• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

is there any goggles that will even sort of work for me??!

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
i bought a set of 509 sinisters, because they claim they don't fog....not so...they fog...the lense was also scratched, right out of the box (yellow-chrome)...i took them back to the dealer where i bought them, and they said,"tough luck"...not too impressed with the 509 sinister...maybe the anti-fog coating was missed? who knows....i'm back riding with my pro-grips....looks like i spent $100.00 for nothing! i LOVE it when that happens...:mad:

Which dealer told you that? That's total BS.

We will cover those directly with a free lens replacement. Just email tom@509fillms.com or call 1-877-RIDE-509 9-5pm PST time and we'll get you taken care of.

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Something else to look at is your helmet. ALL the goggles listed here are GREAT goggles! If you are still having issues, maybe your goggles aren't fitting right in your helmet. 2nd thing, alot of the MX helmets used for sledding have little venting. Last year I switched to a superduper vented helmet last year (14 vents I think?) and I can't remember fogging up once in 2500 mountain miles. This was the first winter to not do so... kind of made a :light: go off in my brain. ;)

K
Dec 17, 2008
penticton, b.c.
Something else to look at is your helmet. ALL the goggles listed here are GREAT goggles! If you are still having issues, maybe your goggles aren't fitting right in your helmet. 2nd thing, alot of the MX helmets used for sledding have little venting. Last year I switched to a superduper vented helmet last year (14 vents I think?) and I can't remember fogging up once in 2500 mountain miles. This was the first winter to not do so... kind of made a :light: go off in my brain. ;)

Klim helmet....goggles fit well in the helmet

K
Dec 17, 2008
penticton, b.c.
i bought a set of 509 sinisters, because they claim they don't fog....not so...they fog...the lense was also scratched, right out of the box (yellow-chrome)...i took them back to the dealer where i bought them, and they said,"tough luck"...not too impressed with the 509 sinister...maybe the anti-fog coating was missed? who knows....i'm back riding with my pro-grips....looks like i spent $100.00 for nothing! i LOVE it when that happens...:mad:

after messaging back and forth with tom at 509, i'm going to re-cant my previous post...after he read my post, and i explained to him the issues i was having with my goggles, he dropped a new lense in the mail right away! i'm hoping the fogging lenses were just an exception, and will see if the new ones are going to work better....what i can say is that tom provides excellent customer service! looking forward to trying the new lenses out...not sure if any of the bigger companies, or major brands would have stepped up to the plate like tom has....thank you tom!

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
I use the Scott 89xi with quick straps. That model Scott vents really well. They would only fog when stopped if I didn't unstrap them. This year I also bought a "No Fog" mask and that is so effective at deflecting my breath that I can leave my goggles on at a dead stop indefinitely without fogging.

Last edited:
S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
First of all, don't wear cotton, it just makes you sweat.

Get a good breath deflector, like a "No-fog".

Then find a helmet/goggle combo that fits well together and fits your face.

Then buy two pairs of those goggles, get a goggle bag that you can mount under the hood and switch out the goggles as needed.

I’m a major foger. i went with the smith snow turbos with the OTG insert for my glasses. they are a large fit gog with more air space volume. Helps keep stuff from fogging. also the thing about keeping your head cool is huge. Klim dose make a great lid for that. not my cup of tea though. no fog face mask is a must to keep your breath away. last is the whole antiperspent thing. i have thought about this but always worried if some sweat occurred it might get in my eyes and burn like a mofo, or i would lose some vision and crash into a tree.

K
Dec 8, 2007
Lumby, B.C.
i have a pair of scott xi turbo that i usualy wair and they work really well but on the last ride they fogged up on me right away and i had a pair of cheap gordini goggles and i went the rest of the day with them and they never fogged :beer;

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I'm the same way. I have tried the Habervision Fog eliminator. Waste of $$ f0or a serious Anit-Hydrator. Best is quick straps and 2 pairs of goggles. I change goggles alot.

Contact HaberVision, I am sure they will give you your money back. We stand by our products. What goggles do you have them in?

Something to make sure of is that the cooling/venting ports on top of the goggle are not blocked with snow or ice. If they get blocked the Eliminator has no where to evacuate the air.

Contact me if you want me to help you troubleshoot them.

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
I have never seen a set of goggles that don't fog.Thought about the ones with a fan. I have never tried them. I call bs on goggles that don't fog.

I used to carry 3-4 pairs of goggles, I bought these with the sensor mirror lens, I leave the fan on low all the time, no matter how hard I ride, I NEVER have a problem with the fogging up. One of the best investments I have made in sled gear. Try them, you will love them. Only goggles I use now, I never have to swap them out.

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
I used to carry 3-4 pairs of goggles, I bought these with the sensor mirror lens, I leave the fan on low all the time, no matter how hard I ride, I NEVER have a problem with the fogging up. One of the best investments I have made in sled gear. Try them, you will love them. Only goggles I use now, I never have to swap them out.
Bwahahahahaha, fan in yer goggles! What will they think of next? :rolleyes:

B
Nov 30, 2007
Meridian Idaho
I am also a big time fogger, but I have had good luck with scott snow cross goggles, i added a beak to the nose and i carry 2 or 3 pairs on bad/good days! I use a troy lee motorcross helmen that is well vented, but the biggest help i have noticed is the 10 dollar breath deflector that i velcrow into the beak of my helmet. it forces your breath down and its completely open on the bottom. with this set up I rarely remove my helmet, and I never remove my goggles. It works well for me. keeping my breath going down seems to be the key!

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Zeal - enough said.

I've worn Oakleys, Scott, Pro-Grip, Utopia, Bolle, and Spy - all with Quick Straps - all of them fogged up - quickly. I used to carry 5 pair of goggles with me... until I tried Zeal Detonators. I haven't had them fog once in two seasons of riding, they are light sensitive and polarized. Awesome product, expensive... but worth every penny. Give them a try, you won't be dissapointed.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm in decent shape but seem to run hotter than others and sweat very easy. I was using my smith goggles that I use for dirtbiking and was spending more time trying to keep the fog off them than riding. So I figured I'd try the 509 Sinisters and I only have a few rides on them but I think they're awesome. They do fog a bit when I stop and don't take them off but as soon as I start moving again they clear up. I'm extremely happy with them and wish I had of got them long ago.

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
If you buy the expensive fan goggles I got a lenz protector on them. Now no scratching the lenz.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Longmont,CO
i use an over the glasses size goggle because they are larger with better ventilation, the lense is farther from the skin than a traditional size goggle, Smith Cascade OTG, not expensive which is important if you shred equipment on a regular basis, i can't even wear normal goggles, they fog right away....the turbo fan I have tried with no luck, they just ice up really bad and I keep ripping off the battery pack on tree branches...the deodorant thing sounds like genius.....and I carry 4 extra pairs of goggle with me and two small towels.

Premium Features