaybar which introduces all the friction / pivot points of the entire other side of the sled.

Considering race guy’s get the inside of their shock bodies DLC coated to reduce friction and notice better suspension action????

A direct input from the shock on the uphill side of the sled is going to react the quickest.

Crossing old tracks gives less steering bump steer.

Beyond the fact that there’s no benefit to a sway bar off trail. You get a very minimal weight loss……

(other than the convenience of the fact it’s already installed at the factory and many guys ride a sled completely box stock.) ^^^ nothing wrong with that but it’s not for me.
Alot of fluff there that sounds good, but heres my experience- The sled didn’t roll up easier. Body roll on the trail was terrible. If you crank your preload you lose the plushness of the front end. And the biggest issue I found was the diveyness in certain snow conditions, I struggled with slowly picking the trees on flat ground with out it, once you started rolling one direction it took a silly amount of input to get it to go back the other way. Terrible down hill too. I should add that when Carls revalved my shocks they were aware I wasn’t running a sway bar, whether they did anything different, I don’t know. I rode it that way 3 days, bought a sway bar, and my issues went away. Maybe I’m crazy, but I saw ZERO benefit.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Alot of fluff there that sounds good, but heres my experience- The sled didn’t roll up easier. Body roll on the trail was terrible. If you crank your preload you lose the plushness of the front end. And the biggest issue I found was the diveyness in certain snow conditions, I struggled with slowly picking the trees on flat ground with out it, once you started rolling one direction it took a silly amount of input to get it to go back the other way. Terrible down hill too. I should add that when Carls revalved my shocks they were aware I wasn’t running a sway bar, whether they did anything different, I don’t know. I rode it that way 3 days, bought a sway bar, and my issues went away. Maybe I’m crazy, but I saw ZERO benefit.
There you go.

It’s for you. ?

Sounds like you bought a used sled without one?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
There you go.

It’s for you. ?

Sounds like you bought a used sled without one?
Put a Kmod front on, sold the sway bar, the react swaybar doesn’t work on the Kmod kit. Mangled the Kmod stuff right away, prefered the react stuff over it anyway, so I put it back on.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
@Sheetmetalfab Raptor is out of stock for the rest of the season on the FTS extension. Do you have any other suggestions? Or is my only option to buy an aftermarket Khaos shock.
Just buy a longer shock eye from Walker evans directly.

Some measurements required.

Note that the velocity FTS on the pro rmk’s has a 5/8” shaft.

The raptor eyelet I’ve used for basic shocks is for 1/2” shaft.

Last edited:

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Raptor aslo makes a 5/8" eyelet that is used on there shocks. Got one on the shelf.

D
Dec 15, 2020
I just got my new SLP Mowhawks and didn't realize there would be two settings for the ski saddles. What position do you guys run the saddles forward or back and why?

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I completely disagree! It is NOT all technique! If it was all technique we'd all still be riding Pros' and M8's! The sled's set up makes all the difference and right now my '22 Matryx Pro will NOT come up on edge as easily as my 2017 Axys or my son's 2019 850. Side by side comparison in real time since we have all 3 sleds on the snow. My technique didn't change when I jumped from one sled to the other. I'm hoping that it is all suspension setup and eventually I will get this thing dialed in but right now it handles more like the old Pro chassis.
Humm . . . well you got yourself a bit of a situation. What i said earlier is indeed how to get a sled on edge. . . period! If you can not do this, it is either operator error or your sled is totally jacked up. (i am leaning toward the 1st).

I rode the 2008 Dragon back in the day when 40" ski width was "the thing", and was able to easily ride an edge on it, using proper technique. So it IS indeed TECHNIQUE - no question about it!

Good luck :)

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Dragon ??? How about a Vertical Escape ?? Used pop that thing up on its side run down the valley for miles. Then getting on first year REV and almost ran straight off the road it was so tippy in the corners... I told my buddy it was unrideable on a fire road. Every generation gets better . IMO. The 22 Matryx Slash, has many small refinements that ad up to a considerably better sled than the Axys. It is so much fun. And so easy to ride. In saying all that ,and in the words of my long time sled partner...." Its not the wand its the wizard "

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
Dragon ??? How about a Vertical Escape ?? Used pop that thing up on its side run down the valley for miles. Then getting on first year REV and almost ran straight off the road it was so tippy in the corners... I told my buddy it was unrideable on a fire road. Every generation gets better . IMO. The 22 Matryx Slash, has many small refinements that ad up to a considerably better sled than the Axys. It is so much fun. And so easy to ride. In saying all that ,and in the words of my long time sled partner...." Its not the wand its the wizard "
If you boys can ride as good as you tell stories. Look out ??

D
Oct 31, 2013
NH
My friend has a 21 matryx SBA that the fuel pump let go on under 100 miles last year. Pumps for those were backordered then. Dealer put an aftermarket one in for him. Bosch maybe?? I dont remember. But we took it back in this fall to have the "Polaris" one back in. No charge to him in both cases.
Id assume that its the same pump for the NA rmk.

I’m mine goes I’ll add a Bosch 044 Motorsport pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features