• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First ride on 24’ boost

B
Feb 17, 2019
Looking for clarification on the newest tunes.

Is the tune that added the (break on warning message) etc. the latest tune?

Or is there a newer tune that they’ve put on the 24’s?

I appreciate the parts number list for the tunes but I’m not sure you can pull that info up on the 7S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I appreciate the parts number list for the tunes but I’m not sure you can pull that info up on the 7S.

Correct. 7S will give you software checksum number under VIN on display. Part number was for people to take in to dealer service department in case they got the, “ never heard of it” response.

B
Feb 17, 2019
Right. Got it. Thanks

Reading that reflash screenshot it is dated 11/7/23, so that’s gotta be a newer reflash then the (break on) reflash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Correct. 7S will give you software checksum number under VIN on display. Part number was for people to take in to dealer service department in case they got the, “ never heard of it” response.
Hey Murph
Can a person get the ne 24 tune put into the 22 sleds? Is so what part number is it?

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
I’m a little late to the party. But I took the 24 boost for its maiden voyage yesterday. 155” 3.25 Kahos. Completely stock except for IceAge rail tip fix. I was pleasantly surprised how good it was. It really blows the old wig back. The track seems awesome also. Track is noisy on the back bogie wheels. Riding at 9500’ 8600 RPM
Only went 37 miles. So far I think I’m gonna love it.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I have 300 miles on my 24’ now. Really happy with it. The only thing it really has needed was the rail tips fixed, suspension adjustment and a new throttle block. I’m still not 100% on board with the 3.25 track. Front end still a little too in the air for my liking and trenches pretty good. Tried the composit M700 (2.75” lug) for a couple rides and it worked much better than the Polaris 2.75, but still lacked the traction to get sled moving, did trench a lot less than the 3.25, as you would expect. I think I’ll throw my 300lx on. Think that will be a great middle ground track.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I have 300 miles on my 24’ now. Really happy with it. The only thing it really has needed was the rail tips fixed, suspension adjustment and a new throttle block. I’m still not 100% on board with the 3.25 track. Front end still a little too in the air for my liking and trenches pretty good. Tried the composit M700 (2.75” lug) for a couple rides and it worked much better than the Polaris 2.75, but still lacked the traction to get sled moving, did trench a lot less than the 3.25, as you would expect. I think I’ll throw my 300lx on. Think that will be a great middle ground track.
Jumped back and forth between a 325, 300lx, and a 3” powerclaw in deep, baseless snow, and thought the 300lx was the worst trencher of the group in those conditions. I was really impressed with how the 24 ran over the 23s.

newfrank

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2013
I have 500km on my 2024 khaos slash 155 boost with the 275. I was in revy a week and a half ago when we got a big dumping of snow, over the handlebars for a few days. Had a nasty powder bog most of my riding, and the vents were icing over the entire trip (maybe because of the cold temps?) and starving the motor of air. Also had the sled stall out on me a few times when stuck in a trench and the exhaust was plugged up.

Put a fire'n'ice intake vent under the hood which helped a bit but didn't completely get rid of the bog. Going to try a silicone intake hose and see if that helps.

Power was alright, not overly impressed but still a fun sled. Kind of a dog in the low-end, bad stumble at low speeds until the boost kicked in. Should have probably gone 9r. Well through break-in at this point. Went through 26 spark plugs (fouled both plugs without fail every single morning and then usually another 2 during the day on some of the days during my 10 days of riding. Not sure what the reason for that is but it's at the dealer now getting looked at. Also lost the knob on the 7s display in the first kilometer of riding, and the display never turns off with the key, it just stays on until the battery dies whether or not the key and/or tether is in there.

It trenched like crazy on me for most of the trip, always felt like I was fighting the machine and couldn't get comfortable with it. Had to mess around with the suspension a lot to get it to pop out of the snow. Ended up with 5 clicks hi speed and 6 clicks low speed on the front ski shocks, 2 clicks hi speed /4 clicks low speed front track shock and 4 clicks high speed / 6 clicks low speed for the rear track shock, left the spring preload how it was from the factory. Sled handled much better after that, popped out of the snow better, less trenching, held lines better.

Another annoying thing is the parking brake is ridiculously hard to engage. Normal brake-use is fine but when I want to put the parking brake on for the trailer / deck it is stupid difficult to get on. Maybe I'm just a weak baby man but jesus it is a pain.

Last edited:

ryang85

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2020
Oregon/Norcal
I have 500km on my 2024 khaos slash 155 boost with the 275. I was in revy a week and a half ago when we got a big dumping of snow, over the handlebars for a few days. Had a nasty powder bog most of my riding, and the vents were icing over the entire trip (maybe because of the cold temps?) and starving the motor of air. Also had the sled stall out on me a few times when stuck in a trench and the exhaust was plugged up.

Put a fire'n'ice intake vent under the hood which helped a bit but didn't completely get rid of the bog. Going to try a silicone intake hose and see if that helps.

Power was alright, not overly impressed but still a fun sled. Kind of a dog in the low-end, bad stumble at low speeds until the boost kicked in. Should have probably gone 9r. Well through break-in at this point. Went through 26 spark plugs (fouled both plugs without fail every single morning and then usually another 2 during the day on some of the days during my 10 days of riding. Not sure what the reason for that is but it's at the dealer now getting looked at. Also lost the knob on the 7s display in the first kilometer of riding, and the display never turns off with the key, it just stays on until the battery dies whether or not the key and/or tether is in there.

It trenched like crazy on me for most of the trip, always felt like I was fighting the machine and couldn't get comfortable with it. Had to mess around with the suspension a lot to get it to pop out of the snow. Ended up with 5 clicks hi speed and 6 clicks low speed on the front ski shocks, 2 clicks hi speed /4 clicks low speed front track shock and 4 clicks high speed / 6 clicks low speed for the rear track shock, left the spring preload how it was from the factory. Sled handled much better after that, popped out of the snow better, less trenching, held lines better.

Another annoying thing is the parking brake is ridiculously hard to engage. Normal brake-use is fine but when I want to put the parking brake on for the trailer / deck it is stupid difficult to get on. Maybe I'm just a weak baby man but jesus it is a pain.
I have the same sled as you, Ive used 1 sets of plugs for 400 miles and none of the issues. Only issue I've had so far is blowing up a primary spring which was warrantied and a new one in hand in about 30 seconds of stopping by the dealer. Stock Intake and zero bog since break in.
The parking break is a pain I'll admit.

Sounds like you likely have some other issues going on making the sled run to rich.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020

26 plugs, maybe a bit excessive:) Ethanol free fuel?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

“They” will tell you the powder bog isn’t real.

I have the Ibexx intakes(both sides) and a silcone elbow… still have intake bog. Also get the exhaust bog, which is also fake I guess.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

Try to leave your sled running until it gets over 100 degrees in the morning when you start it. Can be tough if you are unloading with anxious friends… reverse will kill the engine, and will likely foul a plug.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
“They” will tell you the powder bog isn’t real.

I have the Ibexx intakes(both sides) and a silcone elbow… still have intake bog. Also get the exhaust bog, which is also fake I guess.
Throw those over priced POS away. They don't work. I haven't had any intake bog at all on my 24.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Throw those over priced POS away. They don't work. I haven't had any intake bog at all on my 24.
I don’t bog on the trail either.

I was having far less issues than the stock intakes were. I did smash the left side on day two. It’s Tyvek taped for the time being and will go in the trash eventually.

Premium Features