• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris with P3036 error code

S
Apr 12, 2024
USA
I have a 2023 Polaris 9R with 1,200 miles and a MBRP Trail Can. The check engine light sometimes comes on with a P3036 error code, but sometimes it does not come on. I can definitely feel a loss in power and I am planning on taking it to a mechanic to have it looked at/fixed. I am just wondering if this was caused by the aftermarket can. Also I have been running VES Gold and not VES Extreme oil but I don't think that this is the issue because the light didn't start to come on until around 800 miles which was 100 miles after I put the MBRP can on. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

nieko

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2009
Exaust valve relearn. Had the exact same thing happen on my 9R around 8-9 hundred miles. Dealer or get an EZ link auto agent three and do it yourself.

S
Apr 12, 2024
USA
I know of a Boost and a 9R that had this problem. I was told there was an update from Polaris for this but I can 't confirm it.
Yeah that is what I have heard. I think that it just needs an ecu tune, but I have also heard that this code can come up from the brake recall that has been done, it sometimes triggers this code for whatever reason.

Premium Features