• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Theres a new Sherrif in town... Timbersled's new SnowBike Kit

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Here's a sneak peak :peep:... the official release will be in Jackson Hole for the Hillclimbs next week... two bikes... maybe demos... Looking good.

I'll try to get some better pics.:camera::face-icon-small-hap

NO other details yet.

IMGP1990.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
How well will it turn that track?

Stay in 1st or 2nd gear?
Turbo? :)

That looks like a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Thats a sweet setup I would love to bolt on to the 525 but I am betting I could buy a new hold over sled for what its going to cost. I hope I am wrong because that looks like a lot of fun.

RIDECATS

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2002
MN
I kinda think i want one. any idea of price on a complete one.

tim

Tim - that made me giggle!! I think I want one also. Yu wanna get a spare and let me use it?

....really how much?

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Here are some more pics.

More info to come very soon.

Fun factor on this unit is going to be high not only will you be able to keep up when you are with a group of reg sleds but you will be able to ride in places and take lines you never thought possible even in the deep powder but when spring time comes and snow levels get skimpy there is no need to hang it up just yet strap on a Timbersled all terrain wheel to the ski and ride to the snow.

PhantomCat

Phantom Goblin
Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2008
NW Montana
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....WICKED!!!!

Would like to ride one! What is the cost???

How are they for jumping??

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
How well will it turn that track?

Stay in 1st or 2nd gear?
Turbo? :)

That looks like a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!

This snowbike doesn't eat up HP like some of the others on the market...You could run this on a 250F... but the 450's definitely up the "fun factor"

Today, I watched Allen climb a peak normally reserved for turbo sled.

It turns the track just fine... 3rd gear is the gear of choice for most riding...on a YZ450F with only a slip on muffler and Power bomb pipe (stock front gear).

No turbo... but wouldn't that be a BLAST!!:face-icon-small-hap

This unit is completely different than anything else out there. Over 1000 miles on the test bike and only minor tweaks for the the production version.

More details and pricing, from what I understand, will be available at Jackson Hole next week. :clock::clock::clock::clock::face-icon-small-ton

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
Yeah, unfortunately I think those things will really become a problem causing us to lose more riding areas. Having the exhaust where it is and with some of the aftermarket pipes on those things they are obnoxiously loud and can be heard 3 valley's away. I think they look fun and I like the idea but the few times I've been around one I just couldn't believe how loud they were. Just my $.02

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Yeah, unfortunately I think those things will really become a problem causing us to lose more riding areas. Having the exhaust where it is and with some of the aftermarket pipes on those things they are obnoxiously loud and can be heard 3 valley's away. I think they look fun and I like the idea but the few times I've been around one I just couldn't believe how loud they were. Just my $.02

I would imagine that these would fall under the FS decibel limits for bikes....I could be wrong.

Plus I've hear some awfull loud turbos and mod sleds.....just saying.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Here is a quick helmet cam vid...

What you don't get from the vids is a feel for is the steepness of the terrain till you see the snowballs/sluff rolling down the hill.

The last two bikes in the vid are 450's with the 2-moto kits on them... The first two shown are Timbersled bikes.

If you have a dirtbike...and you live anywhere near the snow... why wouldn't you have one of these???

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Yes I think Allan has a Rekluse on that bike. I love my Rekluse in the rocky trails on my 450 but Allan also said with this setup there is no need to drop the hammer down and slip the clutch like others in the deep stuff it just takes off even without the help of the Rekluse.

Any more Vids MH???

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Nice

Damn, I sold my CRF 450 two years ago to buy the TNytro which I just sold also. Wish I still had the bike now, that setup looks sweet...

Premium Features