• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

22 850 Matryx RMK silencer/can options?

L
Aug 2, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Looking for a tried and proven silencer/can option for my 22 850 Matryx RMK.

These criteria are really important to me in my selection:
1. Weight savings
2. Zero or minor sound level increase. I’m not doing it for the sound and I would prefer to not lose or damage my hearing while riding my sled.
3. Zero negative effect on engine performance. Throttle response has to be at least the same (better is also fine). Hp has to be at least the same (an increase of a couple HP is also great).
4. Maintain OEM back pressure.

If you are running a can on your Patriot 850 that meets the above let me know as I would love to hear about it and possibly even get one.

For those of you that love the stock can and think I should stay stock…..NO, I do not want to stay with the stock can, I am doing a few weight savings items and replacing the stock can will happen.

Thanks

Last edited:

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I’m not sure about the 850, but I had a diamond S on my Cat. It was quiet at idle and low rpm’s. But upper rpm’s it was very high pitched sounding. My ears rang terrible after a day out. They are light though.
I’m in the same boat, looking to lighten up a bit.
I’m deciding between HPS and bmp full velocity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My wife's matryx has a diamond s and it's awesome. I have a diamond s on my boost and so do 2 of my buddies. Funny thing is one is twice as loud as the other. It was enough difference that i asked him if he changed his mind and got something else. Don't know what that's all about.
They are as quiet as any and probably 4 pounds lighter. 2 year warranty. Get them with a cooker. They check every box

DBRK

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2008
Bozeman MT
I highly recommend Diamond S with a cooker
Are you able to actually heat food in yours? Mine seems to only get luke warm at best. I was considering using hose clamps to attach the cooker straight to the can body to get some more heat to it.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I have the SLP on my 800 AXYS 163 with the cooker mount on it and it does a great job of cooking/warming food and if the morning has been a hard climbing or deep snow day, the food is really just over warmed/cooked, this is forth season with it and makes hot lunch the only way to go!!!
gtwitch in wyoming

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The great thing about the SLP is it is baffled and not packed so it is as quiet after 4 years as day 1. I have had too many cans that get loud after the first season. SLP also has a history of working closely with Polaris so they generally don't lose power. I am very happy with the last few I have run and the built in cooker bracket is awesome. Downside they are slightly heavier and more expensive than some.

Last edited:

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Had the Diamond S on my Pro, loooooved the can, hated the price lol.
Currently have 2 seasons on my SLP cooker can on the 850 Axys and it's been a champ.
Not as light as the Ti options, but hasn't cracked, gets my lunches hot, and sounds pretty decent while losing some weight.
I'll be buying another for the Matryx next fall..

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Personal experience with SLP cans vs. HPS and MBRP; it's the Goldilocks - not the lightest, but lots of weight reduction; not the cheapest, but not the cost of Ti or stainless; does not have the most bark and not the quietest, but close enough to stock with some rumble; zero hp loss, any gains from a can alone are in your head; not the prettiest, but by far not the ugliest. Usually good fitment, well designed - read their instructions. Ceramic coating needs alittle TLC - read their instructions. Baffled, will not run a glass pack again.

Jerry has stood behind their products, been around a long time. Absolutely nothing runs better with their pipes, have tried that. Ran them with stock and SLP pipes on doos and poos. Putting a picniker on an 850 Khaos in the off season. Don't know if I'll ever change the pipe, but if I do, it will be SLP. If you are running the can for three or four years, value can't be beat. Nothing wrong with trying or buying the others, it's like beer. Diamond S is damn sexy, they likely have the Matryx fitment fixed. Raptor vs. 3500 HD.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Are Jaws can baffled or packed? I assume packed. I picked up a barely used Trail version for a steal, but haven't tried it yet.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Looking at the Diamond S Titanium Quiet Lightweight Silencer.
Does this heat up the food inside very well?
Doesn't look like the cooker makes much contact with the can.

1653317908450.png 1653317956219.png

Tjtwenty

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2016
Just buy the can without the hot dogger bracket, then clamp it on the side like we've done for years. That's what I did, works well

strunkster619

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 31, 2018
I found that if you put your food in when you start your ride it does a good job. You can leave it on all day and not ruin your lunch, just don't expect to cook it quickly. I'm happy with mine once I figured that out. The food is plenty hot

Premium Features