• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Am I expecting too much?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
You guys care about the dumbest stuff lol God, I couldn't imagine being in retail dealing with our half-wit society.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Well they called on Friday, sled is finally done. Picked it up Monday. $66. I asked myself WWCD (what would Chilly do?) .... I threw a grand down, called them all poor and left.

Just kidding. I asked no questions, paid the bill, and went on my merry way with intentions of never returning to that dealership.

I got home and parked the pickup and sled in the shop for the night. Tuesday morning I come out to find a puddle of oil in the bed of my pickup. Fingers crossed that maybe they had to pull the oil tank for the fuel line recall and some got spilt in the belly pan and is dripping yet. Guessing my oil pump is leaking and it's gonna have to go back.

Sled went to the dealer with 8-10 gallons of fuel... the fuel light is now on. Not sure what my expectations should be there but find it interesting that they drained the fuel for the line replacement and didn't replace the it. Not a big deal I guess since that fuel is from last season.

$66 charges show as a $45 diagnostic fee, $5 each for the plugs, $4.50 in shop supplies, and a $3 EPA fee.
Anyone who accuses a snowmobile mechanic of stealing gas, steals or rips people off for a living so they think every pereon is a sh!tty person like they are. That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. And I'm sure if you went down and accused them they would offer to fill up your tank because they feel sorry for you.

$20 bet the op sells insurance for a living??? If not he's a bad contractor.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
FFS. Taking it to Snowest aka Taking it to Facebook. In a display of humility, I have to agree with Chilly on this one.

Let it go dude. This thread was already nit-picking and hardly worth a post. Move on, pick your battles. I sense BP meds are right around the corner.
Maybe try your hand at dealer ownership and give away all the spark plugs you wish. Be the hero.

If they removed 8-10 gal of fuel (btw who stores sleds full of fuel, these aren’t airplanes) when you drain that crap for a lawnmower anyway. They did you a big favor for no charge.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
@goridedoo's experience sounds pretty subpar to me. But then, I had this expectation that Polaris and Polaris dealers could, ya know, exceed my own ability to make one of their sleds work properly? Then, like I said, $20 of gas is nothing worth getting into a fight over, but I have to ask why even noticing is the mark of a rip-off artist. I've always heard storing with a full tank is preferable (that's actually Sta-bil's recommendation), FWIW. I guess the pro tip is to fill your lawn-mower cans before you drop your sled off with the dealer...

FFS. Taking it to Snowest aka Taking it to Facebook. In a display of humility, I have to agree with Chilly on this one.

Let it go dude. This thread was already nit-picking and hardly worth a post. Move on, pick your battles. I sense BP meds are right around the corner.
Maybe try your hand at dealer ownership and give away all the spark plugs you wish. Be the hero.

If they removed 8-10 gal of fuel (btw who stores sleds full of fuel, these aren’t airplanes) when you drain that crap for a lawnmower anyway. They did you a big favor for no charge.

Not trying to start anything, but I just heard a grinding sound... like a paradigm shifting without a clutch.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

To be fair in regards to picking battles… I chewed a little ass on the phone in response the initial spark plug charge, posted here, thought it through and let it go with the dealership after that. I was friendly with the guy, and paid the bill, no questions asked.

Just came here looking for advice on how to handle it and decided to follow up… I don’t disagree with you, I even feel like its turned to pouting on my end at this point. Hopefully it’s obvious I didn’t come here to put a dealer on blast and attempt to ruin their business over something dumb.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Anyone who accuses a snowmobile mechanic of stealing gas, steals or rips people off for a living so they think every pereon is a sh!tty person like they are. That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. And I'm sure if you went down and accused them they would offer to fill up your tank because they feel sorry for you.

$20 bet the op sells insurance for a living??? If not he's a bad contractor.
LOL I don’t think anyone “stole” anything, I’m sure it lives in their waste oil now. I couldn’t care less about the fuel, just surprised it doesn’t get drained into a clean container and put back in the sled. Maybe it’s not worth contaminating it. Idk.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
psh.. don't sweat it, these guys would make fun of ya for draining your own gas before the new season, dealer does it and its magically ok.. doin ya a favor.. dick ridin all it is.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
That sucks.

Breaking records here in AK.

Buildings collapsing in town.
Poured a driveway last friday and never covered it or blanketed it.
20 inches at 9000 feet in one place. 17 inches in another. Cooke is showing 27. One good storm would change things but 40s and 50s at least until end of year.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I'm very frustrated reading this post, I'd reverse park in front of Thier glass doors, punch the gas on your truck , and let the gravel under your wheels, shatter Thier glass , and drive away. I just told my dealer the other day, I'm done with polaris arrogance and how they failed in the recent yrs with coustmer service, I told my dealer, team green is ramping up and after owning 6 new sleds since 2013, iv had enough, prices are stupid, quality is crap along with service. Over the cmass break, the c clip on my rear boggie fell out and my 7s gauge is flying all over the world and the gauges are spinning its axis, sled is brand new, and now I have a 1.5 hr drive each way x2 to fix this. Team green is 20 mins away, family run and very friendly.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I have worked in sales and the systems that companies use have changed so much and not for the better. Back in the day you would just punch in on the computer no charge or nc and away the customer would go. You were accountable to make the client happy. Some where in the business hierarchy they realized we are losing money by giving our employees the power to make customers happy. Every minute in the service department and every piece on the shelves must show up on the system. I got so frustrated that if it was a small item like a spark plug I would just pay for it myself instead of a dispute. Heck why wouldnt you walk out to the parking lot and put the plugs in yourself.
These are the times we live in and all it takes is an experience like this to move to another brand. Poo does not care because they have a desirable product but the tables will turn and my prediction is that brp will capture more and more market share.
Pol and skidoo have had the market share ever since cat started making junk in 2012, I was one off those guys that left cat after being with them for yrs, I think pol is in for a rude awakening after cat gets Thier new 858 to the market and proven itself.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I'm very frustrated reading this post, I'd reverse park in front of Thier glass doors, punch the gas on your truck , and let the gravel under your wheels, shatter Thier glass , and drive away. I just told my dealer the other day, I'm done with polaris arrogance and how they failed in the recent yrs with coustmer service, I told my dealer, team green is ramping up and after owning 6 new sleds since 2013, iv had enough, prices are stupid, quality is crap along with service. Over the cmass break, the c clip on my rear boggie fell out and my 7s gauge is flying all over the world and the gauges are spinning its axis, sled is brand new, and now I have a 1.5 hr drive each way x2 to fix this. Team green is 20 mins away, family run and very friendly.
I hear you. Not going to stick up for polaris. I will say first day out on brand new alpha and either no c clip in rear bogie wheel or it came out. None are immune but polaris is on a whole new level.

C
Dec 14, 2020
Poured a driveway last friday and never covered it or blanketed it.
20 inches at 9000 feet in one place. 17 inches in another. Cooke is showing 27. One good storm would change things but 40s and 50s at least until end of year.

We need a few good storms.

This last one dusted my driveway. Wasn't even enough to scratch with the plow....

I'm not sure I'll even bother driving to Kings Hill once this year.

Premium Features