• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RAISING OUR LICENSE FEE'S, I'M AT THE BUDGET MEETING

STAFFORDIRT

Premium Member
Jan 3, 2009
Enumclaw,Wa
Really?

Ya know not everyone owns a car dealer or makes a million. I think it should go off your yearly tax return as to how much to raise it.alot of peeps believe it or not are not riding new cats or pros I see alot of enticers and bravo's at blewitt. I've got a friend with a cabin and six old sleds that they license every year and they are retired on a fixed income they only do it for the grandkids.there goes next generation of sledders. but heh I guess only rich people should have sleds right.the only question is how much are u really wanting to spend?then just donate it I would if I could but like the state im low on funds maybe ill just sit the season out.and be sure not to buy my next car from a certain car dealer .because I can go somewere else where the salesman is not trying to get me to pay for his tabs with my car payment.can't people see everyone is broke.just raise it to 150.00 a sled.I can go to idaho a buy a year tag cheaper now that's funny cheaper to ride out of state.believe id move out of here if I could the sleddinin wa compared to montana sucks the big question what's the cap on what it takes were like obama just keep thowing money at it

Wow- We dont really need to be bashing the guy who is spending a ton of time to promote our sport riding areas etc. Throwing blows about a guys business is BS. If you cannot afford it, well you are a big boy, and maybe you can get out of the sport we dont need guys biting the hand that feeds them.

Dan, dont listen to this clown, I appreciate your willingness and dedication to our sport. Wish more of us would do what you do. Thanks for your hard work, much appreciated.

Aaron

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Harf 69...You are totally out of line..first red I've ever given out. If you and the others in this thread only had a clue about what people like Dan have done behind the scenes on their own time for our sport...

It's funny how the people running their mouths the loudest about this are the same people that don't give to SAWS, WSSA, don't attend meetings that threaten to close down areas, or appreciate those that donate their spare time to help out ALL RIDERS!!!

I wish you guys were as passionate about the current wilderness designation proposal/fight we have on our hands as you are about a little more money to register your sleds.

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
Please don't take this out of the issue at hand, I donate to and belong to both SAWS and WSSA. I would have love to attend the current meetings at hand regarding the recomended wilderness lands but have prior commitments. I also make sure to include valid comments during any and all periods by Email, phone and in person when feasable. Land use is another issue all together.

There was no need to take personal shots but he made some good points IMO. Some ofus disagree with increasing the tabs based on grooming... do it to open areas or to prevent closure and I'd agree with that. It should not matter why, it's our opinion on the matter.

We go to oregon or idaho and we are expected to pay there tabs, but not the other way around. Our parking permits were honored in ID this year but not registration.... with the level of grooming we seen over there I would suport an increase. We passed the groomer Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on our way out. We need to start charging the out of staters like we get charged.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
There is a lot of good points on here about were the money should be going. I would agree with a lot of you if the registration fees and sno park permits have kept up with the cost of operating the grooming / plowing system.

With increased operating costs and reduction in registration numbers, it requires increased funds to maintain the current levels.

Of the people complaining about poor conditions in there areas, do you guys belong to any local clubs?

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
Never heard of or seen a club in the area we ride in years. Last time I seen any activity up there was a year end cleanup at the Ore creek park... that we supported and attended the clean up. It's hard to be involved in a club when your 100 plus miles away from most riding areas. I also don't see clubs riding in the fashion that I enjoy, maybe there are some out there but clubs are not always a good fit for the individual.

But yes they would be a good way to stay involved in the matters and to increase the weight of complaints about access issues.

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
anyone who thnks I'm a rich car dealer needs to look a little harder at the economy,

Dang, harf69, dont know what to say other than I havent bought a new sled in 4 years, my business is hanging on by a thread, Literaly, I'm trying to keep jobs for 50 + employees,, been in business for 36 years and the last 2 years have been the worst ever, I'm no millionare by any means, But I have been riding for over 35 years and care very deeply for this sport. It' s obivous you have no idea what goes on in our state to keep this sport alive and well. Thats ok, you can vent and rave because you have no clew, and probably dont care, you just like to ride, I guess thats your choice, it's a free country. I for one dont want to pay more either, but the facts are we have no choice, not sure what my business has to do with any of this and why you wouldnt buy a car from us because I was at the funding meeting giving everyone the facts. I just like to help out where ever I can, I've saved a lot of people some "hard earned" money over the years and believe every one deserves a deal. Not trying to sell you anything, just give you the facts.

Last edited:

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I spend $20 in 2 days for lunch. wasn't gas under $2 when the tabs went up last time? diesel has doubled in price. the money is not just for grooming it is to plow the roads also. I have been in support of raising the tabs for the last 5 yrs. some people don't look at the big picture, if they can't plow the roads to get to the areas they close the areas

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I believe you will see a decline in tabs.please feel free to bash me all you want

Last edited:

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
Well, that was a sincere apology...NOT! You apologize, then continue to bash/degrade what the man does for a living?

Why don't you stick to the issue at hand and leave the mans occupation out of it.

I'm a plumbing contractor, if I had posted instead of Dan, would you be bashing plumbers then?

I think that is the longest sentence I have ever read on SnoWest. :p

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
You know what dan you are right I apolagize respectfully.this is just my opinion it really is I sold cars at huling Bros for 3years in 1994 I understand the buisnuss.when I sold a tahoe at second sticker after pack it was 14k over cost I made over 4000.00 and got the option to take the week off.point being this is how I feel and I want to repeat this this is how I feel I feel like they sent a car salesman to sell us on this tab hike.I do apolagize about anything I said about u or your dealership that was wrong of me.but what people fail to understand was that this has been promised before my dads 80 been riding since 68 and when they started the tab proposal the money would stay sepperate well they figured out a way around it so to believe it wont happen again is naive at say the least im sorry your asking me to believe the goverment sorry not happening.my biggest problem is I feel that the state is coming after more money because the 5.0 state park tax failed so they are looking at a different angle and just like state agency they will fail I really believe less peeps will license this year and gamble on getting cought and so it will go up next year on your dollar I don't know what the right anwser is but I know throwing money at probably is not.there again this is one mans opinion.but with all due respect to dan I am sorry for getting personal I own three sleds and what ill do this year is just let my wife and son take turns instead of licenseing both they only ride a few times a year.I ride a boosted sled and I really can't afford it its a great sled but its a turbo and I've got to cut corners somewhere I must be the only one the econemy affected.I jeep I ride dirt bikes I sled I hunt I fish and every agency has there hand in my pocket all of them

sounds like you are in over your head, get a job or sell your toys

I will back up Dan 100% on this. when we started running out of money for plowing I went to a groomers meeting and was informed by Dan, clem and the lady that was in charge of this stuff could not and would not raise the tabs because they could not guarantee that our lovely governer would not take money from us. So if Dan is on here saying it needs done and this is what we need to do, then its a no brainer. Hell if I see sleds that are unregistered I will be the first person to point it out to the rangers or the sherriff. Everybody wants to ride, everybody wants to have plowed roads and groomed roads but $16.50 to be excact on the raise of the tabs is going to kill you. If your budgets are this tight then snowmobing should be your favorite pastime and give it up. the fact is this is not a poor mans sport and Harley if you broke your sled I know you would find a way to buy the part. I know I do so I think complaining about the little bit of money it is going up should not be an issue.

I just got the things in the mail for my tabs they are still $33.50 so you can ride for one more season.

Last edited:
S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
If

And i say if the money was distributed evenly i would go for it no problem. The money is not the issue here. Paying money and having Creagon Excavating plow for a couple weeks then say he's out of money is bs when i go north and it's still going strong. This is the south side of helens .

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
And i say if the money was distributed evenly i would go for it no problem. The money is not the issue here. Paying money and having Creagon Excavating plow for a couple weeks then say he's out of money is bs when i go north and it's still going strong. This is the south side of helens .

do they have groomer meetings for that area? they do for all of them up here. I think that Dan is informed on this I am sure he is going to bring it up and knowing him he will get this issue figured out.

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
?

i'm not exactly sure how it works , different groomer and plowing . The problem is the road maintenance not the grooming entirely. The groomer dude is elderly and really does'nt do the quality i see other places , but he does his job . The problem is creagon ! It's a bummer i have to travel at least 6 hours a day to go north when gods country is an hour away. Thats the only problem i have with paying extra hell i don't want pay at all as is is now, sorry it's the truth . But really would pay top dollar for an honest deal.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
i'm not exactly sure how it works , different groomer and plowing . The problem is the road maintenance not the grooming entirely. The groomer dude is elderly and really does'nt do the quality i see other places , but he does his job . The problem is creagon ! It's a bummer i have to travel at least 6 hours a day to go north when gods country is an hour away. Thats the only problem i have with paying extra hell i don't want pay at all as is is now, sorry it's the truth . But really would pay top dollar for an honest deal.

I totally agree with you. hopefully Dan can answer your question. I am sure the money will go to plowing also since that is where the short fall is.

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
I rode for years with no snow parks or grooming and we had no suspension. I also raced cross-country over whoops so big those old sleds would get stuck in the bottom of them and you would have to stand up so you wouldn't get run over. I'll pay whatever it takes to ride and I'm in a minority but I don't need grooming or snow parks. When I do get on a whooped out trail I like finding the best line and seeing how many bumps I can clear. I know there wouldn't be anywhere to park in many areas without snow parks but it seems like when the grooming and plowing started the MAN started hassling us and it hasn't stopped.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Ya know not everyone owns a car dealer or makes a million. I think it should go off your yearly tax return as to how much to raise it.alot of peeps believe it or not are not riding new cats or pros I see alot of enticers and bravo's at blewitt. I've got a friend with a cabin and six old sleds that they license every year and they are retired on a fixed income they only do it for the grandkids.there goes next generation of sledders. but heh I guess only rich people should have sleds right.the only question is how much are u really wanting to spend?then just donate it I would if I could but like the state im low on funds maybe ill just sit the season out.and be sure not to buy my next car from a certain car dealer .because I can go somewere else where the salesman is not trying to get me to pay for his tabs with my car payment.can't people see everyone is broke.just raise it to 150.00 a sled.I can go to idaho a buy a year tag cheaper now that's funny cheaper to ride out of state.believe id move out of here if I could the sleddinin wa compared to montana sucks the big question what's the cap on what it takes were like obama just keep thowing money at it

You are a D-BAG. Dan has done an incredible amount of work to better the sport of snowmobiling in Washington.

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
It's sure obvious to me that folks are passionate about this subject. I too hate paying money with no assurance that it will go where it is supposed to go, however, it seems to me that is exactly what is being wrestled with now.
Refusing to register your sled is the equivalent of "I'm taking my ball and going home!". Fine carry your ***. Don't let me catch you on the trail/snopark . . .
I have been to a ton of meetings, donated money, registered sleds I don't ride and volunteered a ton of hours for the same reason that I would stop and help dig out a stuck fellow rider, or pour my gas into his sled, or offer him my lunch, for the same reason that I will try and nicely let someone know that parking a dozen sleds across the intersection of two groomed trails is bad, for the same reason I try to inform folks that stomping a beercan down into the snow isn't responsible and for the same reason that I would in a flash call in the license plate of a truck with no snopark permit/unregistered sled . . . because I love this sport. I want to see it florish, not be run into the ground by a bunch of people with the attitude that the sport owes them something. Wrong.
We are the stewards of our sport. We are the face people see, read about. We owe the sport our best, our support, our stewardship.
Bashing each other won't help. Not paying our own way won't help.
Crap if all the whiners would join in the chorus we would be a hell of a lot louder making our point, instead of just making noise.
Dan, please keep digging, there are many people who appreciate what you do! (but I'm still not driving a chev!:face-icon-small-coo)
Let's all just try and hang on till snow, ok?

Bag

Premium Features