• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

is there any goggles that will even sort of work for me??!

F
Oct 5, 2008
Seattle Eastside
I'll start by saying that I...am a sweater. I sweat, alot when I ride, or do anything active. I'm in actually pretty damn good shape, not overweight or anything -- I just hydrate a lot, and well...anti-hydrate when I work. :)

I have NEVER been able to keep a pair of goggles on my face. I've tried 4 brands...but I will almost always start fogging, even before i get out of the parking lot. What is the solution for me? has anybody found the "magic combo" of what I need?

I've done anti-fog cloth and / or paste with the brand new oakley's. Fog. Smith. Fog. Bolle. Fog. Do I need a nose cone? A fan? I'm at my wit's end...I always end up sledding with no goggles on, because otherwise I can't frickin' see...

help? solutions from those that have dealt with it???

cheers!:beer;

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I'm not a sweater (I'm a vest :D).

I like the Haber Vision Polarized goggles the best of those I have tried.

I do not have a goggle fogging problem but, I think it's because I use "Quick straps"

http://www.helmetoutletusa.com/inde...&Cat=Accessories&Name=Quick Straps&Manuf=Roko

Anytime I am not moving the goggles are unhooked and hanging off the side of the helmet. Sitting still with goggles on for even short periods of time will fog up most goggles I have tried.

That works for me but, maybe a nose cup might help too but, personally I felt claustrophobic with one on.

F
Oct 5, 2008
Seattle Eastside
I'm not a sweater (I'm a vest :D).

I like the Haber Vision Polarized goggles the best of those I have tried.

I do not have a goggle fogging problem but, I think it's because I use "Quick straps"

http://www.helmetoutletusa.com/inde...&Cat=Accessories&Name=Quick Straps&Manuf=Roko

Anytime I am not moving the goggles are unhooked and hanging off the side of the helmet. Sitting still with goggles on for even short periods of time will fog up most goggles I have tried.

That works for me but, maybe a nose cup might help too but, personally I felt claustrophobic with one on.
thanks for the reply frostbite...looking at habervisions website...what model did you get, and what was the suggestion for model and lens type and color for sledders??

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Here's a trick, join Habervisons site and the price of the goggles drop almost in half, and they don't ever send you anything.

I'm not sure what model I have but they have a blueish polarized lense and a silverish colored frame and the entire top is vented (which would be great for you). If I'm not mistaken, "Haber" is the name of one of the guys who founded one of the major sunglass companies (oakley?). Now he is using his polarized sunglass technology for goggles.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
this is what i do to keep from fogging. first off when i exhale i try to breath down and out the bottom of my helmet, second i never pull the quickstrap off my helmet and let the goggles hang(it only takes a couple snowflakes to create moisture then your done), i'll pull the whole helmet off and put it under the hood of my sled, third i try not to stand still to long got to keep the air moving, fourth i use my t-shirt or a non scratching eye-glass cloth to wipe out any moisture or fog as soon as it starts to accumulate. a couple of people that i ride with used to always pull there quickstraps every time we stopped and at the end of the season they asked why my goggles didn't fogg as bad as theres i told them not to pull there goggles off and let them hang EVER. they listend and now don't have half the problem of fogging they used to.

Last edited:
S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
I'm a sweater too, fog everything. Don't think they fog? give them to me and I'll fog 'em. The only goggles I use for sledding are the Smith turbo fan's, they work. I used to pack 4 or 5 pairs of goggles on a day ride, now I pack 2, one with a tinted lens and one with a gold lite(in case I drop them in the snow). I let the fan run on low from the time I put them on, the battery lasts for several rides and you can tell when it quits....they start to fog, lol. AAA's are cheap and it only needs one, so put a spare in a pocket. Lifetime warranty (got a new pair last year when the fan quit, broken wire?)

T
Nov 6, 2008
Cranbrook, BC
www.kickasssleds.com
If you stop, remove helmet.

If stuck -remove it quickly.

Habervision with fan might work, but sledding it is on fulltime, so bring extra batteries for cold times.

Stop breathing helps the best!!! Ha Ha!! No seroiusly -it works??

Open up some of those coat sweAT vents or wear less clothing.

I just switch to sun glasses when it is not snowing or reallly cold and to be honest that can work best.

K
Dec 17, 2008
penticton, b.c.
i bought a set of 509 sinisters, because they claim they don't fog....not so...they fog...the lense was also scratched, right out of the box (yellow-chrome)...i took them back to the dealer where i bought them, and they said,"tough luck"...not too impressed with the 509 sinister...maybe the anti-fog coating was missed? who knows....i'm back riding with my pro-grips....looks like i spent $100.00 for nothing! i LOVE it when that happens...:mad:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I have a set of 509's and They fogged up in 5 minutes and they went back into the pack. The Scott 89xi turbo goggles are the ones I am sticking with this year. Hopefully the 509's will work well in the summer for me.

C
Nov 8, 2009
SMITH TURBO FANS RULE!! If they do fog, the fan will clear them in a minute or two. Nothing without a fan works as well as these.

N

ne1cadrgn

Dec 10, 2008
Dawson Creek, BC
if you stop, remove helmet.

If stuck -remove it quickly.

Habervision with fan might work, but sledding it is on fulltime, so bring extra batteries for cold times.

Stop breathing helps the best!!! Ha ha!! No seroiusly -it works??

Open up some of those coat sweat vents or wear less clothing.

I just switch to sun glasses when it is not snowing or reallly cold and to be honest that can work best.

x 2......

J

John Peck

Jan 9, 2008
Pierre
I ordered the habbor fan system and added it to my 509s . I wear glasses so more glass to fog. I think anything with a fan will help you. Its chepper to just add the fan to one of you goggle you already have though. just my 2Cents.

Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
This might sound crazy but I use Arid XX dry on my face and it keeps my face from sweating too bad and that teamed up with my Scott 89 Xi turbos has been the magic combination.

X2 for me ( except for the Arid on the face) Scott 89 Xi Turbo flows. I carry three different pair with different lenses. I only take them off my face when I am digging out. If we are stopped and talking I do not take them off. I concentrate on breathing down and out of my mouth. I never fog... Love them

D
Oct 25, 2009
SMITH TURBO FANS RULE!! If they do fog, the fan will clear them in a minute or two. Nothing without a fan works as well as these.

Another vote for the Smith Turbo Fans!! I hike a lot and sweat my balls off constantly, batteries last a long time and they definitely work!! Go for it

S
Jan 27, 2009
OR
I sweat a lot too, and Scott Hi Voltages are the best I've tried. The smaller profile allows much more air to circulate through the goggles, instead of sealing the top and sides of the goggles against the helmet (like my Oakleys and Scott NoSweats and friends' Smiths do). Works great with my extra large melon. I've also found the motorcycle version with a double lens works better than the snow version for most of our warmer Northwest conditions - the vent foam isn't as dense as the snow version and allows more airflow, but makes your eyes water like crazy below about 15 degrees.

F
Oct 5, 2008
Seattle Eastside
thanks for all the input fellas...

I wear almost no clothing other than a t-shirt type and my klim coat. I will be ordering a set of quick straps...waiting until january...apparently, 509 is coming out with a magnetic pair that seem to be pretty bad ***...friend of mine saw them at a snow show...

I think it is obvious, that I need a fan type goggle. my only question now, is what would be better? smith turbo fan -- that is about twice as much BUT has a lifetime warranty, or the habervision goggles and fan, that are half as much, but only 1 year warranty -- BUT i can take the fan out, and put them into any other goggles i have....

I like warranties...but I like the idea of being able to use the fan with whatever goggles I want....hmmm....thoughts??...

p.s. arid extra-dry on the face takes the cake for inventive new ideas to get my face to quit sweating! :) maybe I should just dip my head in that stuff...that'd probably work!!

D
Jun 28, 2009
Sin City
I am using the new Zeal's for this year and they are absolutely awesome! The color choices for the photochromatic is perfect and the antifog coating really works. I have yet to fog them up, but havent been in any really deep powder yet either. Not to mention that they are polarized as well.

Campsaver.com had them on sale for 139.00 for a short time and I happen to be lucky enough to find the sale... right time right place...

Here is a link to the ones I got.

http://www.zealoptics.com/goggles-section.php?carXML=goggles_sppx&m=1&s=5

Premium Features