• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

is there any goggles that will even sort of work for me??!

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
For those that are foggers your really should give the HaberVision Eliminators a shot. I think you will be happy with them. If you're not happy, send them back. We'll give your money back. No need to post them up in the classifieds trying to get some of your money back. These things really work. The built in humidity sensor turns them on BEFORE the fogging starts. Then back off when humidity drops to a normal level.

http://www.habervision.com/product/12013.aspx?code=powderhound

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
This might sound crazy but I use Arid XX dry on my face and it keeps my face from sweating too bad and that teamed up with my Scott 89 Xi turbos has been the magic combination.

Be carefull doing that. Trying to plug your pores or "cooling ports" can cause heat stroke. You sweat for a reason and that is because your body's core temp is getting too high.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I think it is obvious, that I need a fan type goggle. my only question now, is what would be better? smith turbo fan -- that is about twice as much BUT has a lifetime warranty, or the habervision goggles and fan, that are half as much, but only 1 year warranty -- BUT i can take the fan out, and put them into any other goggles i have....

I like warranties...but I like the idea of being able to use the fan with whatever goggles I want....hmmm....thoughts??...

The HaberVision Eliminator has a full lifetime warranty against workmanship and defects;
http://www.habervision.com/content/service.html?code=powderhound

Basically, as long as you don't smash the thing (abuse) we will take care of it.

L
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Forks BC Canada
Can't wear goggles because I wear glasses and also sweat, full face helmet with breath guard is the only solution for me, keeping the face shield 1/2 open or more all the time, would like to put a fan on the helmet. don't see any for that.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Can't wear goggles because I wear glasses and also sweat, full face helmet with breath guard is the only solution for me, keeping the face shield 1/2 open or more all the time, would like to put a fan on the helmet. don't see any for that.

Have you seen the HaberVision OUZO ?

It is designed for glasses wearers. Give them a try, if you don't like them we'll refund your money.

We also have the optical insert that is designed to go inside of goggles:

Optical Insert $25

get_image.aspx
[

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
once habervision has a nose gaurd like the scott or 509 i will give them a try but not untill then.

N
Dec 14, 2007
Pobably not the answer you are looking for but AC makes a goggle bag that goes under your hood. Keep 2 pairs of goggles with you and when one gets fogged up put them in the goggle bag and use the other set. Within 20 min of riding the goggles in the bag are as dry as when you put them on in the morning. Buddies are mounting the AC bag on the doos now down by the can and they are working great there also.

R

rev2xheart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Montana / Alberta
So where exactly are they mounting the bags on the skidoos? I have the original rev model and skidoo doesn't have anything like it. A few buddies have them on their cats and it seems to help. If anything it keeps them dry when you are not using them.

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
I have a set of 509's and They fogged up in 5 minutes and they went back into the pack. The Scott 89xi turbo goggles are the ones I am sticking with this year. Hopefully the 509's will work well in the summer for me.

I have a set of each. I prefer the 509's but I don't notice a difference in fogging between the 2. I like the 509's better because the smaller footprint(I have the first generation ones)

Get some dirt lenses for your 509's Tom has them. Also has dirt specific goggles that are pretty sweet.

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
Same problem here, but I also need glasses which makes it worse. Only googles that have ever worked for me are the old style Smith Turbo from ProVue (the ones with the button on the forehead and glasses built in). Almost impossible to find now, though ...

Goggle bag under the hood works wonders. I rotate two pairs throughout the day.

W

WITHERS

Sep 19, 2009
this is what i do to keep from fogging. first off when i exhale i try to breath down and out the bottom of my helmet, second i never pull the quickstrap off my helmet and let the goggles hang(it only takes a couple snowflakes to create moisture then your done), i'll pull the whole helmet off and put it under the hood of my sled, third i try not to stand still to long got to keep the air moving, fourth i use my t-shirt or a non scratching eye-glass cloth to wipe out any moisture or fog as soon as it starts to accumulate. a couple of people that i ride with used to always pull there quickstraps every time we stopped and at the end of the season they asked why my goggles didn't fogg as bad as theres i told them not to pull there goggles off and let them hang EVER. they listend and now don't have half the problem of fogging they used to.
when you use the quik straps i agree never let them hang but wrap them over the top of your helmet keeps the snow out and they never fog. I havent even had to piss around with my goggles since I started usin the quik straps

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
when you use the quik straps i agree never let them hang but wrap them over the top of your helmet keeps the snow out and they never fog. I havent even had to piss around with my goggles since I started usin the quik straps

I put on my QS on so that I can wrap them on the back of my helmet.

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
Another vote for the Smith Turbo Fans!! I hike a lot and sweat my balls off constantly, batteries last a long time and they definitely work!! Go for it

Another sweater here, I LOVE my turbo fans!! best no fog goggles ever!! worth every penny!!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I have never seen a set of goggles that don't fog.Thought about the ones with a fan. I have never tried them. I call bs on goggles that don't fog.

N
Oct 6, 2009
Alaska
You might not want to here this but a heated visor is the way to go. My visor has never fogged up in the past 2 years. I've even had sweat running down my forehead. I even tried to make it fog up with heavy breathing, nothing. The kit was easy to install on my 08 Summit Rev. The only drawback is that your the moron with the cord hanging from your helmet. I don't care, it's worth it. The 4 guys I ride with have to stop and put their goggles under their hood every so often.

Premium Features