• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Am I expecting too much?

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
You really think Kane gleans all that from the pic?!?

Hawkster has him pull location off pic metadata and sends Kane in person for boots on the ground intel.

The “dog” in Kanes name is tribute to his cousin the famous bounty hunter.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Good thing the financing came through on my new 24 Boost 😅 Might have have to beg you again to lower the price on your used junk for sale 🙄
Grammas got a nice car collection.

You forgot to show everyone your daily… no worries, I got you Chilly.

IMG_6516.jpeg

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
…called the dealer before going to pick the sled up late last week, asked to make sure they did the fuel line recall while it was there. Nope. “We’ll get the parts ordered”

J
Nov 25, 2019
…called the dealer before going to pick the sled up late last week, asked to make sure they did the fuel line recall while it was there. Nope. “We’ll get the parts ordered”
I’m waiting to pick up a 23 boost…..dealer won’t sell it until the fuel line recall is done.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I personally think they are the best option. I run them front and back. Never had one fail. Set them and forget about them. I know people said the air pressure changes but that's not true. They are a closed environment so elevation doesn't change pressure. Only heat/cold can change pressure. I have rode a whole season with not messing with the pressures. I usually check them mid season when I'm sitting around bored.
Same. Check mine once a month or so on the snow if I'm riding similar temps, and It's usually I'm making a change for conditions. If it's really cold or warm spring day then probably worth a check.
So my air bag canister is lying to me when I go from 1600 ft to 11000
why do they pressurize the cabin in an airplane.
Your air bag canister is mostly fluctuating pressure based on temperature change. If you're talking about big, commercial flights the natural air density at 20-30k feet isn't enough to get proper oxygen. The rapid pressure change on decent would be rather uncomfortable for most people too.
The difference in the shocks is probably about 1-2% in the elevation change of 5,000'. I'm sure you are an awesome rider but I doubt you are good enough to tell the difference. The variables of snow density in 50' is bigger than that depending on wind and sun. So these old timers that talk about all this air shock hogwash are just stuck in their old ways. That's cool if you don't like air shocks but to say they don't work for made up reasons makes you look stupid in my forum expert opinion.
The pressure change from sea level to 10,000' is about 4.5psia. So if it was filled at sea level and you checked it with a gauge at 10,000' at the same temperature it would read 4.5psi higher on the gauge.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I think Chadly rides about 3,000 to 7,000 ft. So the pressure change should be minimal. I’m not aware of any riding zone the would take you from sea level to 10,000 ft most people ride within a 3,000 to 4,000 ft range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
This site is getting boring. You guys get out there and start riding and breaking stuff. So I can start complaining about Polaris and ordering parts to fix stuff that you guys tell me are issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. Not enough misery here yet. Everyone is getting used to Stop Rides and poor Polaris quality. You can visit ‘24 Chevy pages to supplement.

We do need Chilly’s annual forum expert thread on his new boat anchor. This content was priceless in ‘22. His “sarcastic honesty” spilled over behind the scenes. He will tell us what a lag ridden boat anchor it is and how suspension adjustments don’t matter. It’s going to be fun.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Same. Check mine once a month or so on the snow if I'm riding similar temps, and It's usually I'm making a change for conditions. If it's really cold or warm spring day then probably worth a check.

Your air bag canister is mostly fluctuating pressure based on temperature change. If you're talking about big, commercial flights the natural air density at 20-30k feet isn't enough to get proper oxygen. The rapid pressure change on decent would be rather uncomfortable for most people too.

The pressure change from sea level to 10,000' is about 4.5psia. So if it was filled at sea level and you checked it with a gauge at 10,000' at the same temperature it would read 4.5psi higher on the gauge.
Maybe only in Alaska they have a 10,000' difference in a day because they ride so hard... The fact is most ride max 5,000' difference. That would be about 2 lbs. I run 60 lbs in the front so that would be tops 3% difference and it would only be about 1% in the rear. The snow density changes more than 3% from one face to the next. The difference is very dismal. Assclowns who know everything and are mediocre riders at best will talk about how the elevation change makes the shocks inconsistent and suck. I stand behind my words. If you are old and don't like new technology that is perfectly fine but don't use that as some crap reason why air shocks suck.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Guys like Chadly can also compensate for extremely large genitalia by easily adding or subtracting a few lbs to right or left shock depending on which pant leg they slid down that day.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Maybe only in Alaska they have a 10,000' difference in a day because they ride so hard... The fact is most ride max 5,000' difference. That would be about 2 lbs. I run 60 lbs in the front so that would be tops 3% difference and it would only be about 1% in the rear. The snow density changes more than 3% from one face to the next. The difference is very dismal. Assclowns who know everything and are mediocre riders at best will talk about how the elevation change makes the shocks inconsistent and suck. I stand behind my words. If you are old and don't like new technology that is perfectly fine but don't use that as some crap reason why air shocks suck.
I think air shocks suck because it’s like $3000 for a mediocre ride. Carls valved monotubes ride better than burandt QS3s… but I guess atleast you can sell the QS3s for good money when you are done with them.

Premium Features