• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Matrix - Minor annoyances/Tips and tricks

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
As for the air intake getting plugged up, I think a out of the hood filter/pod might be easy and clean to make. There is a trim piece above the pull cord, remove that and the turbo is almost directly below. Only thing it the sensor on the factory air box, would need to be moved. Putting the idea out here, mabe someone else has ideas.

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
PM me when you have it done!
I have a pre-order page for the new kit… I am anticipating the cost not changing for the current AXYS kit now, but I am not 100% sure until the final design and first build cycle is done… I am going to honor the current price for the AXYS kit in the pre-orders… the pre-order costs $0 but establishes the shipping order of the kits… when everything is complete on my end I will update the pre-order page and send out a invoice to the pre-order customers and you can either pay or say it’s not for me and will cost you nothing. Here is a link to the pre-order page…

Matrix Lightweight E-Start Pre-Order

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I have a pre-order page for the new kit… I am anticipating the cost not changing for the current AXYS kit now, but I am not 100% sure until the final design and first build cycle is done… I am going to honor the current price for the AXYS kit in the pre-orders… the pre-order costs $0 but establishes the shipping order of the kits… when everything is complete on my end I will update the pre-order page and send out a invoice to the pre-order customers and you can either pay or say it’s not for me and will cost you nothing. Here is a link to the pre-order page…

Matrix Lightweight E-Start Pre-Order
Looks good, Well done.

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
Some things that I have noticed that I need to address, but havent been home in 3 weeks to get a garage day. I have about 170 miles on the boost.

1. The brake light wire protector on the inside of the tunnel rattles when the sled is dry. Dont notice it after i get snow/ice on it while riding.
2. My pipe is hitting the bumper slightly. Must just be hitting while idling or when motor is torquing.
3, Pull cord is rubbing the rope guide and starting to fray. might try to drill it bigger and use a rubber grommet.
4. I added a skinz heated brake lever and on deep days the brake will freeze at the end of the day and the sled will flash "release park brake" while riding down the trail. I tried to clean the ice out and push the brake backwards, but no luck.
5. Very minimal room under the belt drive to clean ice out. Cant even fit a finger under there. Seems that a 5+ mile trail ride out melts any ice down there but i always check, old axys habit.
6. This is my dealers fault, not polaris, but something to check. Had the dealer install a skid plate since i wanted to ride it a few days following picking it up and they used stupid self tapping screws to hold the skid plate on. After a small run in with a small tree that was just under the surface all the screws fell out. Upon further inspection i find that on the center hole of the skid plate the dumbass that put the skid plate on drilled 4 holes with his self-tapper. Easy fix to install large head aluminum rivets.
7. Im going to rig up a tether for the key.
8. I havent found anywhere on the giant can to put a cooker. Could possibly go by the y pipe but requires taking the hood off.
9. Left side panel gets ice by the upper vent and rattles. Can usually knock most of it out with panel off.

Sounds like a lot of complaining, I freaking love this sled, so much fun!

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I just got my boost a couple weeks ago, and my pipe has 3/8" of clearance to the bumper.
My pull cord was also frayed in that rope guide. I just removed the guide, cut the rope at the frayed spot and tried a new knot.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Some things that I have noticed that I need to address, but havent been home in 3 weeks to get a garage day. I have about 170 miles on the boost.

1. The brake light wire protector on the inside of the tunnel rattles when the sled is dry. Dont notice it after i get snow/ice on it while riding.
2. My pipe is hitting the bumper slightly. Must just be hitting while idling or when motor is torquing.
3, Pull cord is rubbing the rope guide and starting to fray. might try to drill it bigger and use a rubber grommet.
4. I added a skinz heated brake lever and on deep days the brake will freeze at the end of the day and the sled will flash "release park brake" while riding down the trail. I tried to clean the ice out and push the brake backwards, but no luck.
5. Very minimal room under the belt drive to clean ice out. Cant even fit a finger under there. Seems that a 5+ mile trail ride out melts any ice down there but i always check, old axys habit.
6. This is my dealers fault, not polaris, but something to check. Had the dealer install a skid plate since i wanted to ride it a few days following picking it up and they used stupid self tapping screws to hold the skid plate on. After a small run in with a small tree that was just under the surface all the screws fell out. Upon further inspection i find that on the center hole of the skid plate the dumbass that put the skid plate on drilled 4 holes with his self-tapper. Easy fix to install large head aluminum rivets.
8. I havent found anywhere on the giant can to put a cooker. Could possibly go by the y pipe but requires taking the hood off.
9. Left side panel gets ice by the upper vent and rattles. Can usually knock most of it out with panel off.

My brake light was not fastened all the way. The screws holding the light were only screwed in 1/4 of the way.

A
Sep 14, 2009
I am new to Polaris, and electric start. That must have been what happened to me! Ruined my belt and ripped my battery strap. (130 kms on machine) easy riding. Not very impressed! Dealer wouldn’t cover it. Had to pay full price for a belt and strap. Is this normal?

487D1125-E75F-4C7C-87B3-6FE0C62FE737.jpeg 4160E2E8-6EDC-4FD8-AF51-195C317C9083.jpeg

A
Sep 14, 2009
I am new to Polaris, and electric start. That must have been what happened to me! Ruined my belt and ripped my battery strap. (130 kms on machine) easy riding. Not very impressed! Dealer wouldn’t cover it. Had to pay full price for a belt and strap. Is this normal?

Sorry was supposed to be a reply to sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Sorry was supposed to be a reply to sheetmetalfab
It’s a pathetic design and needs fixed by polaris.

I checked mine 3x through the day and crimping the D rings and curling the d ring attachment points made mine stay in place even with some hard hits.

2443805C-2776-4068-957A-5FE516ADF2EC.jpeg
End of day picture.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

I have found weed whacker line the best thing to make tethers for key, GPS etc. Use the aluminum cable crimp fittings to make loops at each end.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I took the heat shield off my buddy's boost. Only an 1/8 inch of clearance if it didn't move. You could push it easily into upper pulley and belt. Also shortened rubber strap and bent battery box holder away from belt to gain a little more clearance. Should be warrantied because it is a joke that polaris sent it out like that. I'm sure that is why mine is still at the factory. They are still trying to figure out how to get a little more clearance. Regular 850 matryx is fine

Premium Features