• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RAISING OUR LICENSE FEE'S, I'M AT THE BUDGET MEETING

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
No it's not closed, and a groomer and plow was paid and the work never done. Complained to local Forest service and nothing, filed complaints on the web and nothing was done.

Yes the road washed out a few years back and that park was not open, the last two years it's been open and the work is not getting done.

I understand the need for grooming, and have no problem paying .... if it's getting done... but I very rarely ride other areas in WA so I don't care what is going on there. Just like all of you who are getting the grooming your paying for, your all ready to pay to keep it.

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
NOBODY GOT PAID

I can tell you this that nobody got paid if they didnt groom, not sure where you got your info , but that doesn not happen any more. Also , they used to groom up twards spirit lake a few years ago. But with the snopark being closed I'm sure it did not get done this year , Just guessing ?

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
ONLY 5 PEOPLE HAVE CALLED AND LEFT A MESSAGE

5 out of 144 people who have read this blog, not to many, to the 5 , thanks very much, but we need a whole lot more, I know that about 90 % of the riders are willing to pay more, we need some "traction"" please call and leave a message, the WSSA hot line , toll free 800-783-WSSA between 9 and 9 . thanks very much

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
No they have never groomed towards spirit lake , they can bearly keep the parking lot cleared and this is where I ride at 95 %

S
Nov 26, 2007
washington
call made

Thanks Dan for being a front runner for our sport. Seems like I see your rig every other weekend wherever I go! By the way, trailer is still working great!

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
5 out of 144 people who have read this blog, not to many, to the 5 , thanks very much, but we need a whole lot more, I know that about 90 % of the riders are willing to pay more, we need some "traction"" please call and leave a message, the WSSA hot line , toll free 800-783-WSSA between 9 and 9 . thanks very much

C'mon guys!!

It's a 30 second phone call.........Let's get dialing. :)

Last edited:

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I am all for paying more for tabs but why don't we ask the out of staters to pay too. I ride the blues and 70% of the people in our lots our from Idaho and not paying a dime to ride maybe some of the nicest trails in the state.

Rob

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I am all for paying more for tabs but why don't we ask the out of staters to pay too. I ride the blues and 70% of the people in our lots our from Idaho and not paying a dime to ride maybe some of the nicest trails in the state.

Rob

yep. I pay to ride in ID

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
OREGON does not pay here as we dont pay there

We have a system call Reseprosity ( I have no idea how to spell it) with oregon which means we can ride there with out paying and they can ride here, this was set up years and years ago, not sure if its good or bad but thats the way it's been. State parks has looked into changing this , Idaho used to be the same way but they changed their laws so now in certain counties or grooming area's we have to pay. It's not quite an act of congress but close to change this, stay tuned

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
(reciprocity) you were close enough. How has the response been regarding raising the fee's, has WSSA received an overload of phonecalls and opinions, or is this a bad time of year to get input? I voted, but I won't say how, because somebody always is unhappy :face-icon-small-fro even if it's to help the cause. :face-icon-small-win

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
Ya know not everyone owns a car dealer or makes a million. I think it should go off your yearly tax return as to how much to raise it.alot of peeps believe it or not are not riding new cats or pros I see alot of enticers and bravo's at blewitt. I've got a friend with a cabin and six old sleds that they license every year and they are retired on a fixed income they only do it for the grandkids.there goes next generation of sledders. but heh I guess only rich people should have sleds right.the only question is how much are u really wanting to spend?then just donate it I would if I could but like the state im low on funds maybe ill just sit the season out.and be sure not to buy my next car from a certain car dealer .because I can go somewere else where the salesman is not trying to get me to pay for his tabs with my car payment.can't people see everyone is broke.just raise it to 150.00 a sled.I can go to idaho a buy a year tag cheaper now that's funny cheaper to ride out of state.believe id move out of here if I could the sleddinin wa compared to montana sucks the big question what's the cap on what it takes were like obama just keep thowing money at it

so you would rather not have to pay an extra $18 a year then to have snowparks not plowed and roads not groomed? I think taking shots at Dan is pretty pathetic.

S

snowbie

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
I would be willing to pay $50 or $100 a year to keep the groomers and plows running.

Sledding isn't cheap. $50 or $100 is a drop in the bucket compared to the sled, the trailer, the tow vehicle, the super unleaded for the 10mpg sled, oil, all the gear to be safe and comfortable. Seriously, if you can't afford $20, you can't afford to sled.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Wow....tabs have been the same price for what now...close to 10 years? We are waaayyy past due for an increase to keep up with inflation, fuel prices etc...we tried to get this raised 7-8 years ago with no success.
As said....sledding ain't cheap....but the licensing is!
I am grateful for people like dan who go out of their way to keep us informed of what is happening and fighting for our right to ride.
The increase is less than the fuel for a days ride....not a big deal.

Premium Features