• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Am I expecting too much?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I had to read this twice
View attachment 411809
You might be reading this wrong. I do not read that these items are not covered. I read that these items are not covered if from wear. It is very misleading. If these items are not covered then how would a motor be covered as engine components are in the list. In fact the whole sled is pretty well listed there.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
You might be reading this wrong. I do not read that these items are not covered. I read that these items are not covered if from wear. It is very misleading. If these items are not covered then how would a motor be covered as engine components are in the list. In fact the whole sled is pretty well listed there.
It gives them an out. Doesn't necessarily mean they will follow the guidelines.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY

It makes it discretionary to Polaris.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Added to Polaris accessory book recently. Goes in your backpack. Should resolve the issue and bring harmony to this thread.

1701433834574.png

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Nice to see Polaris changed from BPR9-ES plugs to BPR8-ES plugs, We found out pretty early that the hotter plugs cleared up a lot of the fouling issues with the sleds that were troublesome.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Context… ah yes…

Something about the bank took your Doo’s and your pickup n gramma would loan you 13k for a snowmobile, not a penny more
Good thing the financing came through on my new 24 Boost 😅 Might have have to beg you again to lower the price on your used junk for sale 🙄

20231201_144649.jpg

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Do you like the fox floats? Do you not use them on the rear or I’m just not seeing them?
I’m trying the a Raptors this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I personally think they are the best option. I run them front and back. Never had one fail. Set them and forget about them. I know people said the air pressure changes but that's not true. They are a closed environment so elevation doesn't change pressure. Only heat/cold can change pressure. I have rode a whole season with not messing with the pressures. I usually check them mid season when I'm sitting around bored.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I personally think they are the best option. I know people said the air pressure changes but that's not true. They are a closed environment so elevation doesn't change pressure. Only heat/cold can change pressure. I have rode a whole season with not messing with the pressures. I usually check them mid season when I'm sitting around bored.
that’s funny right there.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
So my air bag canister is lying to me when I go from 1600 ft to 11000
why do they pressurize the cabin in an airplane.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
So my air bag canister is lying to me when I go from 1600 ft to 11000
why do they pressurize the cabin in an airplane.
The difference in the shocks is probably about 1-2% in the elevation change of 5,000'. I'm sure you are an awesome rider but I doubt you are good enough to tell the difference. The variables of snow density in 50' is bigger than that depending on wind and sun. So these old timers that talk about all this air shock hogwash are just stuck in their old ways. That's cool if you don't like air shocks but to say they don't work for made up reasons makes you look stupid in my forum expert opinion.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
1. I bet you answer the phone and say “Yellow?”
2. What is the Ferrari paint code for that hue of yellow?
3. Young mc’s song, bust a move was written about Chadly…..
She's dressed in yellow, she says "hello
Come sit next to me, you fine fellow!"
You run over there without a second to lose
And what comes next? hey, bust a move!
4. Get some bottled beer and Mello yello in the fridge. Cans blow. Haha

Last edited:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
1. I bet you answer the phone and say “Yellow.”
2. What is the Ferrari paint code for that hue of yellow?
3. Young mc’s song, bust a move was written about Chadly…..
She's dressed in yellow, she says "hello
Come sit next to me, you fine fellow!"
You run over there without a second to lose
And what comes next? hey, bust a move!
4. Get some bottled beer in the fridge. Cans blow. Haha
Drunk idiots drop bottles and they break... I have 3 different yellows... Horus Matte Giallo, Giallo Modena, and Giallo Orion Pearl. Gotta mix it up!

Premium Features