• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Matrix - Minor annoyances/Tips and tricks

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
I’m wondering if just modifying some Axys fuel tank pickup lines to fit the new tank and keeping the gauge attached to those lines could work with the pump you mentioned.

That’s what I’m planning . I have an Axys pickup and I’m going to route it similar to what an Axys had and put the regulator free flowing in the tank and not doing a loop .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
If you boys can ride as good as you tell stories. Look out ??
Haha!

There is no “story” here about how good of a rider one might be.

I do not consider myself a good rider. I do ok, and have a ton of fun riding where I like to, and in the terrain I prefer to ride.

I was simply pointing out that compared to the matryx chassis, the old heavy dragon chassis was a bugger to get on edge, especially with the 40” ski stance.

BUT with proper technique, it was doable. That’s all :)

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Some things that I have noticed that I need to address, but havent been home in 3 weeks to get a garage day. I have about 170 miles on the boost.

1. The brake light wire protector on the inside of the tunnel rattles when the sled is dry. Dont notice it after i get snow/ice on it while riding.
2. My pipe is hitting the bumper slightly. Must just be hitting while idling or when motor is torquing.
3, Pull cord is rubbing the rope guide and starting to fray. might try to drill it bigger and use a rubber grommet.
4. I added a skinz heated brake lever and on deep days the brake will freeze at the end of the day and the sled will flash "release park brake" while riding down the trail. I tried to clean the ice out and push the brake backwards, but no luck.
5. Very minimal room under the belt drive to clean ice out. Cant even fit a finger under there. Seems that a 5+ mile trail ride out melts any ice down there but i always check, old axys habit.
6. This is my dealers fault, not polaris, but something to check. Had the dealer install a skid plate since i wanted to ride it a few days following picking it up and they used stupid self tapping screws to hold the skid plate on. After a small run in with a small tree that was just under the surface all the screws fell out. Upon further inspection i find that on the center hole of the skid plate the dumbass that put the skid plate on drilled 4 holes with his self-tapper. Easy fix to install large head aluminum rivets.
7. Im going to rig up a tether for the key.
8. I havent found anywhere on the giant can to put a cooker. Could possibly go by the y pipe but requires taking the hood off.
9. Left side panel gets ice by the upper vent and rattles. Can usually knock most of it out with panel off.

Sounds like a lot of complaining, I freaking love this sled, so much fun!

I struggled for an hour trying to install the cooker somewhere I could get to with no luck. I have it mounted down in front of the y-pipe, kind of a pain to get to but I just release the one 1/4 turn screw and pop the front nose up. Still not ideal but better than not eating.....:D

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Just put a diamond s on my wife's yesterday. Fits like a glove. Cooker mount. Lighter than anything. Won't rust. Welds are top notch. Quiet and expensive. Also comes with a 2 year warranty.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Haha!

There is no “story” here about how good of a rider one might be.

I do not consider myself a good rider. I do ok, and have a ton of fun riding where I like to, and in the terrain I prefer to ride.

I was simply pointing out that compared to the matryx chassis, the old heavy dragon chassis was a bugger to get on edge, especially with the 40” ski stance.

BUT with proper technique, it was doable. That’s all :)

I haven’t ridden for a few years, but I thought the IQ chassis was very easy to ride in all conditions. I look forward to trying a Matrix chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Anybody who's ever popped a wheelie on a bicycle can ride any snowmobile on edge. It ain't rocket science. But if you think you can still ride an old Edge chassis on edge as easily as you can an Axys, well then all I can say is wow! Your technique must be amazing! What I said was annoying was that THIS sled does not roll up on edge as good as I think it should and IT IS ANNOYING. I never said I couldn't do it I said it was annoying and I expected more. I have now backed the rts off 3/8" and added 1/4" to fts preload. And that's a bunch in my book. It still requires more effort than my old Axys. I will keep messing with the shocks but I can't see this as the complete solution. Backing the retaining ring completely off on the rts still does not take all the preload out of the spring which I find interesting. I've never seen a shock that had preload on the spring even before tightening the retaining ring. Makes me wonder if it has the wrong spring on it from the factory. The way things have been so screwed up lately I wouldn't rule it out.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Anyone else sled going back into eth mode on its own? Happened a few times on a couple different boost sleds. Seams if it sits for 2 weeks and it defaults into eth mode from 91 premium.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
You can just turn key on to check, but need engine running to change.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Anyone else sled going back into eth mode on its own? Happened a few times on a couple different boost sleds. Seams if it sits for 2 weeks and it defaults into eth mode from 91 premium.
Dan Adam's wife told me they had a few doing it in front of them. Also showed me the scratchers we need but they are out. Throws snow up almost a foot. Stock scratchers throw snow behind cooler and absolutely no cooling on icy trails. She is always way cool when we stop in.

Premium Features