• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

is there any goggles that will even sort of work for me??!

L
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Forks BC Canada
I don't think there is a solution for some of us, I don't sweat as much as I used to, getting older, 70, don't sweat as much. However I have on several occasions weighed myself before and after doing my 30 minute cardio at the gym. I lose 1/2 lb of moisture into the air according to the scales, the rest of my sweat is still in my sweats so it doesn't show up on the scales. I don't see how it's possible to deal with this in a helmet. The money back offers don't work for me because to change all my gear, then find out it doesn't work and only get back on the goggles is too expensive.

I don't think there is a solution for some of us, I don't sweat as much as I used to, getting older, 70, don't sweat as much. However I have on several occasions weighed myself before and after doing my 30 minute cardio at the gym. I lose 1/2 lb of moisture into the air according to the scales, the rest of my sweat is still in my sweats so it doesn't show up on the scales. I don't see how it's possible to deal with this in a helmet. The money back offers don't work for me because to change all my gear, then find out it doesn't work and only get back on the goggles is too expensive.

WOW, 70 and sleddin, doin Cardio, I'm impressed. Hope I'll be alive enough when I'm 70 LOL

D
Jun 28, 2009
Sin City
I've worn Oakleys, Scott, Pro-Grip, Utopia, Bolle, and Spy - all with Quick Straps - all of them fogged up - quickly. I used to carry 5 pair of goggles with me... until I tried Zeal Detonators. I haven't had them fog once in two seasons of riding, they are light sensitive and polarized. Awesome product, expensive... but worth every penny. Give them a try, you won't be dissapointed.

I agree. You get what you pay for, but some wont listen or bother to give it a try. Another full week of fogless riding for me with my Zeals this week. I cant say that about the Oakley's, Scotts, or Spy's Ive had. I love my Oakleys when dirt/sand riding and wouldnt trade them for any others. Now in the snow I wouldnt trade my Zeals for any others...period!

W

whitegold46

Mar 3, 2008
Smithers, B.C.
after messaging back and forth with tom at 509, i'm going to re-cant my previous post...after he read my post, and i explained to him the issues i was having with my goggles, he dropped a new lense in the mail right away! i'm hoping the fogging lenses were just an exception, and will see if the new ones are going to work better....what i can say is that tom provides excellent customer service! looking forward to trying the new lenses out...not sure if any of the bigger companies, or major brands would have stepped up to the plate like tom has....thank you tom!

I am looking at replacing my goggles and was just wondering how these 509's worked for you....

S
Dec 10, 2008

I saw someone else recommended the Zeal Detonator...I have heard good things about them as well. I have worn Dragon Mace and Dragon Rogue two years in a row now after being frustrated with foggy goggles. I have not had the Dragons ever fog up on me and we ride HARD. I just got my boyfriend a pair and his always fog up on him....not now since he started wearing the Dragon Rogues. We backcountry, hillclimb,...you name it, so we don't lollygag down the roads. The Dragons are expensive but I have found them on Brociety.com; Whiskeymilitia.com; or Tramdock.com for 50% off. These are sites that will have short temporary deals on gear so it is a hit and miss. Just keep checking back, they show up quite often. Good luck!!

Premium Features