• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat 2025 Product Information Guide

P
Dec 15, 2018
16k is what the 600 cost with ****ty shocks. I must just get terrible deals lol. Might as well order one , can allways back out and sell the deposit.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I don’t think I can talk myself into paying $20K for an NA sled. I’ll be out at that price. Especially when there is good deals on holdover Doos and Pols.
It seems like i seen someone get a brand new 23 pro boost holdover for 17. I blew way by 20k on a 24 es 9r with 325 track. Awesome sled but over priced. Should be halfway between a boost and 850 imo. I'm guessing the guage will add 1200 like poo and doo. That plus 23 price plus another grand is my guess.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
At $18-19k for Mountain Cat with premium shocks and guage, I'm in. You still have to add freight and taxes. Any more and I'll just wait for a holdover the next year like I did this year with my 23 9R (16k).

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I visited with my dealer Friday this is what he told me. Cat will post the pricing the end of the month and open snowchecks for a period of time. He was not sure for how long. In this period we can order from the dealers not Cats website. This is to gauge demand. Then in March another round of snowchecks will start like normal. During this time you’ll have to order from Cats website. Depending on demand you’ll get what you get during the second round of snowchecks. So if you want one make sure to order in the first round. I asked him about pricing he’s hearing 20. He’s hoping for around 16. He said he’ll sell a ton of sleds at 16, it‘ll be slow at 20. At 20 I’ll have to find a used one the following year. Anyway this is what he told me, we‘ll have to see how it plays out. I would expect demand to be extremely high.
My dealer basically told me the same thing that there would be 2 rounds of snow checks. With the first ones being delivered in Aug or Sept and the second being in Nov or Dec all estimates. Pricing will be interesting currently a 165- 800 MC ES with the premium gauge is 22,300 CAD. The doo expert with the big gauge 21,900 same as the Pol 850 and the 9 R is 26,200 all 165 tracks with ES or shot ,big gauge and premium shocks. All prices are CAD

Last edited:
K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
On second thought, I wish they offered the Mountain Cat WITHOUT the premium gauge. They don't all work with the other manufacturers, likely be the only one in the group who has one. Personally think the current guage on my Alpha has plenty of useful info, mostly coolant and EGT Temps.

Plus, you can always add it later it you want. Too much extra money for something that won't get the use IMO.

32longtrack

Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
The last time I snow checked a sled was March 2011 at a spring snow show (2012 proclimb fox shocks non es 162, I still have it) 11,800.00, I don’t remember the MSRP. If they want 20 grand for the new equivalent sled that’s $631.00 yearly increase (13 years). I agree with koolaid, I’d skip the gauge, it drives up the cost. Most of the tech I wouldn’t use anyway. I’m baffled that people are so enamored with tech over performance. I’d take the premium shocks and get way more use out of them. If it’s true someone bought a 23 pro boost holdover for 17 that‘s a very good deal. My dealer did say he is ordering in season sleds this year he hasn’t been able to do that in a few years might help with the price next spring.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
The last time I snow checked a sled was March 2011 at a spring snow show (2012 proclimb fox shocks non es 162, I still have it) 11,800.00, I don’t remember the MSRP. If they want 20 grand for the new equivalent sled that’s $631.00 yearly increase (13 years). I agree with koolaid, I’d skip the gauge, it drives up the cost. Most of the tech I wouldn’t use anyway. I’m baffled that people are so enamored with tech over performance. I’d take the premium shocks and get way more use out of them. If it’s true someone bought a 23 pro boost holdover for 17 that‘s a very good deal. My dealer did say he is ordering in season sleds this year he hasn’t been able to do that in a few years might help with the price next spring.
My last snow check was an '01....damn I'm getting old! LOL
The '23 boosts for $17k is a real deal, there are plenty of them too so it's not a bait and switch thing.

I asked this in another thread and nobody had the answer. Does the Garmin G8 disply altitude?

B

Bernoulli

Feb 6, 2023
MN
My last snow check was an '01....damn I'm getting old! LOL
The '23 boosts for $17k is a real deal, there are plenty of them too so it's not a bait and switch thing.

I asked this in another thread and nobody had the answer. Does the Garmin G8 disply altitude?

At 3:02 the gauge shows 930' elevation. This was at the initial release.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
My last snowcheck was a 2020 165 mountain cat es and was right around $14k otd. It’s gross what they, and everything else, cost these days. As to the cheap boosts, there’s some dealer in Colorado that is advertising them for like $16,999 all over Facebook. Think they said at the beginning of the season they were sitting on like 200 holdovers. I’d consider a boost/9r if I didn’t have a serious trust issue with Polaris engines.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
In 22, my buddy and I had a boost and my wife had a new 850 with 7s. Even though factory boost was awesome itold them the coolest thing was the buddy tracking as dumb as that sounds. The next year i had a lynx and met some friends, from north dakota, in island park. He was the only one with the guage. He told me it's just a guage when your the only one. The 7s was a game changer for my wife. She was always worried about getting too far away and not being able to find us. A trip in alpine, a few headed of the mountain early. I could see her following a buddy when i was looking for her. She realized we weren't leaving and headed back up the mountain to find us. She would have never done that without the guage and i would have had to go get her or she would have left early with them. That is priceless. Completely took all the worry out for her. I will chance the guage and i may order her one after i ride my daughter's sled. My problem is i like trying new stuff so i never stick with anything. Brand loyalty is silly. I started on cat but that means nothing to me. They owe me. I don't owe them anything. I'm the customer.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Last cat i snowchecked was 2020 hardcore 154 for $12000 with 1 year of warranty. Add 1200 for a guage and 1200 for e start and 165 and I'll throw them another 1000. That 858 better not be over 15400.
I am a 154 guy but liked my 19 165 better.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Last cat i snowchecked was 2020 hardcore 154 for $12000 with 1 year of warranty. Add 1200 for a guage and 1200 for e start and 165 and I'll throw them another 1000. That 858 better not be over 15400.
I am a 154 guy but liked my 19 165 better.
Does that $12K seems cheap. Does it represent MSRP or negotiated selling price?

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Who knows when I'll be in a position to buy a new sled, but I'll definitely want to get some time on the 858 Catalyst next season, and if I like the way it rides and the teething issues are minimal, I could see paying $20k. Hopefully if there are issues, they're minor; I could take one hit if it's not too hard to fix or too high-probability of failure, like a few of Poos issues I could mention, but too much and even $16k wouldn't be interesting to me. Basically, I'm willing to pay a little more if it means getting something I can count on delivering at least a couple trouble-free seasons over the cheapest new sled I can get.

On the gauge and tracking issue, I wonder what it'd take to make a universal transmitter. That'd be a solution, and I'm sure people would pay good money for it. I'm not sure what kind of money it'd take, but hopefully it'd be cheaper than buying a whole different gauge (like TrailTech). Because of the lack of interoperability, I'm not sure I'd be interested in paying more for the gauge; depends on how much. But if the manufacturers decide to keep their tracking setups on different systems, a lot of people are going to stick with the basic gauge and buy a TrailTech even if they'd like the 7S or G8. If somebody decides to make their fancy gauge setup work with the rest, it'd be a big selling point. What I'm looking for (in addition to good reliability) is the 858, a decent basic gauge (even if it's kind of rudimentary, like my Pro), and a decent, rebuildable shock package. I don't need e-start, the fancy gauge, or a bunch of decals and graphics, but all too often they want you to buy stuff you don't need to get the stuff you do.

Premium Features