• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 Boost Expert Ride Report (The new and improved aluminum "lighter" weight boat anchor)

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Finally got my 2024 Pro Boost 155 3.25 out in the snow these past couple days. I would agree with what a lot of the peasants on here have been stating regarding the new features of the 2024. The new scratchers do seem to work a little better than the older ones. But I also agree with what others have been saying that the new track does a lot better getting snow up in the tunnel than the papier-mâché 2.75. Running my Boost down the trail next to a 23 9R with a 2.75 and the Boost was running around 105 as the 9R was 125. The new scratchers don't stay on the worthless plastic platforms. This is bad news for you sissy's who want your snowmobiles to be in pristine condition when you drive your jacked up short box Dodge through the bikini coffee stand. They will only stay put if you put them up on the aluminum rail but doin that already scratched and chipped my rails. Yesterday it was handle bar deep light snow and I must say the 3.25 does out perform the 2.75 with ease. I don't think it lays over nearly as bad but my track only has about 45ish miles on it so we will see how quickly it gets soft. I still think the 3.25 tends to trench a bit more than the 300LX but I need to ride a 300LX on a 24 Boost to be 100% sure. It definitely gets the front end of the sled up in the air better than the 2.75, which in turn makes it seem a lot more playful. The 24 bottom end is much more crisp sounding than any 22 or 23 I have ever heard. Running my 24 side by side next to 22 Boosts, you can tell their is a noticeable difference in the low end acceleration of the older boost compared to the new. I can't wait to see how it is once it's through break in because my 22 was significantly better after break in. I have about 45 miles and might be a little more than 1/4 of the way on the break in bar graph. The sled seemed to get a little better throughout the day but still leaves a massive black spot in the snow. I would say the top end remains the same. The 24 surely is a step forward but the fact is, the Boost is still a boat anchor. I does not fly out of the snow like the 9R. And even having a Skinz hood, Fox Air Shocks, and a Diamond S can on mine is still takes much more effort to ride than a 9R. However, the Boost outperforms the 9R in 3 feet of fresh. I wouldn't argue that one bit. One days where its hard to just venture off the trail like yesterday, the Boost really shines. Nothing beats track speed in chest deep snow. Though I must say I am a little disappointed as I thought the 24 would be more promising and be closer to the the Turbo R but in reality it still has a ways to go. My recommendation though if you are fat, old, not very good, and/or don't ride trees than the Boost is probably the sled you should be on.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Hey Chilly,

Congratulations. You were crowned forum expert because you knew this sled was a boat anchor before you ever rode it. And this young lady vehemently disagreed with me March ‘21 at the time when we both rode it.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
2024 Boosts are ripping, big improvement over the 22-23. I prefer the 2024 Freeride track over the 3.25 but it's a big improvement over the 2.75. Our 2024 has had no bogs or issues through break in and now out of break in is running strong. I have a Gen5 turbo still (can't sell it for some reason), and 2 of my riding buddies coming off Skidoo turbos no one missed their skidoos.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
and 2 of my riding buddies coming off Skidoo turbos no one missed their skidoos.
I was talking about that with my riding bud today. The conclusion: anyone who can actually ride technical terrain at an expert level, who came over to poo from doo since the axys era, never goes back to a doo.

While the turbo R is a superior power plant to the patriot boost, the actual gen5 ride weight in deep powder is significantly more than the matryx due to icing on the tunnel, which makes them even harder to ride well when there are must make moves. So the functional power to weight and overall rideability on snow favors poo.

YMMV, unless you're the Forum Expert of $H1T talking, in which case this is these comments and observations are undisputed facts.

I look forward to trying a catalyst 858. The chassis and boost wars are fun, and it's an amazing time to be a sledder, with great options for everyone. As my favorite used car dealer friend wisely says, "there's an ass for every seat."

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Today I got to spend some time on a 23 155 Boost with a brand new Doo track. For now I'm a firm believer in the 3.25 until it starts spitting lugs. It performs just as good in our PNW snow and doesn't trench anymore than the Doo track. The difference the 3.25 track makes is huge compared to the crappy 2.75. The sled gains speed like crazy. I feel out on control. The Boost is a handful in the trees 😅 I'm about 50% into break in and the 24 has very noticeable better bottom end than the 23. The sled cleans out way quicker and builds track speed much quicker than the 23. Why they don't have a new map upgrade for the older turbos is mind boggling. Maybe they are doing that to get people to upgrade to a newer turbo?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Today I got to spend some time on a 23 155 Boost with a brand new Doo track. For now I'm a firm believer in the 3.25 until it starts spitting lugs. It performs just as good in our PNW snow and doesn't trench anymore than the Doo track. The difference the 3.25 track makes is huge compared to the crappy 2.75. The sled gains speed like crazy. I feel out on control. The Boost is a handful in the trees 😅 I'm about 50% into break in and the 24 has very noticeable better bottom end than the 23. The sled cleans out way quicker and builds track speed much quicker than the 23. Why they don't have a new map upgrade for the older turbos is mind boggling. Maybe they are doing that to get people to upgrade to a newer turbo?
Saweet. It will be interesting to see how it does in our sugar snow. That is if we ever get some. It's so flipping cold here anyway. The only one i know that is tough enough is Sheetmetalfab. Going somewhere next week.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Was only -5F in Western WY this morning. Balmy compared to you all up north.

Serious question: will anything turbo/supercharged ever NOT be a boat anchor?

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Have to agree with you there, the turbo R throttle response is on another level compared to a boost. Is the 9R throttle response much better than a turbo R?
No comparison, the 9R throttle response is super crisp and what makes the 9R so good in tight technical terrain.

Premium Features