• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Na vs turbo

B
Nov 26, 2007
If we where worried about the weight difference on the turbo all we would have to do is lose 12lbs. Off our bodies .Yee ha
For the Expert G5's it is a 19lb difference between the stock NA & stock Turbo. I went with an NA and put a jaws pipe/silencer and float shocks on it. Powder Freak head is on the way too. Also removing the sway bar and it puts me at -30lbs less from a stock turbo. I know, its not anything close for comparison cause those can be put on a turbo as well. Been riding for 30+ years. I may some day get a turbo but I seem to get around just fine. Plus I only weigh 150lbs so the sled doesn't need to work to hard to get my skinny little @$$ up the hill.

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
For the Expert G5's it is a 19lb difference between the stock NA & stock Turbo. I went with an NA and put a jaws pipe/silencer and float shocks on it. Powder Freak head is on the way too. Also removing the sway bar and it puts me at -30lbs less from a stock turbo. I know, its not anything close for comparison cause those can be put on a turbo as well. Been riding for 30+ years. I may some day get a turbo but I seem to get around just fine. Plus I only weigh 150lbs so the sled doesn't need to work to hard to get my skinny little @$$ up the hill.
Hummmmmm, it shows only 11 lbs difference on the MSO's from my N/A vs Turbo, same track length........ Then again, I don't give a crap cause the Turbo is so fun to ride and doesn't feel heavier!

H
Oct 18, 2016
I got a turbo this year coming from a 18. What a difference. It is truly amazing, having that instant track speed and extra power sure give me more confidence when dropping into steeper trees which I may have thought twice about before. I will not be going back to N/A

Tahoepow

Lifetime Membership
Aug 7, 2012
North shore Lake Tahoe
Im really thinking hard about going back to ski-doo for the turbo. My Alpha 800 is a good sled. But turbo power has to be insane. I ride 8,000ft-10k so it make even more sense to go turbo. Right?

H

hkollie

Apr 21, 2013
Today I swapped between a 2019 NA G4 165 and a 2023 Turbo expert G5 165....punching though 3-4' of awesome powder....both are great....the NA takes more finess to avoid stucks....it felt lighter/smoother to turn and manuver. The Turbo is an animal in the same terrain it easily provides more options in trees and will go just about anywhere. The new track feels like it bites much better when side hilling or down hill turn ups......the expert turbo felt more twitch but overall....gotta go with the Turbo expert.....and can have plenty of fun with the NA....and probably more stucks

Premium Features