• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Airframe Hood for the Turbo 1100.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
SPGArcticCatProClimbTurboHoodACMF275-BK.jpg

SPGArcticCatProClimbTurboHoodACMF275-BKParts.jpg

http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1301

Thanks,
Paul

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
How about some more info. I see a filter in the bottom pic but where does it go?

Drops 10 lbs. of weight.

It replaces the center section with all the ducting and headlight. All the OEM side panels go back on just like the OEM. The great thing about these hoods is there is no damage or modifications necessary to the OEM parts. If needed, everything can go back to original. With the turbo unit, you get the new Green filter and the pre-filter cover along with all the parts needed for a complete installation. These hoods have more venting and excessively more airflow. There are three large ports routed into the top of hood.

Also, the original air intakes become flow vents to allow air to get out of the machine or flow through. It is important to know that on the turbo unit only the right side vent is used for taking air into the engine with the OEM setup. The left side is a dummy, it’s blocked off. In this kit, the customer drills the blocked off hole out and this also becomes airflow through the engine. The green performance filter which goes onto the OEM elbow and pulls air from the side vent. This dramatically reduces under hood heat increasing performance and extending belt life.

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
Really ??
It's $259 for a evo cold air intake alone ! this comes with one and u lose 10 lbs !
Or am I looking at it the wrong way ?

I wouldn't call the air filter siting right next to the motor under the hood a very good air intake with the already high charge temps! The Evo one is drawing cold air in and shedding a little weight. IMO But are you really buying the hood for the intake or to save weight? Cause your comparing a light weight hood with Evos intake

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
If it were my sled I would mount a couple PIAA lights. Cut holes where the headlights were, fashion an aluminum bracket to hold them and you darkness will be bright again.

I think a solution to the darkness is coming.....

Premium Features