• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

22 850 Matryx RMK silencer/can options?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I have the SLP with the cooker can optional bracket. It too does not have a lot of contact with the can but I covered the cooker with foam tape where it is exposed to cold air and it does cook more evenly where before the cooker was hot on the bottom and cold on the top. I wish My wife would just knit me a cooker cosie to pull over it.

D
Nov 17, 2008
I found that if you put your food in when you start your ride it does a good job. You can leave it on all day and not ruin your lunch, just don't expect to cook it quickly. I'm happy with mine once I figured that out. The food is plenty hot
That is what I found out too ! It takes longer to heat up good but will if you do not have a lot of stops along the way.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
I have the SLP with the cooker can optional bracket. It too does not have a lot of contact with the can but I covered the cooker with foam tape where it is exposed to cold air and it does cook more evenly where before the cooker was hot on the bottom and cold on the top. I wish My wife would just knit me a cooker cosie to pull over it.
On my last axys I picked up the regular SLP can and riveted the cooker bracket directly to the top of the can. It worked alot better than expected.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I see SLP now has an image for their boost can and taking preorders. Anyone know leadtimes yet or are we to place orders only to get them in the summer. I noticed you could preorder them this last spring/summer. Anyone see one in the wild yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I
Feb 23, 2021
Alberta Canada
Are Jaws can baffled or packed? I assume packed. I picked up a barely used Trail version for a steal, but haven't tried it yet.
Not sure if they are baffled or packed, but I am running the Jaws race can and it sounds great. Not too obnoxious like the Rowdy, but loud enough without my riding partners complaining. I used to run a GGB on my old sled and as others have mentioned, it got louder as time went on and became far too loud for my liking. I just hope the Jaws can doesnt do the same over time.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Anyone tried an HPS can? Any feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I just put an HPS on. 3 rides on it.
Fit is great. Sounds very nice. No complaints.
Lower toned not high tinny pitch sound like some.

Last edited:

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
With Silber Iwrote a chat and eventually told to email them. I just expressed concerns after seeing a few people complain about the big and asked them if they have a solution. Flash etc. sent them photos that I had not installed it yet with the original packaging. Screenshot showing my boost hasn’t shipped yet with my dealer at the bottom of that screenshot. They said they were going to take care of me. Gave them my original order number and address and next thing I know they say the found that some sleds after an update began running rich. I suppose elevation and temp differences may come into play. Anyway said they are sending out another can and someone is going to be calling me. A bit more than I expected based on what some have said here. Don’t know if I’m supposed to send the other one back or toss it waiting. Anyway, thought it was pretty cool and easy. Didn’t want to fork out the additional for the diamond s or Boondocker. Would go for an SLP Competition can if they would ever get around to rolling it out. Their base picknicker would be my only option.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Anyone tried an HPS can? Any feedback is appreciated.

I’ve had Bikeman, GGB, Diamond S, SPI, SSI, Boondocker, and multiple HPS.

HPS always checks all the boxes for me. Good fit, good coating, runs perfect, and very reasonable sound levels (they were loud 8-10 years ago, but have since made them much quieter). HPS does test everything, and makes sure they are right before mass producing them, unlike some. They are expensive but you are paying for a quality product.

Be aware that many “trail” cans are pretty loud, if you are looking for stock sound levels you better look for a quiet version.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Got it. Fit and finish looks awesome!

Really it’s not loud at all and fits very nice and solid. What I like most is it’s got a deeper tone to it. My ears don’t ring from
It like some of the others I’ve used. It might be I’m more sensitive to the higher pitches.

My second choice would be BMP full velocity. Specifically Full Velocity……..
It sounds very good. It is a little louder though.

U
Nov 26, 2007
HPS on my 16 800 axys lost 2-300 rpm. Had ran them for years on different sleds and always liked them. Sound nice, not overly loud . Unfortunately robbed some HP so no go anymore for me

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
HPS on my 16 800 axys lost 2-300 rpm. Had ran them for years on different sleds and always liked them. Sound nice, not overly loud . Unfortunately robbed some HP so no go anymore for me

I ran on up 8200 today no problem.
Previous Cat was the same, ran very well with it.

Last edited:

Steep&DeepRider

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2007
Austin, MN
Really it’s not loud at all and fits very nice and solid. What I like most is it’s got a deeper tone to it. My ears don’t ring from
It like some of the others I’ve used. It might be I’m more sensitive to the higher pitches.

My second choice would be BMP full velocity. Specifically Full Velocity……..
It sounds very good. It is a little louder though.

Perfect, that's what I want. Do you think you noticed anything on throttle response or anything? I know they always say don't expect horsepower gains with a silencer but HPS claims there is some. Just want your thoughts on it?

Premium Features