• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gloves

W

will

Mar 16, 2008
Calgary
A lot of the time we have a 20 to 45 km ride to get to the mountain riding, so if it's -20 to - 25 c it can be very cold. I have a thin mitt style shell I slip over my gloves to cut the wind, a bit awkward but you get used to it, I then pull them off once we get to the mountain riding.

As far as the gloves go I've tried alot, usually have several pairs along and change them throughout the day as they get wet. Right now I have a high tech pair of ski gloves with are the warmest I've tried, they have a pile type lining in them which wicks the moisture away from you skin.

I always try to keep a fresh pair for the ride out especially if it's a long one.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
The one thing that I can't stand is a glove that gets loose and bulks up in the palm of your hand. A good tight fitting Klim Inversion glove or Mechanix glove is the ticket for me when it's above 20 degrees. Below that, I'm having trouble finding a glove that I like that is warm and not super bulky. I had a pair of Scott Gauntlet it think they were, and I could hardly tell if I was holding onto the bars or not and had very limited throttle control. I will most likely try a pair of the TNA gloves this year after reading everyones suggestions.

W

will

Mar 16, 2008
Calgary
The various types of ski gloves (for cold and warm weather) I've had good results with are made by Black Diamond. You may spend upwards of $ 200 but if want to keep your hands warm it's worth it, they're not that bad for comfort either.

I have to agree, the light weight Klim gloves work well for warmer weather.

I've tried a number of other brand name sledding gloves with disapointment but, I never stop looking.

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
I wear Tillman Trufit from Oxarc they cost around $8.00 and last a couple seasons. I take two pair, they will get soaked on big powder days so I also have a big fluffy gloves that I hate.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
TNA, great glove and THE BEST service I have seen. PM me if you want to know why.

Have rode in MN from -20 to 20 plus and they worked great. Course 20 or higher and moto gloves work fine...easy to pack 3 or so pairs of those. And if you have warm temps but want try hands try the Fox Therma Paw moto glove.

I wore those all day working a hare scramble in the rain and mud(one guy put 100 pounds of mud on his bike so you get an idea of the conditions). Of the 30 some odd guys working the race(picking up bikes, pushing, etc) I was the only guy with dry hands after 8 hours. Plus they let the moisture out very well...I could see my hands steaming at times.

Premium Features