• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Utah Snow Conditions

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
rode at the swan flats up logan canyon great snow nice and deep. had to break trail to get to the good stuff. groomers not out yet. very fun. headin out tomorrow again. anyone headin up logan canyon tomorrow give me a call lets hook up and ride! 435 881 0691

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
i'm headin to Whitney/MLH area tomorrow or we would shoot up that way M8Chris. We still need to have our young gun ride or whatever. haha

Anyone gonna be in the soapstone area christmas eve?

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah USA
had an epic ride today! close to 3 feet in places, not much base yet. but had a blast on the new XP!! even bumped into hatchers up there. there are still some land mines out there. had one in our group on a brand new, 0 miles outta the trailer, M8, found a rock and was towed back to the truck by yours truly. that sled is now totaled, ouch! :(

up again tomorrow :D

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
i'm headin to Whitney/MLH area tomorrow or we would shoot up that way M8Chris. We still need to have our young gun ride or whatever. haha

Anyone gonna be in the soapstone area christmas eve?

we definetly need to have our young ride soon haha. it was great today a lil better of a base then yesterday thats for sure. DEEP POW!! all over the place not a single rock. over at my dealer Ridgeline Recreation they held a drawing and i won 2days use on an M1000! cant wait to try that 1000.

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Hows mirror lake highway looking?

Trying to decide if I should take the 660 with me back to Evanston or just ride my dads spare Edge 144. Only problem with taking the 660 will be dealing with all the crap he'll give me for buying it.

S

sodfarmer

Dec 5, 2007
Franklin Basin was awesome on Friday. The meadows below Competition Hill were pretty pounded, but it was deep. No one had made it to the top yet they were just to the trees about 3/4 of the way up. Watch out for rocks, we hit a few, but no damage:D

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
This was up mirror lake highway... snow was deeeeeep!

122207_8563.jpg

122207_8499.jpg

122207_8553.jpg

M
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Well just got back from the uintah's. Yesterday we decided to ride Mt. Elizabeth/Millcreek canyon... Bad idea, still stumps and rocks everywhere. Today we went up the highway to whitney/moffit. Deep deep deep powder. It was pretty barren up to the warming hut with the tops of sage showing, but just above that it just got bottomless around 10000 ft. Awesome Ride! Sorry for no pics, i totally forgot about pics until i was halfway back to the truck on MLH

Last edited:
S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Oh yeah, blizzard conditions and white out here in South Ogden. Keep it coming! Next ride should be epic.:D

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
went up providence canyon today. snow was pretty deep in some spots. its got a good base no rocks or stumps. got to the warming hut played around there before deciding to turn back before it got worse and wouldnt be able to find our way out. cant wait to go out wednesday.

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Need some help/advice. I have a group of 5 other friends and relatives that are visiting me in Salt Lake City until Sunday morning and want to go snowmobiling. They are all somewhat experienced off trail riders, prefer rolling hills, meadows, some easy tree riding, carving, easy to moderate sidehilling. Since I haven't been out riding in Utah yet this year, where do you suggest that we go for a day ride? Will have good sleds (SC Apex, couple modded Mtn Max's, stock Viper, stock 700 Doo), all at least 151" tracks.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Guardsman Pass was nice a deep, this is only my second time here and Madmax was the guide, still plenty of rocks to find and some little trees will stop you dead in your tracks, light snow fall made for some flat light……all in all, good short ride for the day. This place is like a freakin maze……makes for some killer boondocking and rock hoppin. Saw my first white weasel, little guy was cute....

No clue why Madmax took better pics than me, its my freakin camera!

ray6.jpg

ray4.jpg

ray3.jpg

ray5.jpg

ray1.jpg

max3.jpg

max1.jpg

max4.jpg

max2.jpg

C
Jan 4, 2002
Riverton
Mill Hollow

Need some help/advice. I have a group of 5 other friends and relatives that are visiting me in Salt Lake City until Sunday morning and want to go snowmobiling. They are all somewhat experienced off trail riders, prefer rolling hills, meadows, some easy tree riding, carving, easy to moderate sidehilling. Since I haven't been out riding in Utah yet this year, where do you suggest that we go for a day ride? Will have good sleds (SC Apex, couple modded Mtn Max's, stock Viper, stock 700 Doo), all at least 151" tracks.

I suggest going up to The Mill Hollow Reservoir area. If you know how to get to Woodland, its an easy drive. Take I-80 east up Parleys Canyon 30 miles to the the Heber exit (US-40), head south to the Kamas exit, 4 miles (State Road 248), head east to the Red Light in Kamas, (11 miles), then turn right and head south on State 32 6 miles to the Francis 4-way stop and turn left. Stay on this road all the way to the Nobbletts Trail head parking lot. Unload and ride south east on the main trail until you come to the very first turn off (Mill Hollow Res.) Ride the main trail all the way past Mill Hollow and then it opens up on both sides of the trail. You can play on rolling hills and small bowls, right next to the main trail for miles and miles. (There's even a few small steep hills to play on) I suggest staying very close to the main trail if all the riders are not familiar with this area and with all this new powder. (Easy to get down in deep draws that would be very difficult to get out.) Have fun and make sure everybody has Beacons, Shovels and probes.

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks Catskinner - been up there riding a lot. I'm just not sure if the snow is good enough to go off trail and not hit rocks, stumps, etc. Talked with Adam at Bear River Service and he thought the snow was a little sketchy on the North Slope. What about Soapstone area, anyone know what the snow conditions are like?

M
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
The dude at bear river lodge doesn't know what he is talkin about. You get somewhat high and it is DEEEPPP. Soapstone is the same story other then it feels more like it doesn't have a base, if you get HIGH you can find some bottomless, baseless fluff. Rode both in the last few days.

B
Nov 30, 2007
Clinton, Utah
I would love to link up with people that are familiar with the soapstone or Mill Hollow area this Saturday. Would like to find areas where you don't have to tip toe and worry about clipping rocks. Anyone interested let me know.

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Just got in from blowing out the driveway. This is some wet and heavy snow! Hopfully this will knock down some avys before anyone meets another one. Byby to that fluffy powder from last weekend:(

Premium Features