• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thinking about jumping ship

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
A yamaha will sidehill in deep snow! , just like a doo.

The deeper the snow, the shallower the angle becomes.

If u think ur skidoo is great at sidehilling, then it's perfect for u. If it does the steepest slopes u can handle, that's awesome.
Just don't be upset when a polaris does a steeper line than u feel comfortable with.

In all honesty, u could very easily take a level with u and measure slopes.

I did it a few times so that I have a better understanding of what the actual angles are, and im not just talking out my Azz like the rest of u.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Woah didn’t mean to hurt feelings, I have ridden a 22 boost pro in the exact same areas in very similar snow and it was surprisingly easy to me never being on a polaris before. Todays sleds are amazing factory turbos won’t disappoint. Proper tuning can get my 23 expert riding very similar but I love riding the thing wild style. And before you say ThAtS nOt TuRbO tErRaIn. This is 10k ft and I ride up to 13k ft. Na’s don’t keep up.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
The power delivery on the gen v turbo can not be matched by anyone else at this time. The Polaris will wash out on steep side hills as well. I have really enjoyed the doo this year pull rope add oil and ride. I cannot say this enough chassis setup is key on any sled to make it ride the way you want to. I was going to snowcheck a Polaris this year and have one of each but not anymore I will be doing a 154 doo in some configuration.

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
A yamaha will sidehill in deep snow! , just like a doo.

The deeper the snow, the shallower the angle becomes.

If u think ur skidoo is great at sidehilling, then it's perfect for u. If it does the steepest slopes u can handle, that's awesome.
Just don't be upset when a polaris does a steeper line than u feel comfortable with.

In all honesty, u could very easily take a level with u and measure slopes.

I did it a few times so that I have a better understanding of what the actual angles are, and im not just talking out my Azz like the rest of u.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I saw you that day. You were riding the super duper top secret 2024 arctic cat 600 with a transit & tripod strapped across the hood. You were sidehilling a 50* slope in the trees, one handed, sitting down with an 8' carpenters level in the other hand. It was absolutely incredible!!!:LOL:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I have a 23 expert turbo R 154 and a khaos boost 155 series 8. Have about 400 miles on each sled this season. The biggest differences for me between the summit expert and matryx khaos turbos imo…
1-the turbo R power delivery is better
2-the turbo R is much better on fuel
3- the 3” doo track is amazing
4-the matryx chassis is much better than the expert in super technical terrain.

Now, put a 3” Lynx track on the Polaris and clutch it correctly it’s a seriously wicked back country weapon. Supposed Polaris has a new 3” lug (maybe a 3.2” lug) 3.5” pitch track for the 24’ sleds.
You also have to consider the differences between to same brand sleds as well. The expert and summit x are very diffferent sleds like the khaos, pro and slash. The summit x and expert ride very differently. The t-motion summit x washes out easier by far than any of the sleds. The expert and matryx almost never wash out. Honestly if I had to pick one of the two sleds it would be a toss up.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Doo= better motor, hands down. I'd say it's the better all around sled.

Poo= chassis still sets the bar. It's more predictable and is the better sled in technical terrain.

Just gotta pick the sled that works best for how you ride. If you're into exploring steep tree covered stuff and drainages the Polaris might be the better fit.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Doo= better motor, hands down. I'd say it's the better all around sled.

Poo= chassis still sets the bar. It's more predictable and is the better sled in technical terrain.

Just gotta pick the sled that works best for how you ride. If you're into exploring steep tree covered stuff and drainages the Polaris might be the better fit.
When you get to a point that the terrain is so steep that it actually scares the crap out of you and the chassis is the deciding factor if you will make it or crash it, the Polaris is excellent. Having a little better running motor is nice but does not have the same value in these conditions. Sure if your motor ran so crappy that it got you in trouble I would understand, but mine runs good.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
When you get to a point that the terrain is so steep that it actually scares the crap out of you and the chassis is the deciding factor if you will make it or crash it, the Polaris is excellent. Having a little better running motor is nice but does not have the same value in these conditions. Sure if your motor ran so crappy that it got you in trouble I would understand, but mine runs good.
My Polaris is currently so crappy I would be in trouble ?

Reality is most guys don't ever ride that kind of terrain and will have more fun on the Doo.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Go to the Polaris forum for yourself and read the comments, Facebook groups and decide do you want a sled that has countless recalls, complaints or a sled you can enjoy and ride?

From the comments this post is getting from the Polaris guys in a doo forums only they can ride really deep technical terrain not surprised they can’t make a Doo work in that terrain but us Doo riders can… as a doo rider I can’t make a Polaris work in steep terrain either nor do I care to. The fact they think only a Polaris can be on steep slope is laughable. I suppose when your motors seize up, clutches disintegrate, fuel pumps die, brakes send you into limp mode you have to try and convince yourself why you bought that sled to begin with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Go to the Polaris forum for yourself and read the comments, Facebook groups and decide do you want a sled that has countless recalls, complaints or a sled you can enjoy and ride?

From the comments this post is getting from the Polaris guys in a doo forums only they can ride really deep technical terrain
emoji23.png
not surprised they can’t make a Doo work in that terrain but us Doo riders can… as a doo rider I can’t make a Polaris work in steep terrain either nor do I care to. The fact they think only a Polaris can be on steep slope is laughable. I suppose when your motors seize up, clutches disintegrate, fuel pumps die, brakes send you into limp mode you have to try and convince yourself why you bought that sled to begin with
emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
☝? A perfect example of a meadow muffin who is happy on the Doo.

You’re gonna be wishing you had a boggy Polaris when you grenade a chaincase in your favorite meadow ?

Premium Features