• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best gloves?

jheitzman

Lifetime Membership
Jun 18, 2011
Milltown, SD
What are you guys running for gloves? I have a pair for the super cold but shelled out my lighter pair last season. They were the ski doo primaloft ones. Really liked them just wore out quickly. TIA

Josh

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I have a very different opinion than most on gloves. I even pitched my opinion to Klim, so we'll see what they do... Anyway, the current batch of mountain riding gloves is light insulation for feel with short to no cuff. That's just stupid. It's like walking into the front door of your house with muddy boots. You're supposed to go through the mud room first! Cuffs make a huge difference.

If you want the best gloves for mountain riding, try to find the lightest gloves with a big loose and long cuff. With no cuff, the first time you get stuck, your gloves will get wet. I told Klim if they make the Inversion with a big 'ol cuff, it will become a best seller.

My current go-to gloves are Polaris Adventure gloves. They're labeled as a trail riding glove, but they're fairly thin with a big cuff. And they stay dry all day and in all conditions. All of my short cuff gloves would be wet or frozen by mid-day.

S
Dec 14, 2009
Idaho
I have a very different opinion than most on gloves. I even pitched my opinion to Klim, so we'll see what they do... Anyway, the current batch of mountain riding gloves is light insulation for feel with short to no cuff. That's just stupid. It's like walking into the front door of your house with muddy boots. You're supposed to go through the mud room first! Cuffs make a huge difference.

If you want the best gloves for mountain riding, try to find the lightest gloves with a big loose and long cuff. With no cuff, the first time you get stuck, your gloves will get wet. I told Klim if they make the Inversion with a big 'ol cuff, it will become a best seller.

My current go-to gloves are Polaris Adventure gloves. They're labeled as a trail riding glove, but they're fairly thin with a big cuff. And they stay dry all day and in all conditions. All of my short cuff gloves would be wet or frozen by mid-day.
I agree, a lighter glove with a cuff would be the hot ticket. Fly has a title gauntlet out now which should be pretty close to what I want.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I like the 509 Backcountry gloves. Not super warm but good dexterity and they have the long gauntlet to keep snow out. I keep a pair of klim fusions for when it gets cold.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I like the short cuff, then I put the jacket sleeve around the glove and Velcro close it. Currently wearing the Klim guide glove. All leather and warmer than the powerxross. I also like the 509 free ride. I always swap gloves midday.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
For riding - Klim Powercross - every time.

I've tried the new Klim Guide gloves and found them too thick. I don't like the large cuffs and have never had an issue with snow intrusion using the shorter ones.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Short cuff with jacket over when playing ..long cuff is ok for ride in / out

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT

I just got a pair of what you are describing from Motorfist and am excited to try them! They are called the Valkyrie. They were on super sale last month, but now back to full price.

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
Lot of really good options and comes down to many variables for each rider. Just have multiple of whatever you choose. I like putting on a new pair mid-day and having an un-used third pair for the ride back to the truck.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I like the Klim Powercross and Fly Titles. They don't get wet unless its from sweat. I put my coat cuff over them. ( Luckily Klim actually puts long enough sleeves even for me(6'6") on their coats )

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I just got a pair of Klim PowerXcross gloves, and am pretty happy with them. I also have some Klim gauntlet gloves - can't remember the series, but similar to the Togwottee - and they're good for moving fast and colder days (although I could have used more a couple days). They're ok for any kind of riding, but really give you a butterfingers feeling compared to the Xcross. I also have some Inversions; I only wear them for spring conditions - too cold generally. The Xcross seems to be in the sweet spot: warm enough, and good grip and dexterity. For a typical day of riding (temps anywhere from 0 to 30s), I plan to bring the Xcross and gauntlets from now on.

Castforcash

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2016
TAG (True Adventure Gear) are by far my favorite I've ever owned. No cuff, but not an issue as I also just velcro my jacket tightly at the cuff. They stay dry, great dexterity and hold up well. Too bad they quit making them.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I have a set of TAG long cuff gloves that have held up very well. The year after I bought these, they came out with a dual layer insulated glove with more r-factor on the back. I was not able to pick up a pair before they quit making gloves. I second the ability to add a gauntlet on the sled for cold days.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
I loved my TAG gloves! Back in the day, they were tops. Gloves have progressed so much now that I only wear my short cuff, leather ones for spring riding.

Premium Features