• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RAISING OUR LICENSE FEE'S, I'M AT THE BUDGET MEETING

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Just goes to show what these "I never see grooming so end it guys know." They obviously never spring ride because if they had, they'd know how much the grooming really does help. Go ride some of these areas on April 7th or beyond and then tell me you don't want it!!!

One particular area I ride, I will run into the groomer (beautiful machine and very $$$) heading up every Saturday night like clockwork around 6-7 pm.

I just hope the people complaining about this come through with there threats and stay home next year. Consider for one minute 252 rigs parked between French Cabin and Salmon La Sac on a March bluebird Saturday (FACT) tears up the best groomed trails fast, especially in our climate. Our area's trails get boogered up quicker than anywhere else I have ridden.

One other point...you guys complaining about this IMO are showing complete disrespect to the countless people that donate their time for these types of behind the scenes actions that betters our sport. In a time when we are being threatened to lose more area, there should be no divide amonst us.

Thank you to all of you that put in your time for our sport.

Doesn't matter to me...Xspenziv will be buying my tabs and fuel anyway.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Let me also add...I've also noticed that the grooming has gotten much better and happens more often over the past few years. Thank you.

Minten

Lifetime Membership
Nov 6, 2010
Bozeman, Montana
You know being my first season in the mountains the Grooming is very important. I called my season early about 2 weeks after the grooming stopped. I could not physically take it.

And if you make your own money and have a job (at least minimum wage) then you shouldn't have to complain about $20. I can't legally have a job and am more than happy to pay up to $75 to make our trails and parks open. There is no reason to complain.

If you never ride trails then why should you complain that that you need to register anyways? then you shouldn't worry and go unregistered. Shouldn't be a problem. If you don't have to ride a trail then there shouldn't be anyone around to catch you.

All season I was stopped twice to check for proper licensing. I think that if you aren't licensed then 1) your cheep and 2) that you deserve a fine. not a cheep one either.

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
D

DirtBoss

Mar 8, 2006
Lake Tapps, WA
Go ride some of these areas on April 7th or beyond and then tell me you don't want it!!!

So true!
Grooming may not always be perfect but it keeps the trails bearable especially when heading to the trailer after a hard days ride.
No problem paying up here and thanks again Dan for all you do for this sport that keeps us sane during Washington's winters.

Tampico

Premium Member
Aug 20, 2008
Tampico, WA
First off, I was also at the meeting with JJ, and I appreciate his taking the time to attend and be a voice for our sport. Remember, our grooming dollars lag the actual year in which the money was raised. There are also instances in low snow years where some money can carry over. With last years stupendous snowfall (ie extra grooming and plowing), we are no longer in that situation.

A couple of points-
"I have three rigs that need the new discover pass 90 bucks extra a year"; this is a totally separate issue for most people that don't ride on DNR lands. You will need a Discover Pass for DNR lands this winter using DNR snowparks. Prior to the Discover Pass, the Yakima Ski-Benders had to raise funds the previous 2 years to keep our DNR lands open for winter recreation. I spent alot more than $90!

"As for our contractors who plow and groom, well they have very specific equipment for this work, and believe me they dont make much money doing this. If 20% of their work dissappears they will have a hard time making it worth while. So pay your registrations people." This is a much bigger point in the future. Alot of these contracts are coming up in the next couple of years.

-The price of used groomers has gone up substantially in the last 5 years. Add in the price of fuel, and I can't see these guys upping for the rates they groom at now.

-If you cut your revenue 19%, why continue to groom? The state can not force somebody to do the job if no one bids on it. Why spend 65k+ for used piece of machinery on a job that is getting cut back every year and is dependent on the weather to get paid, ie :sun: = no $! Not to mention the fact that the jobs (trail systems) aren't overly large and are spread out.

This is the bigger problem that I see in the future, the lack of profit in running a groomer. The only way to ensure that we keep our snowmobiling "lifestyle" intact is that we have to pay to keep it!

Tampico

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
99% of sledders will support it, 1% just like to complain and think it should all be free to us. thanks Dan for helping with this.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Is there a time limit to when the call needs to be made?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I just hope that some these guys complaining about an extra $20 or $30 will burn a little fuel and go to one of the upcoming meetings to help keep some of our riding areas open.

If someone wants to meet up for a car pool in Federal Way, I'll drive to Seattle this Saturday.

Yakima, WA Wednesday, August 10,
5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., Yakima Convention Center, 10 North 8th St, Yakima WA 98901-2515

Cle Elum, WA Thursday, August 11
5:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m., Cle Elum Centennial Center, 719 E. 3rd Street, Cle Elum, WA 98922

Seattle, WA Saturday, August 13,
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Magnuson Park, Mountaineers Program Center, 7700 Sand Point Way N.E., Seattle, WA 98115

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Who makes the call? When will this start? What else can we do to ensure we have the $$ necessary and ensure it stays where it belongs.
It's long overdue regardless of fewer sleds registered.

L
Feb 25, 2009
Washington
Grooming man grooming,
I will pay to play, I think every time I rode at Salmon Le sac (ride there a lot) the trail was great up and down, they did a great job out there. I am all for the groomers, and every time you pass one you should give them a F-in TIP you cheap bastage's.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The roads where I ride have seen excellent grooming, especially the last 2 years and I would like to see it stay that way.
For those that have seen less than stellar grooming, an increase in funds is even more important for those areas.

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
its not all about the grooming, you have to plow too. I don't ride wakepish so it doesn't bother me

Premium Features