• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Na vs turbo

D
Nov 26, 2007
Tieton,Wash
reading the posts I see several people still purchasing na sleds. Just curious if some people have had a turbo and now returning to na sleds because they have found they don’t need the extra oomph, or costs or… I have not ridden a turbo but hear that they do seem to run better. (Lord knows I couldn’t ride either to their full potential).
Currently there seems to be numerous used turbo doo sleds advertised with warranties.
I am currently wo a sled but I always get weak kneed this time of year to purchase a sled and kind of wondered everyones thoughts

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Both have their place. Some can certainly use a turbo, due to elevation. While at the same time there are some folks who know they have no use or need of one even though they are at elevation.

Personal preference/ experience and knowing how they plan to ride their Summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Even at 2000' - 4500' the turboR walks all over all n.a. sleds and all factory turbos.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
My understanding is anything above sea level the doo turbo builds a corresponding boost?
yes, the horsepower remains the same up to 8k feet as opposed to an n/a sled which loses roughly 5hp per 1000 feet. if you've ridden a turbo you're not going to want to settle for a sled without and what really struck me is that it demonstrates how much power is lost on an n/a sled.

Last edited:

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
You ride a turbo at elevation and you won’t go back to N/A .I have two turbos and two N/A ,I will take the turbo anytime.The turbo doesn’t have to work as hard either,instead of the throttle pinned to the bar you can go with less throttle and go just as far up the hill

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I like both. There is something just fun about a na held to the bars instead of in and out of it on a turbo. A lot of days a turbo is overkill and, to me, na is more fun. That is why i think the 9r will be awesome. On deep days there is no replacement for boost.

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I just went to a turbo after riding 8 years on all different brands of n/a sleds and after riding my first ride on the turbo R, I can tell u I wont be going back to a n/a anytime soon. I know its only one ride so far but there just so much dang fun, and no u dont need a turbo but if u can choose it would be hard to go to n/a if your riding at elevation.

D
Dec 22, 2018
On slow speed technical riding you can feel the difference between n.a. and turbo, as turbo has more weight that sits higher and more inertia. Difference isnt huge but its there. Jumping between my old n.a. and turbo I could really feel there is a difference and n.a. is lighter to manouver. But still I wouldnt go back to n.a. either, turbo is so damn fun.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
New to owning a turbo this year. There is something about hearing that turbo go off and the instant power/track speed is addicting. I could go back next season to a N.A. And have an awesome season But I would sure miss that turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features