• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx throttle block

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Rode my 2022 850 khaos yesterday in pretty unbelievable November over the hood snow. I have never had problems with a throttle block this bad with any other Polaris. Is the matryx design changed? I’ve had ice buildup before that pretty easily cleaned out, but this was way worse. It even froze the cable to the housing so it wouldn’t move and came unattached from the thumb lever a number of times and significantly messed with the tss all day. I’ve heard there were problems, but this was ridiculous. I have a TKI block I got a couple days ago and a finger throttle that should cure it.

773C03CC-CE08-49C8-85D7-D69C3DE5ACD6.jpeg F8AFF235-C7CA-4C67-A1CE-3F593C6E907F.jpeg

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
Rode my 2022 850 khaos yesterday in pretty unbelievable November over the hood snow. I have never had problems with a throttle block this bad with any other Polaris. Is the matryx design changed? I’ve had ice buildup before that pretty easily cleaned out, but this was way worse. It even froze the cable to the housing so it wouldn’t move and came unattached from the thumb lever a number of times and significantly messed with the tss all day. I’ve heard there were problems, but this was ridiculous. I have a TKI block I got a couple days ago and a finger throttle that should cure it.
I can't speak from personal experience on the Matryx, I have an Axys. I did read that the thumb warmer on the Matryx is epoxy only no foam strip, it seams that the ice melt w/o the foam piece makes it worse on the Matryx. I went with the ZRP on my AXYS.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
I can't speak to the specifics of the Axys to Matryx change, but my Matryx was simply unsafe to ride in deep snow with the stock throttle block. Previous threads have discussed this at length. Some believe the problems are related to the new/different warmers (since the current block appears to be the same as previous).

The MVM block I installed works well, as does the munster if you're into the finger throttle. Both are superior designs to the stock situation.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
day one yesterday on my new sled. over the hood, face shots all day.
never had a throttle block issue, Munster for the win ??

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I have a few rides on a new Matryx last spring. I did have this problem a few times. It did stick a couple times but not full open, it was more slow coasting speed. Gave it a smack and it cleared.
Mostly New to Polaris for my daily driver :), so I wasn’t sure if this was an actual problem or weather or snow type related.

This year I decided to try a new throttle block.
I bought 2. One is MVM on the Matryx and the other is TKI, installed on a ‘21 Khaos.
I prefer the MVM in install and looks (if that matters). We’ll see about function after some rides.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D
Nov 17, 2008
Is anyone who are having these throttle block issues running hand gaurds? I use hand gaurds and have never run into this problem. Was wondering if it was that I just never got into the right situation to tigger it or my hand gaurds may be keeping most of the snow away. Might also add that I rarely run my handle bar heater above the low position.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Is anyone who are having these throttle block issues running hand gaurds? I use hand gaurds and have never run into this problem. Was wondering if it was that I just never got into the right situation to tigger it or my hand gaurds may be keeping most of the snow away. Might also add that I rarely run my handle bar heater above the low position.
I've casually noticed that Burandt and his crew frequently run full gauntlets. No snow on hands/throttle means no icing.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Do you spray it on just before you ride - meaning day of? Or can it be sprayed on if not riding for some time?

Or does it matter?
Just the rattle can size with a skinny straw on the sprayer. Give it a squirt when I remember.

If it’s a tree riding day there might be 12-15 rollover unsticks.

Usually I remember before heading into those zones. ?

P

provoyager

Mar 22, 2021
Alaska
Does anyone know where I can buy a kyber throttle block that is black in color? I tried emailing kyber, but they only produce one run a year. Thanks.

B

BallsDeep_5280

Oct 16, 2012
CO
I started carrying a pen-sized spray bottle filled with alcohol. Spray a little alcohol mist on the iced up throttle and bingo, bango, bongo... Problem solved for a few hours or until the next roll of the sled.
UPDATE:

This Matryx throttle block is somehow the worst i've ever had at icing up. It's insane. I've never battled a throttle block this much. I ditched it and went with a TKI throttle block. Problem solved.

Premium Features