• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Starting to see how it feels....

K
Nov 26, 2007
colorado
I am now starting to know how polaris 900 owners felt, except not to that extent. Cat you really dropped the ball on these sleds, All these idiotic issues caused by laziness, lack of testing, some window lickers in the production lines, poor design, and a few dealers not doing their jobs. Im going on my first ride in Walden, Co this weekend and I'm not worried if, I'm worried about which of the pro climb issues is going to show up on my sled. This should not be a problem on $12k sled! I am a die hard cat fan and can't believe I'm admitting this, but I think i should have bought a pro :face-icon-small-dis

Don't call the helicopter just yet .lol(see other post) RIDE IT!!!

Last edited:
L
Dec 13, 2008
still trying to make it possible for you to own a poo or doo

I tell ya what, ur proclimb is going to let u down and cause grief. So l relieve u of your burden, give you $5000 for it to compensate you for your hormonal, hypocontriac emotions. Lol Im sure your first ride will be fine. Ride it like a polaris 900.............

I allready offerd him $6,195.00 for this broken down sled if he dont ride it.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Your reading a forum that people commonly use for solving issues.

That's like reading a book labeled 100 reasons being single is better then married, then going back to your wife and trying to be happy lol

Serious my brand new truck went through 3 trannys but my buddy's same truck hasn't had an issue. Its the nature of the game! You read too much into things and you'll drive yourself nuts!!

Anything mass produced will have random flaws and failures. Only issue mine has is the clutches, its at the dealer now and when I get it back it will just be tuning it lightening it up and dialing it in for my riding.

Get on that thing and ride it like you stole it... man were lucky we even get a warranty on these things two stroke dirtbikes come with zero warranty!

-Aksnopro

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I sorta feel the same way, except that I absoutely love my sled.

All of the issues you have run into, and that I have run into are not ride stopping problems, hell, I've already put 40 miles on mine. I had a loose screw, a crossed screw, crappy fitting hood, initially screwy reverse, and a poorly fitting crankcase breather tube elbow. I've managed to fix them all myself so far by tightening the screw, retapping the screw hole, spending two hours screwing around with the hood, being patient with the reverse, and replacing the elbow with one from Menards that I wrapped one side with electrical tape before using.

These things I ran into aren't internet rumors, they are actual things I had to deal with.

I've heard nothing from the dealer or from Arctic Cat about any of these issues, which is probably the most angering part. As far as I can tell, the factory isn't interested in addressing these problems. I'm sure they probably are, but I have nothing that would tell me that.

Oh, that reminds me, I still have a coolant hose near the clutch that has a bolt digging into the side of it a good 1cm that I need to deal with.

This is a brand new chassis and minor fitment issues and clearance problems are to be expected. Every person on this planet knows that a brand new, first time production vehicle has to shack the bugs out on the first season.

As far as Cat not caring; I would have to say that they are more focused on trying to meet requirements and demand than updates and upgrades. They will come. But heck, I was changing stuff, fixing parts and tightening bolts on my Brand new "5 year old" chassis too. Some of this is nothing new, and is the number one reason you need to make sure for you self that your sled is RTR.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I tell ya what, ur proclimb is going to let u down and cause grief. So l relieve u of your burden, give you $5000 for it to compensate you for your hormonal, hypocontriac emotions. Lol Im sure your first ride will be fine. Ride it like a polaris 900.............

You mean ride it in a few miles, turn it off and sit and wait for your buddies to tow you out? :tea:

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
I thought I went to a really good dealer. Ive bought all of my new cat vehicles from Country Cat and they have got the dealer of the year award 2 of the last 3 years along with many other awards, but turns out they had some 17 year old that was too busy picking his *** than to set my sled up right. Then when i called about the issues Dan in service didn't know how this could possibly be true and wasn't too quick to believe me. Thankfully Travis is a hell of a guy and made everything right. Shouldn't have had to do that though, i think i will be ordering from a dealer that knows what they're doing next time and sets the sled up properly. Be a good excuse for a road trip out west.

I had a few issues myself with a otherwise great dealer. I am blamming it on the little hoodlums they have working there. I wish they would not let them touch the new sleds. They are barley qualified to push brooms and they are setting up my 14000 doller sled. I am getting a new side pannnel due to a mistery crack in it. And the motor oil was not even showing in the sight gauge. Lots of loose bolts and looks as if they forced the hood and side pannels into place. They were not lined up correctly when I picked it up. With all that being said..I contruibuted to the problem by wanting my sled as soon as I found out it was in....But I am not sure it would have went differnt if I would have waited....Just my two cents.

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
OH YEA.......AND WHERE IS MY SPARE BELT....WTF is up with that...Can't tell me the problems in Japan contributed to them not have any belts available. They are damn lucky there is a lack of snow out there or there might be some real problems.

C
Dec 9, 2010
Black Hills
I thought I went to a really good dealer. Ive bought all of my new cat vehicles from Country Cat and they have got the dealer of the year award 2 of the last 3 years along with many other awards, but turns out they had some 17 year old that was too busy picking his *** than to set my sled up right. Then when i called about the issues Dan in service didn't know how this could possibly be true and wasn't too quick to believe me. Thankfully Travis is a hell of a guy and made everything right. Shouldn't have had to do that though, i think i will be ordering from a dealer that knows what they're doing next time and sets the sled up properly. Be a good excuse for a road trip out west.

That is a common problem with the dealers that whore stuff out on the internet for far less than MSRP. They try to make a profit by going skinny on each deal but doing lots of deals. I would rather go to a dealer that sells 5-10 M8s a year than a dealer that sells 5-10 M8's a week any day. This isn't Sams Club their snowmobiles. When a dealer only makes 8% on selling a sled at MSRP and 30% selling parts at MSRP and then you go "I want you to beat the best price of all the whores that are on the internet" where do you think the dealer has left to cut corners? On the set up and service.

Moral of the story, don't bitch about paying MSRP. There is a reason that that price is Suggested. Everyone comes out with a Win/win senario at those prices. Country Cat is just another whore.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Ahhhh, you are the one redoing the whole sled because everything is not right and you are getting on his case. I think everyone should ride these sleds for a while before trying to change everything on the sled. Maybe we just need to learn how to ride the sled a little different to make it work instead of changing the whole sled to the way you think it should work.

Wyoboy......boom roasted

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
That is a common problem with the dealers that whore stuff out on the internet for far less than MSRP. They try to make a profit by going skinny on each deal but doing lots of deals. I would rather go to a dealer that sells 5-10 M8s a year than a dealer that sells 5-10 M8's a week any day. This isn't Sams Club their snowmobiles. When a dealer only makes 8% on selling a sled at MSRP and 30% selling parts at MSRP and then you go "I want you to beat the best price of all the whores that are on the internet" where do you think the dealer has left to cut corners? On the set up and service.

Moral of the story, don't bitch about paying MSRP. There is a reason that that price is Suggested. Everyone comes out with a Win/win senario at those prices. Country Cat is just another whore.

I paid more for this sled than quite a few others did. Ended up being like 13,200 w/ taxes out the door. I shouldn't have even brought them into this because they have been very good to me, but denim dan and the dips hit putting sleds together pissed me off.

I have effectively given us something to talk about. Its making saturday come that much faster! :face-icon-small-coo It sure is easy to get you guys riled up! :face-icon-small-win

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA

that's ridiculous. So you think because some slick salesmen took more of your money, that they automatically are going to do a better setup job!? Please. Let's just be honest guys, toy dealerships DO NOT make much money, especially on selling bikes, sleds, etc. They make it on service and on parts. And lets be really honest, i bet less than 1% of dealers have a decent mechanic that works in their shop. If you were a good wrench, why would you work at sled dealership making $20/hr when you could work down the street at Audi/BMW/Merc/Etc and make $35/hr? I know which i would do! Make more money and then buy my own damn toys to ride instead of wishing i owned them.

So, here's the real answer. get the best deal you can on your sled, set it up yourself, and get your parts and service done at the best dealer for service/parts. If you can ride a sled, you better be able to fix it yourself, or have a ton of money and patience for someone half wrench to do it twice! :face-icon-small-win

NOW - there are good dealers out there, but they are FEW and far between. I know of one, and the rarely make deals on sleds - so i buy 'em somewhere that will.

The reason their isn't many great dealerships is because you just can't make enough money doing it to not cut corners. Our sport just ain't big enough and the volume just isn't there. Too bad, but i'll take it the way it is and do the work myself to insure top sled performance.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
, i bet less than 1% of dealers have a decent mechanic that works in their shop.

Its cool that in po dunk WY I have the top 1% of dealers and mechanics. I could have got a sled shipped to my door for $400 less and thats the best deal I could find. On first year model it would have been worth even more to know everything was done right and then some. If they find a flaw they fix or correct it on all sleds no matter if its just a one time thing.

Bid. $6,295.99

superfly333

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
MN
OH YEA.......AND WHERE IS MY SPARE BELT....WTF is up with that...Can't tell me the problems in Japan contributed to them not have any belts available. They are damn lucky there is a lack of snow out there or there might be some real problems.

I know what you mean, we have 120 on order and Cat is not saying much, not sure if it was something in engineering or what happend. I talked to them today and they are in transit to Ohio. The date I was told is 12/16 but I dont believe it until they are at my door. The Turbo ones are on the fence more than the 800's.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Found another thing today. Check your brake line. The outer coating on mine is split open for about an inch and a half. This was around the boot along the steering post....

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Found another thing today. Check your brake line. The outer coating on mine is split open for about an inch and a half. This was around the boot along the steering post....

...thats so moisture from condensation can/will drain out...should only be an 1 7/16"...better take it back...;)

Ace

Premium Features