• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Introducing A.R.C. from Skinz Protective Gear

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
My only question, would be this.
What if you have the A.R.C. shock set at 20lbs, and you blow a landing and completly bottom your supsension out. I mean completely compress everything. What does this do to the rear mounting bracket. does it blow your arc shock apart, or what do you think the out come would be. Because Im sure that little shock is not designed to handle alot of force.
I love the idea, and would entertain putting one on my sled. But this is a question that I would need addressed.

The brackets and scissors do not allow the shock to bottom out. The purpose of the shock is to control coupling not absorb any forces from a jump. It's impossible to blow the ARC shock out from a jump bottoming. All the kits that have been used by Dan Adams, Cole Wilford, Keith Curtis, Burandt were evaluated after a full season by FOX. They showed zero wear and the shocks could be reassembled and used again.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
The brackets and scissors do not allow the shock to bottom out. The purpose of the shock is to control coupling not absorb any forces from a jump. It's impossible to blow the ARC shock out from a jump bottoming. All the kits that have been used by Dan Adams, Cole Wilford, Keith Curtis, Burandt were evaluated after a full season by FOX. They showed zero wear and the shocks could be reassembled and used again.

I understand how it works, its good to know the shock wont bottom out. So on to the next question will the ARC brackets handle the extra stess?
On to the thrid quetion how much testing has been done with this product where bottoming the supension was the goal.
And with all due respect but having Burndt and the rest of those riders use the kit does not hold an ounce of worth. They are not a true consumer, its just the way it is.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I understand how it works, its good to know the shock wont bottom out. So on to the next question will the ARC brackets handle the extra stess?
On to the thrid quetion how much testing has been done with this product where bottoming the supension was the goal.
And with all due respect but having Burndt and the rest of those riders use the kit does not hold an ounce of worth. They are not a true consumer, its just the way it is.

You will never hear the downsides and failures for sponsored riders, Plain and Simple, Not saying anything bad about the product.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Like I stated, there opinion does not hold an once of worth.

I don't have any question about the performance of this product, my concern is the burability of the componets when face with bottoming out the rear skid.

Last edited:

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Like I stated, there opinion does not hold an once of worth.

I don't have any question about the performance of this product, my concern is the burability of the componets when face with bottoming out the rear skid.

When I want my product TESTED not advertising, real hardcore testing I turn to the pro riders. Nobody will abuse the product like they will so there is some value what we've learned from these guys using the product.

The geometry of all components will NOT allow the shock to bottom out, it's that simple.

S
Jan 16, 2008
Lincoln MT
When I want my product TESTED not advertising, real hardcore testing I turn to the pro riders. Nobody will abuse the product like they will so there is some value what we've learned from these guys using the product.

The geometry of all components will NOT allow the shock to bottom out, it's that simple.

Pro riders get paid to endorse a product. Not give an honest opinion.

S
Jan 16, 2008
Lincoln MT
I totally understand. I will say in private speaking with Burandt and Adams love it for what its worth.

Those rear shocks are customer built for them by Fox....that's a fact.

do you stock them? ill take apart my mountain bike one and you take apart the skinz one and lets compare valving and oil...

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.

Having pro riders test is worth alot, But IMO it is not a selling point when folks say this pro rider used produt X.. here is the problem I have. Pro riders don't pay what the average JO rider does. lets just say pro rider X gets one demo sled, and a 30% off all parts. he is out of pocket X amount of $$. I on the other hand average JO pay's full retail and buys his own sled to ride, with no back up sled to ride when JO's goes down. So Pro rider X has an extra 10000 dollars to buy aftermarket goodies. So if X aftermarket goody really is not holding up like Pro rider X had hoped , well then its not as big of a deal. but under normal use X aftermarket goody is great. So Pro rider X says yea loved it, had just a few little issues bla bla bla so on.

I, on the other hand want more solid info than "Oh well pro rider X uses it" Im not going to spend 1200 bucks on something unless I have herd and seen prof of the durability and performance of product X. I don't want to spend 1200 bucks then take the first big drop of the year and buckel the mounting hard ware. "" Which I sure "SKINS" would stand behind the product 100% "" but thats not the point.

Im sure the performance is spot on, with the ARC system. I am just looking for information coming from consumers.
LIke I stated "" with all due respect "" Not bashing or poking here. Just stating my thoughts on this subject. But please don't forget that there are riders out there that ride just as hard as the pro guys! and abuse there equipment on a daily basiss. But we pay 100% of the bill.

Ok back on to it.

So from what I am gathering, you can not buckel the "" mounting"" hardware, OR bottom out the shock of the ARC system when you bottom out the entire rear skid. Or is that not completely known yet. I understand it still in the new product category.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
How does Skinz recommend to go about bracing the tunnel for the extra stress it will receive in the coupled position?

skidawg

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2006
Wausau, Wisc.
you must make more money than I do.. :face-icon-small-ton
But yea thats my plan, but Im gonna wait for just a bit. Tell some more review comes out.

Sometimes I try to be sarcastically funny and yes I have been a guinea pig on many a new product. With that being said, sometimes things work great and sometimes, not so much! The only real problem I have is impatience, but the way I look at things, the only way to advance technology, is to try and experiment with stuff.:face-icon-small-hap

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
If I remember right, skinz did have failures on there first run of brackets, but was quickly taken care of.

I wouldn't worry about durability on this kit, but I still think the price is to high. If it was in the $700 to $800 price range I think more people would buy this setup.

Premium Features