• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Major temperature fluctuations on 7S

E

Eatstone

Jan 23, 2021
East Kootenay
So my rides usually start with a 5-15 mile ride in to the back country. 22 Khaos 850 155 NA. I run the new scratchers and they’ve worked fantastic. Last 2 rides in with scratchers down on non hard pack it ran steady around 112. Once in the snow it’s sitting about 105 all day. The issue is it started cutting in and out which I noticed on long pulls. I looked down at the gauge and it’s flashing warning Cold Engine at 84, then it shoots up to 130’s then back down to low 90’s. keeps on bouncing. Restart doesn’t clear it. I haven’t noticed it on the trail but my rpm’s are way down running 30mph in and out.

I’ve checked the connections and everything seems positively engaged. It doesn’t show up on initial warm ups prior to loading on my deck.

I do have warranty remaining but my window to drop it off for inspection and parts is small with a lodge trip fast approaching.

Coolant sensor is what Google kind of shows.
Any thoughts from experience?

StuckDownHill

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2019
Sorry, I should have been more clear. My issue was just the jumper wire to the temp sensor. Not the temp sensor itself.

M
Jan 8, 2022
Sanford MI
So my rides usually start with a 5-15 mile ride in to the back country. 22 Khaos 850 155 NA. I run the new scratchers and they’ve worked fantastic. Last 2 rides in with scratchers down on non hard pack it ran steady around 112. Once in the snow it’s sitting about 105 all day. The issue is it started cutting in and out which I noticed on long pulls. I looked down at the gauge and it’s flashing warning Cold Engine at 84, then it shoots up to 130’s then back down to low 90’s. keeps on bouncing. Restart doesn’t clear it. I haven’t noticed it on the trail but my rpm’s are way down running 30mph in and out.

I’ve checked the connections and everything seems positively engaged. It doesn’t show up on initial warm ups prior to loading on my deck.

I do have warranty remaining but my window to drop it off for inspection and parts is small with a lodge trip fast approaching.

Coolant sensor is what Google kind of shows.
Any thoughts from experience?
Identical problem I had on a 2020 850 Axys when it was 3 years old, Temps fluctuated from 165 to cold engine light in several hundred feet -Put a new sensor on it and that cured it - A month later Polaris had a recall on those sensors.

E

Eatstone

Jan 23, 2021
East Kootenay
Thanks everyone for your help. I dropped to the dealer today and they can iron it out. My warranty deductible is less than the part and they won’t let me change myself.

IMG_2629.jpeg

Premium Features