• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

any mtx vipers showing up yet

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Canada is starting to see base model MTX arriving. Get your gear ready!

Pic stolen from Totallyamaha.com

attachment.php

2015mtx.jpg

K45

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
QUOTE=BigFish BC;3704634]

Not that it matters but my viper is way louder than my straight pipe tunnel dump TSS 2 stroke turbo. I like the sound of my Viper but not even close to as quite as the TXM. I dont need a couple vids to prove that, I can fire the two up side by side.......just a fact.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
never been around a tss doo but lots of poo & cat turbos & too me the 2 strokes are way louder but thats just my interpritation.guess my hi pitch hearing is better than my low.:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-hap

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Don't you just love the way the guy keep ripping on a new sled making statements while nobody has logged not even 1 mile.....I'm beginning to think guys with clutch & belt issues are clueless to begin with and probably don't do very good job of maintaining there clutches to begin with....

I'm 100% sure that the guys at LCC, MPI & M. Brazena who all have been involved in the R&D of the 2015 Viper had felt the stock belt was an issue a change in belt compound would have been made.

DPG

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Give your crusade a rest, or go find somewhere else to rant.
I am really getting tired of all the complaints about your posts.

I just got off the phone with MPI they have 15 2015 MTX Vipers they have been testing for the last 1.5 years. The 8JP stock belts work just fine as long as clutch setup is done correctly...Give them a call 888-649-4609

I get really tired of guys complaining about a sled they have not even ridden yet.

DPG

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I just got off the phone with MPI they have 15 MTX Vipers they have been testing for the last 1.5 years. The 8JP stock belts work just fine as long as clutch setup is done correctly...Give them a call 888-649-4609

I get really tired of guys complaining about a sled they have not even ridden yet.

DPG
And everyone else is just plain tired of you constantly attacking people on SnoWest.

Having reviewed your last 100 posts, we strongly suggest that you
GIVE IT A REST.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
And everyone else is just plain tired of you constantly attacking people on SnoWest.

Having reviewed your last 100 posts, we strongly suggest that you
GIVE IT A REST.

You know how many times a week I get attack for being candid, honest and truthful ? I have read plenty of post where you are being attacked and you defend yourself, right ?

Did you call MPI to verify the 8JP stock belt works just fine on the 2015 MTX ? Or is it exceptable to you that a certain forum member continues to bash the quality of the Viper MTX belt & clutching without ever riding the sled.

DPG

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
The SWForum moderators have a duty to to its users to verify fact from fiction...In doing so it would prevent a lot of issues from arising unnecessarily...Case in point I made one call to one of Yamaha's main R&D vendors to here the truth about the 8JP belt on the 2015 Viper MTX.

DPG

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
This thread was never hijacked just full of untrue rumors about the 2015 Viper stock belt brought on by one member of this forum...Sadly the moderators of the forum allows these type of negative untrue rumors to continue to exist.

The 2015 Viper will surely be a great sled. Setup correctly by your dealer and not Internet chatter will provide lots of trouble free miles.

DPG

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
MPI (source 1), Yamaha's turbo vendor I've been told has 15 2015 Vipers which they have been testing under boost for over a year now without any issues with the stock 8JP...One would think if there was belt issues it would happen under boost and that just not the case.

When it comes to mountain clutching setups the folks at LCC (source 2) are top dogs in that department with years of Yamaha clutching & turbo experience They also work closely with MPI when it comes to putting the horsepower to the ground...When talking to MPI they even acknowledge that LCC has probably done the most Yamaha turbo installs on the planet. And for good reason there setups consistently rock and are head & shoulders better than the rest.

And no I'm not pitching sales to any one company just stating facts that many all ready know to be true....I lost count as to how many project sleds LCC over the years built for SW.

Can anyone think of another source that has more experience with the 2015 Viper than the 2 vendors mentioned above if so please provide there name & phone number.

DPG

Last edited:

Tomkat700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2013
Pierce, Co
I also spoke with Matt at MPI and he stated he had one major belt failure while testing and said he would recommend a properly set up 8DN belt. And since his company is building my turbo I will be switching.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
That interesting 2 different stories from the same company. Perhaps MPI will chime in and set the record straight.

Something is not not adding up MPI according to them have been testing the 2015 for over a year one would think if there was a real issue with stock 8PJ belt a recommendation to change would have been made.

DPG

Last edited:
T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I'm not sure what the problem is with say that he is going to switch to the 8dn. I seem to remember he found last year it worked better after he did that. I understand also the 8dn is a cheaper belt. I also like that fact that every yamaha I own uses the same belt.

Seems like a lot of positives to me.

Maybe the moderator should chat with the guy who bashes another members comments whether they have merit or not.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Isn't it just bit inflammatory when someone complains about the " 2015 Viper Dreaded 8PJ belt " without ever riding a 2015 Viper ?

Imagine if I went over to skidoo site and posted a thread saying that the 2015 T3 belt/ clutch sucks because back in 2013 the belt/ clutch sucked...You want to see guys come unglued

How would you like to be waiting for your 2015 Viper to arrive your ready to spend 15K plus on your new hot rod sled only to hear a guy complain about the 2015 sled your about to purchase will arrive with the dreaded 8PJ belt...What I find funny typically when setup correctly yamaha clutching & stock belt have been pretty good.....Can there be a bad batch of belts from time to time sure there can. Heck belts are nothing more than a huge rubber hose cut down to 1 1/2 inch piece sections.

When you go to buy a brand new belt always ask to see no less than 3 of the same belts carefully inspect the sidewalls to make sure the cord are seated correctly ....There should probably be a discussion on how to prep a new belt but that will have to be another time.

DPG

Premium Features