• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 Twisted Turbo Falls all over itself

S

Snofreak3

Aug 13, 2012
Utah
www.facebook.com
So I bought an 09 M8 Twisted Turbo (pump gas).
Took it up Fairview to test it a little in the fields and parking lot. It just didn't sound right. I wasn't sure where the boost was set for so I backed it off and cranked it over time, but all the way cranked it only pulled 5-6 pounds??? Granted I wasn't pulling hills. But it still seemed weird to me.
The biggest problem: Top end sounds likes crap. Bottom end sounds good and then it hits that top end and sounds sputtery and whiny. It also dies riding because of the temp switch, because I'll switch it off and it'll run. It never got over 110 degrees. It was freezing up there. But it acted like I was riding on my lawn in the summer. I'd slow down to turn around and it started to die until I turned the temp bypass off.
-New temp sensor?
-injectors bad?
-TPS?
-Power valves?
Reeds are good.

I'm new to turbos and I've got a lot of connections to help me get this figured out, but I want to be able to solve this on my own and not bother them. Seriously, any help would be amazing.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Temp Sensor

Turn it off and leave it off. it is used for Hot Starts Only., test it with the switch off, then report on what you find, but if u were riding it with the switch on - no wonder why the temp was cold, because that switch disables the engine Temp Sensor. which will send erroneous info to your ECU.
then find the posts on here to ohm out your temp sensor to see if it's ok. then report on that. then we will logically trouble shoot the issue.

Did you read the Twisted Turbo Thread, after I sent you the Link?? that will give you a ton of Insight and Direction.

Last edited:
S

Snofreak3

Aug 13, 2012
Utah
www.facebook.com
So you're saying I should turn the Temp switch off so it doesn't read the temp??? Or do you mean leave it off as in don't bypass the temp switch The temp switch was on most of the time (as in the temp sensor was not disabled), it would just randomly, while riding, die just like it would if it were hot, and trust me, I wasn't getting it very hot. I was running it back and forth in fluff on a parking lot. haha
Yeah I tried to read some of it. But Ill go back through it. So you want me to OHM out my temp sensor and then report on that??

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
If the Switch is wired to Twisted Install Specs.

Switch off means temp sensor is working,
Switch on means sensor is offline.

S

Snofreak3

Aug 13, 2012
Utah
www.facebook.com
The fuel pressure is at 41 while idling. I messed with the boost controller though. How do I get it back to where it needs to be? Also, this is a different TPS than the one that the previous owner had, he changed it before he sold it because the old one had dead spots in it....

Whimp

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2012
Laurel Montana
help

Go find someone who knows the turbos well. It will save you a ton of time and fuss. Even if you have to pay them to help you. It seems the previous owner was fighting issues as well if he was replacing parts. You need to start testing things.

Ohm out the tps, check injector pulses, look for codes, check for boost leaks, make sure bobeck box is functioning correctly, check wiring. Thats a good start anyways....... good luck

Premium Features