• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Matrix - Minor annoyances/Tips and tricks

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
my n/a khaos quit reading mileage on sunday? any suggestions? also rolled it over once to get unstuck and lost a button on the 7s gauge

R
Dec 24, 2008
i used to work at a dealership. every sled that i have tried to align the track since the 2011 pro has never been perfect. always closer to one side on the front, and opposite on the back. i alway just set the rear to center and let 'er fly. still the same today with my 2021 pro 165 and my boost.

D
Dec 15, 2020
So I just put in my Feather weight battery on my boost and noticed thew Neg. Wire has a male end attached to it that has no home I can see outside a labeled single female plug up by the positive cords area. Do these go together?
Here is pics

52F74563-2365-492E-8360-D68D2D9C6FA6.jpeg B9B039DE-46D5-433E-B748-31AFCA47CFC6.jpeg

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Radiator cap wasn't tight and all the fluid drained out after rolling it over twice. I don't know why I never checked it

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i used to work at a dealership. every sled that i have tried to align the track since the 2011 pro has never been perfect. always closer to one side on the front, and opposite on the back. i alway just set the rear to center and let 'er fly. still the same today with my 2021 pro 165 and my boost.
finally someone else notices! i ran the wheels centered in back like the book says for years (this is on another brand). This year after new anti-stab axle and rear wheels, I am trying out a whacky 'split the difference' alignment.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Wouldn’t it be pretty rad if Polaris actually pull up their big boy pants and said, you know what everybody?! Those of you that haven’t got your sleds, we’re extremely sorry and feel bad about that. We understand that earlier sleds went out with a few minor issues, like fuel pumps, loose panels and stuff.

We just wanted to let you know that we are delaying more snow checks from going out and addressing all these issues so that the sleds that leave our warehouse from now on will not have the issues at the earlier models did. Oh and one more thing, we’re going to be issuing $500 refunds to everybody that snow checked a sled and received it yet or has yet to have received it and we assure you that you will all have your sleds by the end of February or we will issue an additional $1000.00 refund for those delayed past February 28, 2022.

Yeah, not gonna happen Would be cool if this was the actual reason that my sled was delayed another month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
my n/a khaos quit reading mileage on sunday? any suggestions? also rolled it over once to get unstuck and lost a button on the 7s gauge
Try unplugging the connector for the gauge and reconnecting. Mine stops reading RPM and speed occasionally, just needs a hard reset and it comes back... Not sure if that will help with your issue though.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Has anyone removed the sway bar on there boost ? Would that not make it easier to get on edge for those saying it's heavy?

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
My experience . . .
getting a sled "on edge" is all about technique, not removing the sway bar.
A little counter steer, weight transfer, blip the throttle at the right time, works perfect every time.
Its even easy to get on edge while riding sitting down. All technique :)

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
My experience . . .
getting a sled "on edge" is all about technique, not removing the sway bar.
A little counter steer, weight transfer, blip the throttle at the right time, works perfect every time.
Its even easy to get on edge while riding sitting down. All technique :)
I completely disagree! It is NOT all technique! If it was all technique we'd all still be riding Pros' and M8's! The sled's set up makes all the difference and right now my '22 Matryx Pro will NOT come up on edge as easily as my 2017 Axys or my son's 2019 850. Side by side comparison in real time since we have all 3 sleds on the snow. My technique didn't change when I jumped from one sled to the other. I'm hoping that it is all suspension setup and eventually I will get this thing dialed in but right now it handles more like the old Pro chassis.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I completely disagree! It is NOT all technique! If it was all technique we'd all still be riding Pros' and M8's! The sled's set up makes all the difference and right now my '22 Matryx Pro will NOT come up on edge as easily as my 2017 Axys or my son's 2019 850. Side by side comparison in real time since we have all 3 sleds on the snow. My technique didn't change when I jumped from one sled to the other. I'm hoping that it is all suspension setup and eventually I will get this thing dialed in but right now it handles more like the old Pro chassis.
I think all the matryx mountain sleds need Khaos geometry shocks.

The weight balance front to back is significantly different than the Axys.

You need to get aggressive with your adjustments or just bite the bullet and go with Khaos parts.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Removing the sway bar on my Axys really screwed up the handling. I would expect the same results on a Matryx
Yeah there’s always an adjustment needed when you remove the swaybar.

1/2”-3/4” of added preload is the standard I’ve used.

2 clicks stiffer on WE basic clicker shocks.

2 clicks stiffer high and lo on Khaos shocks.

Mid setting on qs3’s with similar spring preload add as WE shocks.

Nothing but improvements in the handling department after those adjustments.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Yeah there’s always an adjustment needed when you remove the swaybar.

1/2”-3/4” of added preload is the standard I’ve used.

2 clicks stiffer on WE basic clicker shocks.

2 clicks stiffer high and lo on Khaos shocks.

Mid setting on qs3’s with similar spring preload add as WE shocks.

Nothing but improvements in the handling department after those adjustments.
Added preload. Disagree.

Premium Features