• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Matrix - Minor annoyances/Tips and tricks

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
How are those push darts holding the plastic where the key switch and tether is mounted?
(Towards the rear of the sled from your darts)

Is there a layer underneath that is connected to it?

There is the small plastic prong from the piece that has the switches and tether. You need to start with a smaller bit to get it to pierce the hidden tab behind as the larger bit just walks on the bottom piece. See this YouTube vid. It shows it clearly.

The tab that is hidden is not very large so drill with caution and favor the fuel cap side of the sled.
738ab087986964820188867e309771e1.jpg

69d46b42c08a8b6efbc88be3e15a6dad.jpg

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
Matryx Khaos 850 N/A- 1st ride out and the sensor in the pipe backed out, something to check on...

anyone else have issues getting the side panels to fit all the way? its like the foam on the inside of the panels isnt installed in the correct place. it pushes the panels back out.... maybe i'll just yank it all out

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Things I've noticed riding with and touching a few on the floor.

Check thr fuel pump plug above the left shock. It's the big flat connector with only a small single brown wire looped on the onr side. Had a new sled where thr connector wasn't fully latched and came loose out riding. Sled dies and took a hot second to figure this. I also ran into another new sled where it wasn't latched.

Foe the little switch/tether plastic piece. Seems like during assembly a lot of the locking rings below the gas cap didn't gdt tightened much. Snug that down and it helps a TON.

K
Mar 8, 2017
I wish I had your problems .. my friends are up to their chin in blower pow every day .. my boost aint here yet and my 21 khaos isn't rideable due to track ratcheting issues and i sat on my ass through the whole holidays !
If you have the 2.75 series 8 track there is a service bulletin out to get the updated 22 drivers. Just have to call your dealer and get it set up.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
@TheBreeze I've noticed many of the same things you mention on my NA (no slipping grips as of yet).

The electronic fuel gauge so far seems a little inconsistent and has me missing the old analog gas cap dial. Almost as annoying, the low fuel warning comes up quite early and blocks my temperature readout.. sucks riding the last hour without knowing engine temp! That's maybe not an issue with the 7S, I've got standard gauage.

Still love the sled though.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Someone should come up with a Matryx ancient style fuel gauge/cap, they'd likely sell a bunch. They worked, and most of us don't ride much in the dark. E-gauges are always a guess, doo is the worst.

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
Someone should come up with a Matryx ancient style fuel gauge/cap, they'd likely sell a bunch. They worked, and most of us don't ride much in the dark. E-gauges are always a guess, doo is the worst.
The tank bends back so far its impossible. A rattle siphon wont even fit in the matrix tank

K
Mar 8, 2017
@TheBreeze I've noticed many of the same things you mention on my NA (no slipping grips as of yet).

The electronic fuel gauge so far seems a little inconsistent and has me missing the old analog gas cap dial. Almost as annoying, the low fuel warning comes up quite early and blocks my temperature readout.. sucks riding the last hour without knowing engine temp! That's maybe not an issue with the 7S, I've got standard gauage.

Still love the sled though.
If you fill your sled up with it inclined, like on the ramp door of a trailer, you can get quite a bit more fuel in the tank. Helped with the annoying low fuel warning on my last ride.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
If you fill your sled up with it inclined, like on the ramp door of a trailer, you can get quite a bit more fuel in the tank. Helped with the annoying low fuel warning on my last ride.
I've found that you have to be really patient with the last gallon while filling the Matryx. Angle (backward) helps make the gas settle faster, but ultimately it just requires patience.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
To start, I am stoked to have a factory boost wagon, and know I am one of the lucky ones to have one on hand already. I love the sled! Here are the minor issues I have found thus far (have not gotten the sled in deep snow yet)

1. Not much room for belt changes compared to the Axys. Found the trick is to always start from the bottom of the secondary, weather installing or removing
2. Grips are spinning on the bars - Been a while since I had a new sled with the spinning grips! Need to try and remove, and add some grip glue.
3. Recoil handle buzzes on the plastic something fierce. Sounds like when I get radio static over the CB. Not sure how to address this one yet, but likely a simple fix
4. Secondary tool is not retained well. I replaced with a hitch pin, and put the secondary tool in my tool kit like a saw from another guy on youtube.
5. Plastic panel with the switches/tether mount sure is loose. I added some plastic push rivets like I saw from another guy on youtube.

Anyone else notice these same issues? Any of your own you would like to add, and how you fixed them?

Again.... I have not been lucky enough to have mine out in the deep snow, so I have not had a chance to really test of the other small issues others are seeing i.e. snow ingestion on the clutches/in the glove box.
I noticed my 19 recoil handle is backed with a rubber boot but buddies 2020 had no such boot. Maybe lost or maybe Polaris cut back? Might be an option for you?

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
Yeah it’s 1/8” away.

I had to tighten the rubber strap by crimping the D rings and bend the hooks it attaches too.
View attachment 382320
That is Tight!!! I will have a solution with 14lbs savings and way more clearance than that coming once my sled arrives and I can get the final design done! Sled has been "shipped" for 10 days now so hopefully it comes soon...

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
The tank bends back so far its impossible. A rattle siphon wont even fit in the matrix tank
Huh, so you're telling me that carrying a rattle siphon is now useless for the Matryx? I'm going to have to rethink my kit... maybe someone makes or will design a smaller diameter siphon that will fit through the twists and turns in this tank?

Premium Features