• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wyoming Snowmobile Permits Update And Registration Question

M

MRog40

Jan 23, 2022
Fargo, ND
I never received my mail order permits after over a month (no big deal with the snow conditions this year) so I called in and learned this: If you ordered permits online through https://wyoparks.wyo.gov/ in 2023, the order went through "ReserveAmerica" who is no longer handling any orders for wyoparks. I was told "ReserveAmerica" had ran out of permits so the whole process was delayed, and that I should receive them by jANUARY 19th at the latest.

Currently in 2024 permits can only be bought in person from businesses throughout WY, a list of agents is provided via PDF here for where to buy in person: https://wyoparks.wyo.gov/index.php/home-trails

While looking into this I came across something I never knew. According to WY law, "Resident snowmobile" means any snowmobile: Titled in Wyoming, Owned by a Wyoming resident, or which is used or kept in Wyoming for more than thirty (30) consecutive days.

Has anyone gotten a resident registration using the 30 days rule? I've only ever bought the non-resident permit, what info do they need if doing a resident registration? For folks that leave sleds there in storage but live in a state like MN it would save them the hassle of buying the MN registration, which is technically required for legal non-resident permit usage.

Last edited by a moderator:

wyox

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
Vin number is required for the resident permit.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I put my sticker inside the storage behind the guage on my matryx. Had a ranger in the parking lot tell me I had to remove it and put it on the left side of the sled or buy a new sticker.

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
I put my sticker inside the storage behind the guage on my matryx. Had a ranger in the parking lot tell me I had to remove it and put it on the left side of the sled or buy a new sticker.
That was just because you ride a polaris. Ha

Premium Features