• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Starting to see how it feels....

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Snow is poor I would think twice before I hauled that price of crap a 1000 miles just gonna make you even more pissy

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Powder Deficit Disorder (PDD) - symptoms = incessant whining and crying about rumors and suspicion, about a sled you have sat on but not ridden, fueled by or contributed to by other posers whining and worrying about whether they bought the right "new thing" last year....

Cure...intake of Carbon based fuel exhausts, mixed with equal parts frozen/crystallized water in large doses (greater than 36")

We need snow!!!!!

Last edited:
L
Dec 13, 2008
comming to your rescue

Sorry guys i should have been a bit more specific. Yes the internet rumors do bother me, the loose jackshaft and air bubbles and all that, but I've already found things wrong on my sled. The lower intake frogzskins peeling from the factory, almost no chaincase oil oil in the sled, loose nut on the clutch fan, my bumper creaks loudly when i pick up on it, putting gas in the little filler neck thats too close to the steering post with a 5 gallon pos new epa friendly gas jug is a 2 man job, and pouring oil in is fun too... I knew i was going to get flamed for this post, but about everyone else is b1tchin so i thought it was my turn :face-icon-small-win.

well ill tell you what ill do. ill take this piece of c--p of your hands at a reduced price of course. with all the major problams your running into, how does $6,195.00 sound but thats only if you dont ride it.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Come ride, and you'll forget about the "issues"

I'm serious about the A arms though. (or call Alpine in Kremmling, or Power world in granby to see if they've got any in stock)

When you break something it's gonna suck to not have spares.(and you can't have ours!!!):bolt:

If only the 38" were here so i would have some spares! Ill do some checking in the morning to see what i can find.

bunker86

Premium Member
Jan 27, 2008
Arlington, South Dakota
Had my HCR 800 out in the Horns this last weekend, went out with 0 miles came home with about 110, not one single issue besides me dinging up the left side panel, sled flat out rips and I couldn't be happier with my decision, I did ride with 1-'11 Pro and 2- '12 Pro's and yea that pro is sweet but I'm happy I gave the new cat a chance!

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I am now starting to know how polaris 900 owners felt, except not to that extent. Cat you really dropped the ball on these sleds, All these idiotic issues caused by laziness, lack of testing, some window lickers in the production lines, poor design, and a few dealers not doing their jobs. Im going on my first ride in Walden, Co this weekend and I'm not worried if, I'm worried about which of the pro climb issues is going to show up on my sled. This should not be a problem on $12k sled! I am a die hard cat fan and can't believe I'm admitting this, but I think i should have bought a pro :face-icon-small-dis

I sorta feel the same way, except that I absoutely love my sled.

All of the issues you have run into, and that I have run into are not ride stopping problems, hell, I've already put 40 miles on mine. I had a loose screw, a crossed screw, crappy fitting hood, initially screwy reverse, and a poorly fitting crankcase breather tube elbow. I've managed to fix them all myself so far by tightening the screw, retapping the screw hole, spending two hours screwing around with the hood, being patient with the reverse, and replacing the elbow with one from Menards that I wrapped one side with electrical tape before using.

These things I ran into aren't internet rumors, they are actual things I had to deal with.

I've heard nothing from the dealer or from Arctic Cat about any of these issues, which is probably the most angering part. As far as I can tell, the factory isn't interested in addressing these problems. I'm sure they probably are, but I have nothing that would tell me that.

Oh, that reminds me, I still have a coolant hose near the clutch that has a bolt digging into the side of it a good 1cm that I need to deal with.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I sorta feel the same way, except that I absoutely love my sled.

All of the issues you have run into, and that I have run into are not ride stopping problems, hell, I've already put 40 miles on mine. I had a loose screw, a crossed screw, crappy fitting hood, initially screwy reverse, and a poorly fitting crankcase breather tube elbow. I've managed to fix them all myself so far by tightening the screw, retapping the screw hole, spending two hours screwing around with the hood, being patient with the reverse, and replacing the elbow with one from Menards that I wrapped one side with electrical tape before using.

These things I ran into aren't internet rumors, they are actual things I had to deal with.

I've heard nothing from the dealer or from Arctic Cat about any of these issues, which is probably the most angering part. As far as I can tell, the factory isn't interested in addressing these problems. I'm sure they probably are, but I have nothing that would tell me that.

Oh, that reminds me, I still have a coolant hose near the clutch that has a bolt digging into the side of it a good 1cm that I need to deal with.

See this is what is bugging me the most! All of the little stuff that should not be there!

B
Nov 11, 2009
Canada
Some people on here need to give their head a shake.

When you buy a brand new sled, the first thing to do is check over the PDI stuff that the dealer did and check the rest of the sled over. I agree that it should be put together properly by the dealer, but ultimately it's YOUR sled and YOU are the one that will be left on the trial when something happens. Do you really want to rely on someone else for that?

Second thing is to mix the first tank of oil. This is pretty standard procedure, and always has been. If you didn't do this, and blow up the sled, it's unacceptable. Anyone who has any sled experience should know this.

As far as belts, I can understand maybe having belt issues for the first run. Pulling in powder? Sure, can be a problem. BUT, if you pop a belt in 50 miles, then deal with the problem instead of going through multiple belts like an idiot. Apply vents where necessary. Align the clutches. Pull them apart and check for proper operation. There's no magic behind this. Clutches do not eat belts in less than 100 miles unless you have an underlying issue that needs to be dealt with.

It laughable that people are so quick to blame a new model for these problems. Everything listed above are not brand specific issues, and they're certainly not problems that just popped up in 2012.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Some people on here need to give their head a shake.

When you buy a brand new sled, the first thing to do is check over the PDI stuff that the dealer did and check the rest of the sled over. I agree that it should be put together properly by the dealer, but ultimately it's YOUR sled and YOU are the one that will be left on the trial when something happens. Do you really want to rely on someone else for that?

Second thing is to mix the first tank of oil. This is pretty standard procedure, and always has been. If you didn't do this, and blow up the sled, it's unacceptable. Anyone who has any sled experience should know this.

As far as belts, I can understand maybe having belt issues for the first run. Pulling in powder? Sure, can be a problem. BUT, if you pop a belt in 50 miles, then deal with the problem instead of going through multiple belts like an idiot. Apply vents where necessary. Align the clutches. Pull them apart and check for proper operation. There's no magic behind this. Clutches do not eat belts in less than 100 miles unless you have an underlying issue that needs to be dealt with.

It laughable that people are so quick to blame a new model for these problems. Everything listed above are not brand specific issues, and they're certainly not problems that just popped up in 2012.

Your right in saying we need to do the PDI stuff, but we damm sure shouldn't have to. I sure as hell don't when i get a new vehicle! I agree with everything else, i mixed up my gas and filled her up tonight. Mixed it 80:1 just to be safe.

F

FrostBite2010

Jan 9, 2010
Haines, Alaska
See this is what is bugging me the most! All of the little stuff that should not be there!

It doesn't matter which brand you buy, they are all going to have minor issues, loose bolts, etc. The front suspension on my 2010 would have surely fallen off if I wouldn't have checked it, and I have a great dealer.

You can have the best dealer in the country no matter what brand you should still go through your sled and check it. I'm not saying that it's right, but thats the way it is. Especially on a first year chassis.

I'm sure once you get to ride it in some powder, you will forget all the blown out of proportion posts on this site and be very happy with your purchase.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Your right in saying we need to do the PDI stuff, but we damm sure shouldn't have to. I sure as hell don't when i get a new vehicle! I agree with everything else, i mixed up my gas and filled her up tonight. Mixed it 80:1 just to be safe.

Your taking this machine out in the back country, I will always do my own ADI, I want to KNOW it is ready not trust the 16 year old sled washer at the dealership, the dealer ship cant afford a Mechanic as good as me:face-icon-small-win

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
I tell ya what, ur proclimb is going to let u down and cause grief. So l relieve u of your burden, give you $5000 for it to compensate you for your hormonal, hypocontriac emotions. Lol Im sure your first ride will be fine. Ride it like a polaris 900.............

Premium Features