• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

22 Matryx RMK P3036 EV Actuator Code

Anyone get this code? Is it just a relearn from the dealer? Dealer said could possibly be the EV cable. Sled seems to run fine. I only have about 85-100 miles on it. If dealer cant fix it with a relearn before my trip what are thoughts on running it with the code? Possibly lose some performance at worst?

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
My boost had same code and I lost about 700 rpm and a lot of FUN was gone! Dealer did a relearn and seems to be back to normal for a quick 1 mile road ride. fingers crossed.

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
My 22 Boost started throwing that code after getting the reflash done. The dealer relearned the exhaust valves and wastegate after doing the reflash. Going in next week to see if it needs another relearn or to replace something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

B

Boosted Billy Goat

Oct 5, 2021
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Anyone get this code? Is it just a relearn from the dealer? Dealer said could possibly be the EV cable. Sled seems to run fine. I only have about 85-100 miles on it. If dealer cant fix it with a relearn before my trip what are thoughts on running it with the code? Possibly lose some performance at worst?
I had EXACTLY the same code thrown...right after the recall refresh. SEEMS some dealers didn't know from the mothership that that once the flash for the brake recall was done, they also had to relearn your EV as well. As soon as I got my 22 boost home, it threw this code. When I brought mine back, it did also need some cable or whatever for the EV's, which my dealer pimped off another sled on the showroom floor as it was also backordered like everything else. they told me the tech at Polaris that the dealers call with questions said "a bunch of units had the cable issue as well, for some unknown reason"...no specific numbers of units, but they said it was a small number... I'm usually lucky enough to always be in the select group with an issue lol. this DOES seem like the new norm. Good example where having a great dealer to lean on can sometimes be both the problem and solution lol. Mine was one of the first units they did the recall on to get me ready for out west, which I totally appreciated. I actually switched from DOO to POO two years ago with zero regrets bc the doo dealer was POS scammer who chose to hose everyone at every turn due to covid and provide crap service as well. this POO dealer has been 100 percent stand up, great service, treats you like a priority...and honest in all regards. no regrets about switching brands at all. issues happen, its all in how they are handled in life.

good luck going forward

Gideup

Premium Member
Dec 6, 2011
Mnt Rainier, WA
(5) 9R‘s went through the same process. Dealer only did brake program to sell sleds and get them out the door. All sleds after first ride had to go back and get relearn for the exhaust valves. Ugg! On top of it they lost the cord to do the update and that took 5 days. Polaris really dropped the ball informing dealers to update exhaust valves too prior to sale. Very frustrating to make (4) trips to dealer for fix to ride a new $25,000 sled. Then be told we’re very busy and to get in line for help. On the good side sled runs great now. Love the ride and I think my friends do to.

blkspd

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
BORING OR
I have done two cables so far . One was a 9R the other was a 650. The cable lengths were out of spec both sled wouldn't do a relearn until I changed out the cables.

jeremyp111

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2009
New Hampshire
I got the exact same code on the first ride after getting the STOP DON'T RIDE reflash fix. My dealer brought it in, did the relearn fix mentioned above and all has been good to go since. This is a known issue and is easy to fix.

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
Mine just threw this code today (along with some others......) Been an absolute animal since I bought it with 150miles on it. Now at 550miles. Last 2 rides out I noticed a random slight bog at lower rpms, then today it finally **** the bed and was basically unrideable. Dealer pulled the codes for me
P0120 (TPS Unrealistic Transition - Inactive - 27
P0122 (Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "A" Circuit Low
P3036 (EV Actuator Out of Adjustment)
Seems like maybe I have more going on than what youre all saying, but figured Id throw it out there incase your issues seemed the same......

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
Thanks for the report, 79 miles no issues but we are gonna do a ride from Blewett to Mission and back. Only problem has been overheating in marginal conditions, we both have flaps now, why give the 155 a flap and let the 165 get hot I’ll never understand Polaris engineers…….. I installed a SLP can and my buddy did diamond S, first ride on SLP….. see how this works….. sounds nice tho…..

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
I took pics of the codes from manual for reference, I do like the machine coming
of only Yamaha:) first Polaris, turbo viper was awesome but I’m getting old:)))

R
Oct 8, 2008
Yup common problem. I was told today from my dealer that they were told at the recent dealer meeting this is a known issue. The cable is "long enough" however when the cable turns the corner to go into the soleniod or accuator it is then too short. Supposedly Polaris is going to have an adjustable cable next year

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
my boost throws this code. has done it since day one. but it is random
it says "ev actuator check failure"
sled runs fine, doesn't seem to have performance issues.

does this sound like just a relearn is needed? or something more?

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
my boost throws this code. has done it since day one. but it is random
it says "ev actuator check failure"
sled runs fine, doesn't seem to have performance issues.

does this sound like just a relearn is needed? or something more?
Mine had the same code since new, never had any issues with it, was also very sporadic when it came on. Told me dealer since day one, they just said come in for a reflash at my convenience. No code since the reflash.

M

mchilcutt

Dec 24, 2007
I have the same code showing up randomly on my new 22 Matryx. No performance issue noted. Will get it in to the dealer if it ever stops snowing lol

B
Feb 17, 2019
Yup common problem. I was told today from my dealer that they were told at the recent dealer meeting this is a known issue. The cable is "long enough" however when the cable turns the corner to go into the soleniod or accuator it is then too short. Supposedly Polaris is going to have an adjustable cable next year

Had Polaris tell my dealer the same thing. New cable is on its way. Sled would not take the EV relearn with multiple attempts. Dealer cleaned the EV’s thinking maybe they were sticking. No dice. Haven’t heard about an adjustable cable. That might be a good idea.

By the way my sled every now and then would go into a 6,500 rpm bog and would not come out of it even with fast throttle blips until I stopped then took off again. This was mostly happening in deep pow, however I don’t think it’s air intake issues as I have the Ibex right and left side intakes, the RPM silicone 90 intake tube, and the Fire and Ice internal air intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkt

Last edited:
Premium Features