• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thinking about jumping ship

D
Dec 22, 2018
As season starts to be on its end, here is what I have seen on our riding group.

G5 pops up on snow better than Matryx, new rear suspension and track are home run from Doo. G5 Turbo has better power to weight ratio than Boost though Pol is lighter. G5 expert turbo dominates drag racing on steep and deep compared to Boost. Matryx tunnel, runningboards and front arms are weak. G5 has more centered weight than Matryx, you can put scales on 3 points (under the skis and the track) and see it on yourself. G5 is 9cm (3,5") narrower than matryx on its widest point, you can also measure this by yourself.

Skidoo has more technology, direct injection engines and shot for example. Etec runs smooth without bogging in any given condition. Doesnt burn plugs and always starts on first pull. No lag unlike boost has. Doo has quick adjuster limiter strap, so basically you have either Khaos or RMK on same sled, just pull the lever.

Matryx holds sidehill better, more predictable. Doo would need new spindles and front suspension geometry needs to be rewised. New spindle on ´24 freeride is a step on right direction. Matryx is lighter, but it has its cost.

Afterall its about preferences, buy whatever you feel is best for you. In my opinion, Polaris needs direct injection tehcnology to keep up with engine department. Also their electrics need a huge improvement on quality. Stronger A-arms and tunnel would be plus.

M
Jan 26, 2013
There you have it folks. Dizzle has so wisely pointed out that my preference is flat out a lie and that to say anything other than Polaris is the best sled on the market is BLASPHEMY. To Dizzle and all of the other "honest" people I sincerely apologize. I will attempt to echo what ever popular opinion gets me back in good grace with the mountain sleder community.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Dude
What a total load of CRAP.

The Gen 5 Expert will ride TOE to TOE with any Poo.
In deeper snow yes it’s 85-90% there with a matryx for handling. In marginal and spring snow the difference is bigger. I’m a skidoo fan for many reasons but spring riding now I hate the Gen 5’s characteristics and want to be back on my Boost immediately. Never spent time on both in marginal conditions and it’s very noticeable, really surprised me.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
In deeper snow yes it’s 85-90% there with a matryx for handling. In marginal and spring snow the difference is bigger. I’m a skidoo fan for many reasons but spring riding now I hate the Gen 5’s characteristics and want to be back on my Boost immediately. Never spent time on both in marginal conditions and it’s very noticeable, really surprised me.
Just want to be sure we are comparing APPLES TO APPLES.

ONLY the Gen 5 EXPERT is comparable.
NO T-Motion
NO Flex-Edge Track.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Just want to be sure we are comparing APPLES TO APPLES.

ONLY the Gen 5 EXPERT is comparable.
NO T-Motion
NO Flex-Edge Track.
Yup stock Gen 5 expert. I’d like to get my Gen 5 expert out with spindles, skis, and suspension to see the difference but still waiting on chaincase parts. We have 1 Gen4 2022 turbo expert in our group and no one wants to ride that sled now.

D
Dec 22, 2018

Take grippers from your boost and your G5 will be different animal on spring snow too.

Though I like new DS4 ski on deep and steep, it still has same problems on spring snow as old DS3 has.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Take grippers from your boost and your G5 will be different animal on spring snow too.

Though I like new DS4 ski on deep and steep, it still has same problems on spring snow as old DS3 has.
I run Mohawks on my Gen 5, it’s just in the shop. Never been a fan of the single deep keel design of skidoos ski.

Snowman10

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 23, 2019
There you have it folks. Dizzle has so wisely pointed out that my preference is flat out a lie and that to say anything other than Polaris is the best sled on the market is BLASPHEMY. To Dizzle and all of the other "honest" people I sincerely apologize. I will attempt to echo what ever popular opinion gets me back in good grace with the mountain sleder community.
You have 12 likes so far on your post and Dizzle has non. END OF STORY!

Premium Features