• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 Boost Expert Ride Report (The new and improved aluminum "lighter" weight boat anchor)

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
So what the hell are we arguing about right now? We all agree the Polaris is outgunned on the low end but we're arguing about if its clutching or the powerplant?

Can we make it a requirement that you have to state what altitude you ride at before you comment on NA vs FI? A 9R vs a Boost at Sea Level is a completely different comparison than at 10-12k feet.

I always tell my leaders: know your audience.

I think it applies here as well.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
What you don’t realize is, Chilly is a 80 year old woman in a 43 year old mans body. He’s quite impressive on a sled for what it’s worth😜

Transgender on a sled? New content.

Can you share his preferred pronouns? I am told it would be an act of violence on my part if I didn’t recognize this.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Transgender on a sled? New content.

Can you share his preferred pronouns? I am told it would be act of violence on my part if I didn’t recognize this.
I’ve heard it’s best to let “them” share “their” preferred pronouns. I’m no good at using them, so I just call him bro or dude👍🏻

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Update:
I'm now through break in and have slowly started to build the fitness that it requires to ride the piss out of one of these new Boosts. I'm starting to fall in love with the boat anchor. I have had the chance to try older Boosts with 2.75 and Ski Doo tracks and I will admit the 3.25 is just as good if not possibly the best track option for the PNW snow. I have zero damage to my track so far at 170 miles but I also don't go over 30 mph on the trail (I know I'll never be as good as some of you on the trail 😔). I have found the perfect balance point on this sled with my QS3's where I can get it to bow tie or hop-over on not very steep terrain (which is much harder than near vertical terrain) but I can also hit the steepest of shutes and keep the nose down with ease. The scratchers do work much better. I haven't seen my sled over 108 but I also haven't ridden yet in bad or icey conditions this year. I took the plastic landing pads for the scratchers off the rail and threw them in the garbage. They are useless. I put my scratchers up high on the rail to stow them away. I haven't had any issue with intake bog but I have been running BoonDocker intake since day one. I have had some problems with the exhaust bog here and there, but I just avoid putting the sled in a position to have it as a problem. The 2024 runs substantially better than the older Boosts I have been on. I would not ride a 22 or 23. The 24 is much more crisp and more lineal on the power delivery. I would say the bottom end is close to an older 850 Axys as I rode an old Axys Saturday. I willfully admit I was wrong about the 3.25 and the 2024 Boost. I now think it is the sled to have. I don't see myself riding my 9R at all unless the snow conditions suck. Granted I have $31k into my Boost so the set up didn't come cheap. The last thing I still would like to do is bring up my 9R and compare the 2 side by side but I haven't found someone who wants to ride my 9R for the day. I even offered Rusty to come up but apparently my free gas and 9R aren't good enough for him 🤣 The 9Rs that I have been able to get on this year haven't been set up nearly as nice as mine is, so I might think the Boost is a lot better than it is being that it's been a year since I've rode mine. The Boost is definitely a lot more work to ride and I think requires a lot more skill to ride in technical terrain than a 9R so it's not for the faint of heart.

Last edited:
P
Feb 4, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
Update:
I'm now through break in and have slowly started to build the fitness that it requires to ride the piss out of one of these new Boosts. I'm starting to fall in love with the boat anchor. I have had the chance to try older Boosts with 2.75 and Ski Doo tracks and I will admit the 3.25 is just as good if not possibly the best track option for the PNW snow. I have zero damage to my track so far at 170 miles but I also don't go over 30 mph on the trail (I know I'll never be as good as some of you on the trail 😔). I have found the perfect balance point on this sled with my QS3's where I can get it to bow tie or hopoever on not very steep terrain (which is much harder than near vertical terrain) but I can also hit the steepest of shutes and keep the nose down with ease. The scratchers do work much better. I haven't seen my sled over 108 but I also haven't ridden yet in bad or icey conditions this year. I took the plastic landing pads for the scratchers off the rail and threw them in the garbage. They are useless. I put my scratchers up high on the rail to stow them away. I haven't had any issue with intake bog but I have been running BoonDocker intake since day one. I have had some problems with the exhaust bog here and there, but I just avoid putting the sled in a position to have it as a problem. The 2024 runs substantially better than the older Boosts I have been on. I would not ride a 22 or 23. The 24 is much more crisp and more lineal on the power delivery. I would say the bottom end is close to an older 850 Axys as I rode an old Axys Saturday. I willfully admit I was wrong about the 3.25 and the 2024 Boost. I now think it is the sled to have. I don't see myself riding my 9R at all unless the snow conditions suck. Granted I have $31k into my Boost so the set up didn't come cheap. The last thing I still would like to do is bring up my 9R and compare the 2 side by side but I haven't found someone who wants to ride my 9R for the day. I even offered Rusty to come up but apparently my free gas and 9R aren't good enough for him 🤣 The 9Rs that I have been able to get on this year haven't been set up nearly as nice as mine is, so I might think the Boost is a lot better than it is being that it's been a year since I've rode mine. The Boost is definitely a lot more work to ride and I think requires a lot more skill to ride in technical terrain than a 9R so it's not for the faint of heart.
I just watched some of your work in Mike's videos lol. He is on a 24 boost as well, right?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I still think the 9r is more fun when you don't need all the power. The first video of you three was not 9r snow. Can mike get his flashed to the 24 or is something else different?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I still think the 9r is more fun when you don't need all the power. The first video of you three was not 9r snow. Can mike get his flashed to the 24 or is something else different?
So I've been told is they don't have an update for the older turbos as of yet. Perhaps an aftermarket flash will make the older ones as crisp. I agree with you about the 9R. It's more than capable 75% of the time, however there is something about speed and horsepower that is just so damn addictive...

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
That is what i hear. Have not ridden a 24 yet. My 23 is runnin pretty good even roosted your truck on Saturday. Don't worry was not tracking up your zone as was taking my 6 yo grandson for his first ride. He had a blast even though his hands kept getting cold, No windshields on these sleds compared to when my son started gets those little ones cold pretty quick. Sled going in Thursday for bedwetter turbo oil pump replace, Would be cool if they could do 24 flash but I doubt they can. Out of warranty now so may explore map options. at least oil pump is covered as was under warranty but no parts.

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
That is what i hear. Have not ridden a 24 yet. My 23 is runnin pretty good even roosted your truck on Saturday. Don't worry was not tracking up your zone as was taking my 6 yo grandson for his first ride. He had a blast even though his hands kept getting cold, No windshields on these sleds compared to when my son started gets those little ones cold pretty quick. Sled going in Thursday for bedwetter turbo oil pump replace, Would be cool if they could do 24 flash but I doubt they can. Out of warranty now so may explore map options. at least oil pump is covered as was under warranty but no parts.

What keeps them from being able to put the ‘24 map on the earlier boosts?

Premium Features